So, who wants Hillary Clinton for president?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Re: So, who wants Hillary Clinton for president?

shart1780 said:

Of course that can't REALLY be true, as I'm a very conservative republican, and she's a black woman
:der:

But why don't you produce some real debate about Hillary and not just this same rhetorical shit?

That would be very new for you...

Re: Re: Re: Re: So, who wants Hillary Clinton for president?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

But why don't you produce some real debate about Hillary and not just this same rhetorical shit?

That would be very new for you...

The pot calling the kettle black?.:eyebrow:

"No we've taken too many steps backwardss socially in the Bush years..."

I did give reasons as to why I think people may not want Hillary, they're pretty simple. The biggest reasin IMO is that she is viewed as the battleaxe type by many. Now I'm not saying that's how she is (I don't know), but that IS her stereotype, just like Bush's stereotype is being extremely stupid (which isn't true). I think stereotypes do effect alot.

That and there has already been so much Clinton drama over the years. Bush being voted into the White House is different, as he wasn't married to his father. When Bush Jr. was elected his dad and mom didn't move back into the White House, but if Hillary is voted in the same family will be going into the White House, which just seems really weird to me (and others I've asked about it).

And I agree that we've taken too many steps backwards socially since Bush has been in. I mean, racism has went up, discrimination against women among the general public has gone up etc. etc...

/sarcasm

Last edited:
I think she would get elected because most Americans long for the days of Bill Clinton. You can saw all you want about the Clinton's but you can't deny the fact that Americans do not like where the country is going. Obviously, it's not just the Republican partie's fault but it wouldn't make sense to leave them in charge of the White House. It is time to give the Democrats a try to fix the problems of the country. Hilary is the best person to do that!

shart1780 said:
That and there has already been so much Clinton drama over the years. Bush being voted into the White House is different, as he wasn't married to his father.
I bet if the only reason why he didn't marry his father is his view on gay marriage though

beside that this entire statement makes little sense to me

nbcrusader said:

I agree with respect to the ability to conduct non-polarized political discourse.

In 2000, were their any women or African Americans even considered as candidates?

Now, we have Condi, Clinton and even Obama considered as candidates.

absolutely.

this is the fruit of years of affirmative action, and an example of it at it's finest -- we're seeing smart, capable people ascending to the very top of public political life in greater numbers than ever before.

now i'll wait for someone to think i'm denigrating women and minorities by crediting their success to affirmative action when, in reality, this is what affirmative action should do -- it enables highly qualified indviduals (usually white women, the #1 benificiaries of affirmative action) access to powerful institutions that they have historically been denied.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Is Bush "bitchy"? I guess he's just the "decider"

not Bitchy, just bratty and prone to throwing tantrums like the spoiled little rich kid who's had everything handed to him on a silver platter he is and has always been.

anyway, i'd vote for HRC. i disagree with her hawkishness, but gender might force her to take such stances so that she's more Iron Lady than Earth Toned.

i can actually think of a Republican or two that i'd vote for before HRC, as well as several Demcrats, but if it were between her and your average Republican presidential candidate, i'd vote Hillary in a second.

however, i think it would usher in a new low in political dialogue as i can see the crustiest of the ass-slapping, go-make-us-coffee-sweetheart old white republican men being unable and unwilling to work with her.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: So, who wants Hillary Clinton for president?

Westport said:

The pot calling the kettle black?.:eyebrow:

"No we've taken too many steps backwardss socially in the Bush years..."

WTF? What are you talking about, I've given valid examples. I'm not just spouting off rhetoric.

But nice try.:|

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: So, who wants Hillary Clinton for president?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

WTF? What are you talking about, I've given valid examples. I'm not just spouting off rhetoric.

But nice try.:|

Oh, you're right. You're not JUST spouting off rhetoric. :eyebrow:

But if you re-read the thread, neither is shart1780.

WildHoneyAlways said:
^Well, so far he hasn't provided an example of bitchiness.

And what, might I add, does "bitchiness" have to do with anyone being a good or bad president? This is what I mean about "politics as entertainment."

i think everyone's talking about double-standards -- men are tough, women are bitches.

<------ note the avatar

Last edited:
maycocksean said:

And what, might I add, does "bitchiness" have to do with anyone being a good or bad president? This is what I mean about "politics as entertainment."

I don't know. Perhaps he should answer. I only mention it b/c it was his first reason for not wanting HRC as president.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: So, who wants Hillary Clinton for president?

Westport said:

Oh, you're right. You're not JUST spouting off rhetoric. :eyebrow:

But if you re-read the thread, neither is shart1780.

You're new here, so I'm going to just let this go, but I do know his record and it's mostly rhetoric. If you catch me speaking in rhetoric and never backing up my views, call me out on it. Until then, back off!

Irvine511 said:
i think everyone's talking about double-standards -- men are tough, women are bitches.

<------ note the avatar

Sad but true. I really liked that movie by the way, and I like the new avatar!

maycocksean said:

Sad but true. I really liked that movie by the way, and I like the new avatar!

the move was fun -- i :heart: Meryl in pretty much anything, watching her act is like watching Michael Jordan play basketball or watching Tiger Woods play golf or watching Michael Phelps swim or whatever ... it's simply a privilege to be there.

yeah, but, anyway, so successful women are bitches. what else?

WildHoneyAlways said:
^Well, so far he hasn't provided an example of bitchiness.

I said it was a stereotype, I didn't say she actually is. You really like to cherry pick what I say don't you? Do you only read half of my posts or what?

And it's pretty obvious that no one wants a president with a horrible attitude. If a candidate is viewed as mean by the public the chances of them getting voted in are very slim. That's why they go around kissing babies and all that jazz.

Last edited:
shart1780 said:

I said it was a stereotype, I didn't say she actually is. You really like to cherry pick what I say don't you? Do you only read half of my posts or what?

And it's pretty obvious that no one wants a president with a horrible attitude. If a candidate is viewed as mean by the public the chances of them getting voted in are very slim. That's why they go around kissing babies and all that jazz.

Way to backtrack from your original post. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, I do read your posts. Most of them contradict each other.

So if the"bitchiness" is just a stereotype why bring it up as your first point? How about coming up with some actual examples of reasons you don't like her other than being "bitchy" and it being weird that Bill Clinton would move back into the White House.

:|

I said she's known for having a bad attitude (which is true, even if she doesn't have one), that America had already formed that opinion of her. I then restated that, saying it's a stereotype that the American public holds about her, thus making it harder for her to get elected. My reason for bringing up that stereotype was to make a point that I don't thnk it's likely that she'll get elected.

shart1780 said:

I said it was a stereotype, I didn't say she actually is. You really like to cherry pick what I say don't you?

So you wouldn't want someone to be president because some have stereotyped her as bitchy, despite the fact that you can't produce one shred of evidence to support that stereotype?

And btw, here's your quote from your first post.

First of all she's widely known as having a rather (excuse my French) bitchy attitude.

Seems like you were stating it as if it were fact.

I have never thought of Hillary as bitchy and could never understand why people started saying that. I remember reading somewhere--I can't remember where but I think it was one of the major newspapers--where the writer said something to the effect that though Hillary was one of the warmest people he'd ever met, the media had kept that side of her from us. :shrug:

My issues with Hillary have nothing to do with any kind of female stereotype of successful women (just shoot me if that ever turned out to be the case). I hope she is not the Democratic candidate in 2008 because I simply have no idea what she stands for. Who is she and what has she done? I simply cannot answer the question. She spends so much time straddling issues and not taking a stand on anything that I have no idea what her beliefs are. For that reason, I don't think she's electable. Democrat voters are sick of their candidate doing more to appeal to Republicans than their own party. I like the idea of Hillary but she has not shown any leadership on anything whatsoever. Maybe that is how a woman with an eye on the Presidency has to be; maybe America isn't ready for a powerful woman who has the courage to take a stand on an issue that will make her unpopular with one side or the other. I've said I wouldn't vote for her but in reality I'd just have to wait and see what happens in the next 2 years.

This whole "McCain is now unelectable" stuff is hogwash. Rudy Guliani is about as exciting as a dried up pea - he doesn't stand a chance in 2008. I predict it might be McCain/Rice or (Oh My God this actually may be the end of the world) McCain/Brownback. McCain has been cozying up to the Right Wing Christians lately and Brownback would seal the evangelical vote for him - the only problem is what if it works and McCain dies in office - that would mean Sam Brownback would be President!!! And you thought you were in a theocracy now. Geez.
As far as the democrats go I'd like to see John Edwards and Joe Biden run together but that's one helluva longshot. I think Hillary Clinton is overrated and by the time 08 comes around won't be popular enough. As far as Obama goes...sounds too close to Osama for the average American.

Last edited:
It's always fun to watch the facials expressions of the opposition party during the SOTU. Hillary in particular. Classic.

Back
Top Bottom