So, who wants Hillary Clinton for president?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
do we have the same reaction to the facial expressions of the men of the opposition party that we do to the woman of the opposition party?

or is it that so many men look at powerful women and are reminded of their disapproving mommies?

Irvine511 said:

or is it that so many men look at powerful women and are reminded of their disapproving mommies?

No they're just reminded that they're not always in charge, not always superior beings-that sort of thing.

Last edited:
Re: Re: So, who wants Hillary Clinton for president?

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I find this hilarious. I don't think I've ever heard of a man running for president be discredited for widely being known as an asshole.

John McCain was widely considered an "asshole" during the 2000 primary elections. A big issue at the time was his supposed irritable temperament, which he has clearly moderated since then.

So is it completely out-of-bounds to refer to any female policitian, business person, etc. as a "bitch", no matter the circumstances, since its automatically sexist?

And for those who asked if anyone has ever "seen" Hillary acting like a bitch, since most of us have never met her in person, we can only rely on accounts from those who have had interaction with her. There have been numerous print accounts of Hillary's "bitchy" behaviour (Dick Morris, President Clinton's election advisor, wrote a largely unflattering book on her entitled "Rewriting History"). Now, I don't believe everything I read, but if only a portion of these accounts are true, she would qualify for this adjective.

For the registered independent like myself, praying for a viable third party:

There isn't a possible scenario that could make a Hillary Clinton- (pick a running mate) ticket any worse than anything else.
Period.

She's a controlling bitch (whatever you'd like to say) whatever her stereotype is, she has an attachement to success in American politics that hasn't been seen in a long time.

At this point, if the Dems can find a way (I doubt they will) to remind people of the Clinton Presidency as opposed to 8 years of Bush, they'll win handily.

America is no more or less conservative than it was in 1996, but competency goes a long fucking way. Give people a clear choice and they'll decide. That's what Rove did. He drew the lines so distintcly that either he's going to lose because people don't buy it, or he'll win because people bought it for lack of an alternative.
Throw in some special sauce, like hating on the homos, in pivotal states, these sceanrios can't be predicted very well. The scenarios of 2008 we don't know yet. Hillary is as good of a candidate right now as anyone, and someone saying otherwise hasn't learned anything about how this bullshit works. All they've got to do is figure out how they are going to sell her, make a new stereotype.

I don't think Hillary is electable. That's because I don't think Americans would elect a woman president. It's silly, look at all of the other countries that have elected a female leader. I don't know why America can't catch up with Turkey and the United Kingdom.

verte76 said:
I don't think Hillary is electable. That's because I don't think Americans would elect a woman president. It's silly, look at all of the other countries that have elected a female leader. I don't know why America can't catch up with Turkey and the United Kingdom.

Hillary is not the only potential female candidate for president. Lack of support for Hillary is not sexism.

I do get the impression Hillary Clinton is opportunistic and likes power. But so are most other politicians, regardless of gender, so I don't see why she should get singled out for it.

Bono's shades said:
I do get the impression Hillary Clinton is opportunistic and likes power. But so are most other politicians, regardless of gender, so I don't see why she should get singled out for it.

I agree. Politicians are in politics mostly because they like power. I hate to sound cynical, but that's what I believe.

give me some one i can vote for who will;

not spend most of the time on vacation

improve the standard of living for 85% of us who aren't rich

have an IQ over 85

work hard to further progress cures for disease

bring jobs back to America

not use soldiers as pawns

---------------------------------------
is there such a person?

The world watches, hoping just such a person is waiting in the wings, ready to take on the Herculean job that lies ahead of the next president.

she gave a great speech opposing torture yesterday.

she's got more balls than McCain, who's completely caved and given George Bush the power to interpret the Geneva Convention as he, The Decider, deems fit.

unconscionable. unspeakable.

watch the Hillary speech. she sounds downright presidential.

i'm warming up to her.

Hillary all the way.

Rice is just bushes lap dog and i wouldnt trust her with foreign policy if she was the last person on earth.

vaz02 said:
Hillary all the way.

Rice is just bushes lap dog and i wouldnt trust her with foreign policy if she was the last person on earth.

She has a Ph.D in political science, speaks fleunt Russian, and has varying degrees of fleuncy in German, French, and Spanish. She was an international affairs fellow of the Council of Foreign Relations. She was director, and then Senior Director, of Soviet and East European Affairs in the National Security Council during George Senior's presidency.

She's a highly intelligent and succesful person. Calling her a lap dog is offensive. And based on her credentials, she's more than qualified.

MaxFisher said:

She has a Ph.D in political science, speaks fleunt Russian, and has varying degrees of fleuncy in German, French, and Spanish. She was an international affairs fellow of the Council of Foreign Relations. She was director, and then Senior Director, of Soviet and East European Affairs in the National Security Council during George Senior's presidency.

She's a highly intelligent and succesful person. Calling her a lap dog is offensive. And based on her credentials, she's more than qualified.

If she is so qualified and is so highly regarded why hasnt she improved relations with other nations ? iraq ? afganistan ? france ? germany? Apart from her buddy relationship with ex forgien sec jack straw she aint done much else in that area as far as im aware.

Blair is bushes lap dog , blair is qualified. Not many would argue that.

MaxFisher said:

well, she's wildly more qualified than Bush, that's for sure, but she wields more academic credentials than diplomatic or political ones.

i agree that she has a lovely academic resume (and is an accomplished pianist), but what has she done as Secretary of State that makes you so enthusiastic about her candidacy?

and the Soviet Union doesn't exist anymore.

sounding more presidential all the time ...

[q]"Everything that we care about is at stake," she said. "On any issue you can mention" -from energy independence to global climate change and the cost of health care - "we won't deal with it if we don't have Democrats in charge."

"On every issue, there are big differences" between Democrats and Republicans, "but the biggest difference is the disregard for our constitutional democracy, the disdain for checks and balances, the denial of accountability that marks this president and vice president," Clinton said, "and that's really our entire system being put at risk."

"Maybe we can dig ourselves out of the hole on fiscal responsibility, energy and health care before it's too late, but we cannot afford to have our Constitution shredded and our country's commitment to freedom basically thrown out after centuries of setting the standard by which others are judged," she noted.

"There are a lot of people, not just Democrats, who know we have to change direction in our country," the senator added. "I have so many Republicans coming to my events" who "say things like 'I didn't sign up for all this,' and the 'this' would be a long list depending upon their particular concerns.

"They're coming, because frankly, they're patriots, and they don't want this administration to continue leading us down into a blind hole like they are, undermining our future, failing to invest to make us safer and stronger and richer and smarter, more competitive, fairer for the future," Clinton said.
[/q]

Who will be 1st to the white house:

A black male president

or

A white female president

My ideal president would be morgan freeman in deep impact.

I'd vote for her, but I don't think she can win. I don't think any Dem has a shot, honestly. The conservative voters in the south & midwest are costing the rest of the country dearly. Next time the south wants to secede, let them...and they can take their damn Dubya with them.

I'm from a red state and I don't want to be left high and dry. The feds are the only thing Alabama has going for it. We're not going to secede again, that's for sure. The first secession was treason anyway according to those in the know.

I'm from Tennessee where Gore lost in 2000 (& he's fucking from here--sad!) and my liberal friends freaking wanted to tar me for voting Green.

So, in 2004, I dutifully tossed my ticket for Scary Kerry, the anti-warrior who got possessed by pro-war propaganda for the duration of the campaign.

As long as Serious Dems remain prowar, I will not vote for them.

Hillary is about as prowar as a Demoncrap gets.

She scares the shit out of me, to be honest, as does Condy and all the Republiklans.

Hopefully Nader won't run and the Greens will grab someone with more moxy than Cobb had last time.

Anu

"I was one of the few members of my political party to support former President Bush in the Persian Gulf War resolution, and at the end of that war, for whatever reason, it was not finished in a way that removed Saddam Hussein from power. I know there are all kinds of circumstances and explanations. But the fact is that that's the situation that was left when I got there. And we have maintained the sanctions. Now I want to go further. I want to give robust support to the groups that are trying to overthrow Saddam Hussein"

--Al Gore, October 11, 2000, debating GW

Anu said:
"I was one of the few members of my political party to support former President Bush in the Persian Gulf War resolution, and at the end of that war, for whatever reason, it was not finished in a way that removed Saddam Hussein from power. I know there are all kinds of circumstances and explanations. But the fact is that that's the situation that was left when I got there. And we have maintained the sanctions. Now I want to go further. I want to give robust support to the groups that are trying to overthrow Saddam Hussein"

--Al Gore, October 11, 2000, debating GW

Who cares? Are you suggesting that Gore's support for militia fighters in Iraq to overthrow Hussein somehow means he would have decided to go to war w/out any evidence of WMDs? That's quite a stretch, my friend.

Back
Top Bottom