so ... Mitt Romney.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zoocoustic said:

And someone . . . will , have inherited a mess, and will have a big job ahead of him/her in fixing the country.

Why does this sound so familiar?

Oh yeah, because that's what's happening THIS year.

Zoocoustic said:
Get busy saving for four years of insane taxes! Get ready for a whole new day of massive recession!

Yeah, remember that horrible recession from 1993 thru 1998?

Zoocoustic said:
^I'm going to agree with diamond...McCain will win the GOP nod, lose the election. Then the country goes to hell. And someone from the GOP (possibly Romney, but I'm not sure) will will in 2012, have inherited a mess, and will have a big job ahead of him/her in fixing the country.

Get busy saving for four years of insane taxes! Get ready for a whole new day of massive recession! The liberals are coming back into power!!!

Are you serious?

Actually Rush Limbaugh gave the same analysis a day or two ago.:wink: Go figure. I'm not saying there's necessarily a connection. People are perfectly capable of performing independent analyses. I just find the timing always interesting.

Last edited:
Zoocoustic said:

Get busy saving for four years of insane taxes! Get ready for a whole new day of massive recession! The liberals are coming back into power!!!

I don't know about recession - it may come either way, but tax hikes are coming unless the neo-cons are ejected from our party. Just think how much easier victory would be for the Republicans this year if that terrorist in the White House didn't murder all those Iraqis and our own soldiers, and if 3/4 of the Republican candidates didn't support that piece of shit.

Infinitum98 said:

if that terrorist in the White House didn't murder all those Iraqis and our own soldiers,

Come on Infinitum, can we please refrain from nonsense like that? It just makes you look stupid.

deep said:

I knew someone would call me out on that.

What I mean, is that he really won't have to change his game that much, he'll just have to keep doing what he's doing(whereas most have to completely change when they hit that stage), but it will still be tight.

2861U2 said:

Come on Infinitum, can we please refrain from nonsense like that? It just makes you look stupid.

I think the only nonsense is backing the war...now that makes YOU look stupid, i'm sure many on this forum would agree.

Infinitum98 said:

I think the only nonsense is backing the war...now that makes YOU look stupid, i'm sure many on this forum would agree.

Ron Paul is going to dominate on Super Tuesday, right?

Infinitum98 said:

He started it. :wink:

I'm pretty sure calling George Bush a terrorist was what started it.

As much as I think he's a terrible president, he's not a terrorist.

phillyfan26 said:

I'm pretty sure calling George Bush a terrorist was what started it.

As much as I think he's a terrible president, he's not a terrorist.

I called him a terrorist because he went into Iraq trying to spread his own agenda (Oil, Political Gain) with war and bombs, similar to Osama bin Laden attacking us on 9/11 to spread his own agenda (to push the U.S. out of the Middle East).

Now officialy Bush wouldn't be classified as a terrorist. But in my mind he always will be after he used our soldiers to attack a country in a war full of lies.

(CNN) -- Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney will suspend his bid for the Republican presidential nomination, GOP sources tell CNN.

Generally, when a presidential candidate "suspends" a campaign, he may keep any delegates he has won up to that point. If the candidate "drops out," he may only keep district-level delegates he had won and he would forfeit any statewide delegates won.

coemgen said:
(CNN) -- Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney will suspend his bid for the Republican presidential nomination, GOP sources tell CNN.

Generally, when a presidential candidate "suspends" a campaign, he may keep any delegates he has won up to that point. If the candidate "drops out," he may only keep district-level delegates he had won and he would forfeit any statewide delegates won.

I just went to CNN.com so I could read the article, and it still doesn't sound good to me. I mean, it doesn't sound good for him. I couldn't be more thrilled.:wink: He doesn't have anywhere near the amount of delegates it would take to get the nomination, and it doesn't seem likely he'll rack up too many more in the coming primaries. Mr. Goodhair should just quit while he's behind...way behind.

Romney's speech is really good. He's a darn good speaker, with a lot of passion in what he believes in. I have a lot of respect for him, and for him getting out now. We havent seen the last of him. He'll either get a position in a McCain administration or he'll run for president again sometime.

2861U2 said:
Romney's speech is really good. He's a darn good speaker, with a lot of passion in what he believes in. I have a lot of respect for him, and for him getting out now. We havent seen the last of him. He'll either get a position in a McCain administration or he'll run for president again sometime.

I think Mitt is eyeing 2012, because he doesn't believe the Republicans will win this year. He's a slick businessman, it's exactly his MO.

Back
Top Bottom