SO what Foreign Policy Issue do you believe was overlooked last night?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jim Lehrer (the moderator) came up with the questions - I think.

Last edited:
AIDS, and they both glossed over the Sudan, neither gave concrete responses to what they would/should/could do...

I'm annoyed that the AIDS pandemic wasn't mentioned as it's a major crisis with horrifying consequences. It's about like leaving the Black Death out of a history of the later Middle Ages, something no decent medievalist would do. But, Jim Lehrer did the questions, not the candidates or their representatives. So blame him.

AIDS, third world debt.

I'm assuming...or at least hoping...that the environment makes it into one of the domestic debates.

Good point pax, it's really ridiculous that Pakistan in particular wasn't mentioned. I think that country scares me more than anyplace else. If they knocked off the dictator next week the Deobandi Muslims would start to make life miserable for Pakistanis fast. They're the ones who started the whole Taliban tradition.

In regard to Pax and Verte (I will make the bleeding obvious point that has allready been made) And they have the nucelar weapons ready to go. If Pakistan were to fall we would see a doomsday scenario eminating from the subcontinent.

AIDS wasn't overlooked - it was ignored.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom