So, who wants Hillary Clinton for president?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's how I rank 'em in order of preference

1. Barack Obama - Mostly on style. But style wins elections and dems need to win.
2. Wesley Clark - Love this man, but he needs more exposure
3. John Edwards - Familiar, inspiring, solid style, sorta southern.
4. Hillary Clinton - Super strong, great substance, would probably be an extraordinary president, but the republican propaganda machine will eat her alive.
5. John Kerry - I have a lot of respect for Kerry, but if he couldn't beat an idiot like Bush, he probably won't beat what's sure to be a better candidate. He just too damned stiff.
6. Russ Fiengold - I like him a lot, but don't think he stands a chance in the general election.
7. Richardson, Biden and Bayh - These are all relatively conservative dems who have a great chance if they get the nomination. Just don't think they get past the primaries due to the renewed energy on the far left.

LyricalDrug said:

John McCain will be the Republican nominee; Hillary Clinton the Democratic one.

not so sure McCain can get past the Christianists in the primaries.

look out for Romney, especially now that Allen has shot himself in the foot and is clearly not the brightest bulb on Broadway.

LyricalDrug said:

John McCain will be the Republican nominee; Hillary Clinton the Democratic one.

I'm not sure about this. Both would be great nominees but both aren't givens. As Irvine mentioned McCain won't pass the theocracy wannabees, and like I've said before, this country is still a little backwards when it comes to sexual equality, I don't think a woman is electable yet...

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I'm not sure about this. Both would be great nominees but both aren't givens. As Irvine mentioned McCain won't pass the theocracy wannabees, and like I've said before, this country is still a little backwards when it comes to sexual equality, I don't think a woman is electable yet...

I agree, except that you can't overlook that she will have the Clinton campaign team running the show. (Carville, Stephanopolous, Mandy Grunwold, etc.) Those are the best political strategists of this generation. Karl Rove is good (as much as I can't stand him) but the Clinton team is phenomenal. They have a knack for figuring out how to win any election.

And that's what the Dems need. Everyone says that they need someone electable, who's Southern, etc. in order to win. Wrong, I say! They only need someone to run a smart campaign for once. Gore and Kerry ran dumb campaigns and lost as a result.

LyricalDrug said:

I agree, except that you can't overlook that she will have the Clinton campaign team running the show. (Carville, Stephanopolous, Mandy Grunwold, etc.) Those are the best political strategists of this generation. Karl Rove is good (as much as I can't stand him) but the Clinton team is phenomenal. They have a knack for figuring out how to win any election.

And that's what the Dems need. Everyone says that they need someone electable, who's Southern, etc. in order to win. Wrong, I say! They only need someone to run a smart campaign for once. Gore and Kerry ran dumb campaigns and lost as a result.

No matter how smart a campaign team is they can't change the racism, sexism, homophobic, etc that's in the hearts of the general public. They can play on it like Rove, but they can't change it, that takes something entirely different. And the sexism that even exists here in FYM tells me this isn't going to happen soon.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

No matter how smart a campaign team is they can't change the racism, sexism, homophobic, etc that's in the hearts of the general public. They can play on it like Rove, but they can't change it, that takes something entirely different. And the sexism that even exists here in FYM tells me this isn't going to happen soon.

I will personally bet you $1,000 that Hillary Clinton is our next president.

melon said:
The first female or minority president will be a Republican. This president will then work extra hard to prove that he/she too can be a stubborn white male that gets nothing done, blatantly lies to the American public, and can start an endless, undefinable war.

Melon

LOL, because we all know that women outwork men any day of the week. So of course this is a stretch to imagine a woman getting nothing done ;)

IA that Hillary isn't electable.

Ali

LyricalDrug said:

I will personally bet you $1,000 that Hillary Clinton is our next president.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want her for a president, I'm saying I don't see it happening...

But that being said, I'll take you up on that bet.:wink:

Cheney on Clinton in '08: Don't underestimate her

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- Vice President Dick Cheney said Tuesday he thought Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton could win the White House in 2008 and that a potential Democratic opponent, Sen. Barack Obama, was too inexperienced.

Clinton, a New York Democrat who is running for re-election, is considered a likely contender for the White House in 2008. Obama, serving his first term as a U.S. senator from Illinois, has been touted recently as a possible candidate, something he said he would consider.

"I think Hillary Clinton is a formidable candidate,"Cheney said in an interview with Fox News Channel's "Hannity & Colmes" due to air Tuesday evening.

"I think she could win. I hope she doesn't. I disagree with her on nearly all the issues, but nobody should underestimate her. She's a very serious candidate for president," he said.

Back
Top Bottom