so ... Mitt Romney. - Page 42 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-07-2008, 12:44 AM   #616
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,486
Local Time: 04:20 PM
it is puzzling what's going to happen.

Romney ought to win here -- it's his next door state, and the boston suburbs now extend into new hampshire.

McCain ought to win here -- he beat Bush here in 2000.

what's going to happen?
__________________

__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 01-07-2008, 01:11 AM   #617
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


Don't most intelligent thinking people?

I had a discussion about Fox News with a Republican friend of mine last night and he said, "Fox is fair and balanced... to the right". I thought that was very humble of him, for he isn't a very humble guy when it comes to politics.

Well it hard NOT to be to the "right" of CNN, CBS or MSNBC isn't it? Yet, somehow ALL the Republican candidates manage to summon up the courage to appear on those networks to debate or answer questions on Sunday morning shows.
__________________

__________________
INDY500 is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 01:16 AM   #618
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,676
Local Time: 03:20 PM
I find it hilarious when folks think CNN or MSNBC are liberal(never watch CBS), it's usually the same folks who argue that higher education is too liberal.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 01-07-2008, 01:20 AM   #619
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London/Sydney
Posts: 6,608
Local Time: 10:20 PM
If the Democrat wins in November, I'm going to take the next day off work if necessary - I'm watching Fox all day. Should be champagne comedy.
__________________
Earnie Shavers is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 01:21 AM   #620
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
maycocksean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Most Important State in the Union
Posts: 4,882
Local Time: 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by INDY500



Well it hard NOT to be to the "right" of CNN, CBS or MSNBC isn't it? Yet, somehow ALL the Republican candidates manage to summon up the courage to appear on those networks to debate or answer questions on Sunday morning shows.
Well, rightly or wrongly, they kind of have to as those networks represent the "mainstream media." Unfortunately with the "libruls" holding the monopoly on most media outlets, if you want to speak to the whole nation as opposed to just a portion of it you're going to have appear on the major networks. There is less of a cost to skipping Fox then to skipping all the others.

And really, who is going to treat you with more basic courtesy and respect and who is more likely to shout you down--Sean Hannity or Anderson Cooper? I'm always amazed when I occasionally hear people who aren't in lockstep with say Rush Limbaugh calling into his radio program. Of course they get shouted down and mocked. . .and I'm always thinking: "What are these callers thinking. They should know they're not going to get a chance to speak. They know they're not going to be heard. Why bother calling in at all?" That's the same way I'd feel about appearing on a Fox program. Being disagreed with or challenged is one thing, being disrespected is another and I wouldn't bother with appearing on a program where the latter was likely to happen.
__________________
maycocksean is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 01:24 AM   #621
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,676
Local Time: 03:20 PM
Well I also think we need to distinguish between the editorials and the news. Yes the editorials on CNN or MSNBC may lean liberal, but that is not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking strictly the news segments. And INDY you've confused those two before, so maybe that's what you are talking about.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 01-07-2008, 06:31 AM   #622
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 04:20 PM
Yes, exactly. The big issue I have with Fox is that they spin the news. All the time. I think CNN does it sparingly, and MSNBC and CBS almost never.

In summary, Fox is more conservative than all the "liberal" networks are liberal, combined.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 08:32 AM   #623
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,984
Local Time: 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

Romney ought to win here -- it's his next door state, and the boston suburbs now extend into new hampshire.
That's more of a reason he wouldn't win
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 11:10 AM   #624
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,251
Local Time: 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by maycocksean


And really, who is going to treat you with more basic courtesy and respect and who is more likely to shout you down--Sean Hannity or Anderson Cooper?
That's a terrible comparison. They host different types of shows. Cooper is hard news and Hannity is an opinion show. That's just like saying "Who's more likely to shout you down- Shepard Smith or Keith Olbermann?" Oh wait, I guess Olbermann never does shout anyone down because I have NEVER seen him have a guest who disagrees with him. That's really fair. But he's not politically biased....


Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
In summary, Fox is more conservative than all the "liberal" networks are liberal, combined.

Thanks for the laugh, philly.
__________________
2861U2 is online now  
Old 01-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #625
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,486
Local Time: 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by INDY500



Well it hard NOT to be to the "right" of CNN, CBS or MSNBC isn't it? Yet, somehow ALL the Republican candidates manage to summon up the courage to appear on those networks to debate or answer questions on Sunday morning shows.


are you kidding me?

can we please, please, please stop with the whole "blame the MSM"?

Fox has a specific, written, well-documented agenda shaped by Murdoch and especially Roger Ailes. there is no liberal media. Bill Kirstol admitted this years ago. he said it was the equivalent of "working the refs" in a basketball game.

every last one of those stations you mentioned has no specific ideological agenda -- as compared to Fox, which does -- they are merely there to report on stories that will hopefully result in ratings that are of interest to the companies that already spend money to advertise on such stations. it's these companies and demographics that drive the news, not the pushing of an agenda. in fact, if anything, it's a pro-corporate, sell-sell-sell agenda that drives the news cycle.

which is why i recommend you and everyone else gets their news from PBS and NPR. with no ratings to worry about, journalists can focus on doing their job, not on scooping one another.
__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 01-07-2008, 11:55 AM   #626
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tempe, Az USA
Posts: 12,856
Local Time: 02:20 PM
yeah, how bout when tim russert left script and tripped up hillary re driver's lic in ny?


all the ppl at msn high fived him

yeah
riiight.

dbs
__________________
diamond is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 02:34 PM   #627
Refugee
 
Infinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,188
Local Time: 02:20 PM
Are we really arguing whether or not FOX is biased. We all know it is a biased, piece of shit network. And that Rupert Murdoch uses it to create more of a support for the Iraq War. Who can explain why Ron Paul was excluded from the debate yesterday? That is just ridiculous. Rupert Murdoch should go to Iraq, be shot, and die.
__________________
Infinity is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 02:57 PM   #628
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,237
Local Time: 03:20 PM
How mature of you.
__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 03:22 PM   #629
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511




are you kidding me?

can we please, please, please stop with the whole "blame the MSM"?

Fox has a specific, written, well-documented agenda shaped by Murdoch and especially Roger Ailes. there is no liberal media. Bill Kirstol admitted this years ago. he said it was the equivalent of "working the refs" in a basketball game.

every last one of those stations you mentioned has no specific ideological agenda -- as compared to Fox, which does -- they are merely there to report on stories that will hopefully result in ratings that are of interest to the companies that already spend money to advertise on such stations. it's these companies and demographics that drive the news, not the pushing of an agenda. in fact, if anything, it's a pro-corporate, sell-sell-sell agenda that drives the news cycle.

which is why i recommend you and everyone else gets their news from PBS and NPR. with no ratings to worry about, journalists can focus on doing their job, not on scooping one another.
Or you can read Bernie Goldberg's books, or the myriad of polls that ask journalists to define themselves. I used to watch MSNBC for my political news but since the Iraq war they have made a noticeable and intentional move to be the "antiFox." During the 2004 Swiftboat "scandal" I saw Lawrence O'Donnell literally go insane on TV (I'm sure you can youtube it.) Chris Mathews called the White house "criminal" days before he moderated a Republican debate in 2007, now, that's not biased to you because you agree with that. Even Tucker Carlson's show is guest-hosted half the time by David "I am convinced that Karl Rove will, in fact, be indicted" Shuster, a creep so bigoted towards evangelical Christians that he recently said of them:
"We'll go to a revival and then go to Guantanamo Bay and torture some people just for fun."

MSNBC was in negotiations to hire Rosie O'donald for cryingoutload. No liberal media equivalent...please, and I haven't even mentioned Keef, who if you noticed, co-anchored MSNBC's election night coverage in Iowa. I thought Keef was an "opinion guy" not a "hardnews" guy?

But still, at the least, shouldn't Barack come on FOXNews Sunday and scold Chris Wallace like Bill Clinton did. Wouldn't that only help him in the eyes of Democrats and moderates?
__________________
INDY500 is offline  
Old 01-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #630
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Infinitum98
Are we really arguing whether or not FOX is biased. We all know it is a biased, piece of shit network. And that Rupert Murdoch uses it to create more of a support for the Iraq War. Who can explain why Ron Paul was excluded from the debate yesterday? That is just ridiculous. Rupert Murdoch should go to Iraq, be shot, and die.
reminds me of this:
"I love so many critics of the press in Iraq, you know, can criticize the press, can criticize Lara Logan, and Richard Engel, and others who actually have their boots on the ground there. But I would like to see some of them like Bill Kristol go there, without a bodyguard, walk down the street. If he does so, I will make him this promise: I will attend his funeral."

--Neal Gabler on FoxNews Watch Oct 2007
__________________

__________________
INDY500 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com