So Who Fixes Your Elevator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wizard2c

Refugee
I just saw this new townhouse model.......well since it's all second floor they give you a flight of stairs and your own private elevator. Remember this is all part of the real estate bubble now going on in Florida.

Once the bubble breaks....who's going to fix the elevator?

:|

I could just see me now stuck in the elevator, I call the fire department for help, then they can't get in because I locked the entry door.

:ohmy:

Then on top of that I have my two dogs in the elevator with me, we're all stuck there and then they can;t hold their water any longer.

:huh:

Well if you do run into that problem, and the fire dept cannot make it, you can use your superhuman powers, break through the hatch on the top of the elevator and then scale the walls till you get to the floor above you to pry open the doors.

I have seen this done in many a movie successfully.:giggle:

Actually I believe it is done for older residents who may not be able to work the stairs as well as others

ava83 said:
Well if you do run into that problem, and the fire dept cannot make it, you can use your superhuman powers, break through the hatch on the top of the elevator and then scale the walls till you get to the floor above you to pry open the doors.

I have seen this done in many a movie successfully.:giggle:

Actually I believe it is done for older residents who may not be able to work the stairs as well as others

Wouldn't it be easier for them just to buy a unit on the ground floor?

Yes, I could scale the walls till I got to the roof, then once on the outside roof I could yell out for help. :scream:

wizard2c said:

The handy man can... the handy man can cause he fixes it for cash and makes the elevator run...

:reject:
(yes that is to the tune of "candy man")

You would think it would be easier to get a ranch, but tdoes logic really go hand-in hand with home buying?

And if they do not hear you for awhile you can at least survive on any rain puddles that may have accumelated (sp-sorry) up there.

I would jump into the nearest palm tree and slide down that...but you would still be locked out of your house no?

I know an older woman whose husband got an elevator built in their *house* because she was no longer able to climb the stairs.

Hey, you're still talking about the same people who dig a hole in the earth, fill it with water, and then charge a huge lot premium because you are now the proud owner of waterfront property where you can sail into the sunset your little toy boat.

Why not have an elevator to the stars.....it's the newest thing going here.

:wink:

wizard2c said:

We have had a property price bubble in Ireland for the past few years as well - you would not believe the prices that are being paid for ordinary homes and apartments. Friends of mine bid for a penthouse recently and they dropped out when it got too crazy - it eventually went for 100,000 over the initial guide price.

You know I agree its silly, people feel they need "more" and take the logic out of things that should be simple, we bought our townhome at one price and have it on the market right now...for about 70% more then we purchased...and someone will pay for it..silly..its not worth any more... and I do not have an elevator..just stairs.

Did you mean stars like up up in the sky?

"Did you mean stars like up up in the sky?"

I often wonder now where the elevator does go to......I could just see an elderly person being stuck in the elevator, not knowing what to do......unless of course the AARP magazine was handy which may have come in the mail which they were bringing in from the mailbox...then they would have something to read.

I need to go back there and research this elevator..it intriques me because they never did mention how you escape from it....especially with all the power outages we have here in Florida because we are the lightning capital of the world.

I bet Mr. B has his very own elevator too. :wink:

Elevators are becomming the new thing to have in homes. Sales of single family home elevators have skyrocketed in the last decade.

With an aging populous, this is a feature that is becoming more attractive than some traditional home improvement items.

nbcrusader said:
Elevators are becomming the new thing to have in homes. Sales of single family home elevators have skyrocketed in the last decade.

With an aging populous, this is a feature that is becoming more attractive than some traditional home improvement items.

That's interesting. The case of my mother's friend was the first time I'd ever heard of an elevator being built in a private home. I guess it won't be the last.

People who live on a second floor and think they need a lift are just plain lazy. Unless you're old, or frail, or have a physical impairment.
:huh:

Back
Top Bottom