So, who wants Hillary Clinton for president? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2006, 02:57 PM   #46
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:43 AM
i think everyone's talking about double-standards -- men are tough, women are bitches.

<------ note the avatar

Old 07-20-2006, 02:57 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by maycocksean

And what, might I add, does "bitchiness" have to do with anyone being a good or bad president? This is what I mean about "politics as entertainment."
I don't know. Perhaps he should answer. I only mention it b/c it was his first reason for not wanting HRC as president.

Old 07-20-2006, 03:05 PM   #48
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: So, who wants Hillary Clinton for president?

Quote:
Originally posted by Westport

Oh, you're right. You're not JUST spouting off rhetoric.

But if you re-read the thread, neither is shart1780.
You're new here, so I'm going to just let this go, but I do know his record and it's mostly rhetoric. If you catch me speaking in rhetoric and never backing up my views, call me out on it. Until then, back off!
Old 07-20-2006, 03:15 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
i think everyone's talking about double-standards -- men are tough, women are bitches.

<------ note the avatar
Sad but true. I really liked that movie by the way, and I like the new avatar!
Old 07-20-2006, 03:54 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Salome
I bet if the only reason why he didn't marry his father is his view on gay marriage though
LOL
Old 07-20-2006, 03:58 PM   #51
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by maycocksean

Sad but true. I really liked that movie by the way, and I like the new avatar!

the move was fun -- i Meryl in pretty much anything, watching her act is like watching Michael Jordan play basketball or watching Tiger Woods play golf or watching Michael Phelps swim or whatever ... it's simply a privilege to be there.

yeah, but, anyway, so successful women are bitches. what else?
Old 07-20-2006, 03:58 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways
^Well, so far he hasn't provided an example of bitchiness.
I said it was a stereotype, I didn't say she actually is. You really like to cherry pick what I say don't you? Do you only read half of my posts or what?

And it's pretty obvious that no one wants a president with a horrible attitude. If a candidate is viewed as mean by the public the chances of them getting voted in are very slim. That's why they go around kissing babies and all that jazz.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:22 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by shart1780

I said it was a stereotype, I didn't say she actually is. You really like to cherry pick what I say don't you? Do you only read half of my posts or what?

And it's pretty obvious that no one wants a president with a horrible attitude. If a candidate is viewed as mean by the public the chances of them getting voted in are very slim. That's why they go around kissing babies and all that jazz.
Way to backtrack from your original post. Unfortunately, I do read your posts. Most of them contradict each other.

So if the"bitchiness" is just a stereotype why bring it up as your first point? How about coming up with some actual examples of reasons you don't like her other than being "bitchy" and it being weird that Bill Clinton would move back into the White House.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:28 PM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I said she's known for having a bad attitude (which is true, even if she doesn't have one), that America had already formed that opinion of her. I then restated that, saying it's a stereotype that the American public holds about her, thus making it harder for her to get elected. My reason for bringing up that stereotype was to make a point that I don't thnk it's likely that she'll get elected.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:29 PM   #55
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by shart1780

I said it was a stereotype, I didn't say she actually is. You really like to cherry pick what I say don't you?
So you wouldn't want someone to be president because some have stereotyped her as bitchy, despite the fact that you can't produce one shred of evidence to support that stereotype?

And btw, here's your quote from your first post.

Quote:
First of all she's widely known as having a rather (excuse my French) bitchy attitude.
Seems like you were stating it as if it were fact.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:18 PM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:43 AM
I have never thought of Hillary as bitchy and could never understand why people started saying that. I remember reading somewhere--I can't remember where but I think it was one of the major newspapers--where the writer said something to the effect that though Hillary was one of the warmest people he'd ever met, the media had kept that side of her from us.

My issues with Hillary have nothing to do with any kind of female stereotype of successful women (just shoot me if that ever turned out to be the case). I hope she is not the Democratic candidate in 2008 because I simply have no idea what she stands for. Who is she and what has she done? I simply cannot answer the question. She spends so much time straddling issues and not taking a stand on anything that I have no idea what her beliefs are. For that reason, I don't think she's electable. Democrat voters are sick of their candidate doing more to appeal to Republicans than their own party. I like the idea of Hillary but she has not shown any leadership on anything whatsoever. Maybe that is how a woman with an eye on the Presidency has to be; maybe America isn't ready for a powerful woman who has the courage to take a stand on an issue that will make her unpopular with one side or the other. I've said I wouldn't vote for her but in reality I'd just have to wait and see what happens in the next 2 years.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:20 PM   #57
Refugee

Local Time: 01:43 AM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: So, who wants Hillary Clinton for president?

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Until then, back off!
Old 07-20-2006, 05:32 PM   #58
Refugee

This whole "McCain is now unelectable" stuff is hogwash. Rudy Guliani is about as exciting as a dried up pea - he doesn't stand a chance in 2008. I predict it might be McCain/Rice or (Oh My God this actually may be the end of the world) McCain/Brownback. McCain has been cozying up to the Right Wing Christians lately and Brownback would seal the evangelical vote for him - the only problem is what if it works and McCain dies in office - that would mean Sam Brownback would be President!!! And you thought you were in a theocracy now. Geez.
As far as the democrats go I'd like to see John Edwards and Joe Biden run together but that's one helluva longshot. I think Hillary Clinton is overrated and by the time 08 comes around won't be popular enough. As far as Obama goes...sounds too close to Osama for the average American.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:32 PM   #59
Refugee

Local Time: 01:43 AM
Hillary...That look....

Old 07-20-2006, 05:42 PM   #60
Refugee

It's always fun to watch the facials expressions of the opposition party during the SOTU. Hillary in particular. Classic.