so...Mike Huckabee. - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2007, 11:45 PM   #271
She's the One

Local Time: 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon

Abortion prevents parenthood. They're definitely linked.
But your health will never be directly affected by the laws you support in this case.

Old 12-19-2007, 11:49 PM   #272
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:38 AM
Quote:

No. What are you implying?
I wasn't implying anything. I was merely curious, because I tend to find it odd when men put this issue at the top of their issues list.

Old 12-19-2007, 11:50 PM   #273
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Yeah, I get what she's/you're saying. I just wish she would have told me that straight on instead of attempting to make me look foolish by asking my gender.

Really, cut back on the sarcasm, people. This isn't a pissing match, it's supposed to be a discussion about Mike Huckabee's political positions.
Maybe you should cut back on making silly assumptions?
Old 12-19-2007, 11:52 PM   #274
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
because I tend to find it odd when men put this issue at the top of their issues list.
So do I, especially young men.

You know, most of the leaders of anti-choice organizations are men. Is it a control thing?
Old 12-19-2007, 11:54 PM   #275
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

So do I, especially young men.

You know, most of the leaders of anti-choice organizations are men. Is it a control thing?
Another thing I find interesting is that generally the most outspoken ones are young, white men. Why is that? Proportionally speaking, minority men are not up in arms over this issue in comparable numbers.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:24 AM   #276
The Male

Dayum. A lot of picking apart and twisting words going on here.

Quote:
Like I said. A collection of cells has more rights than I do, according to you.
The woman always has top priority. I never said she didn't. Abortion can be a valuable process, which is why I've never said I wanted it outlawed. However, I believe a future child should have a shot at life if their birth is simply an inconvenience. Don't use sarcasm and exaggeration in order to weaken my point.

Quote:
It is. One you both share.
I wasn't referring to this conversation in particular. I was talking about many of the other pages.

Quote:
But your health will never be directly affected by the laws you support in this case.
Already answered that.

Quote:
I wasn't implying anything. I was merely curious, because I tend to find it odd when men put this issue at the top of their issues list.
What do you care if I put it high on my issues list? Hell, many consider it murder. Murder is something many take seriously. You can put 2 and 2 together. It's really quite obvious why so many men care.

Quote:
Maybe you should cut back on making silly assumptions?
Assuming that someone who's been on this website for 6 years already knows my gender and is using a rhetorical question is hardly a "silly" assumption.

Now.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:25 AM   #277
ONE
love, blood, life

So are women who disagree with you somehow misguided?

Just curious. How do they fit into your world view?

Are women only allowed to voice an honest opinion about this?

Your answer to this question intrigues me. Maybe it will save some poor poster some time by posting.

By the way, if only women get to weigh in on this issue, I think only people who earn over 100, 000 should be allowed to weigh in on taxes. It is only logical.

Only people who serve in the service should be allowed to vote on war.

What exactly are the qualifications for weighing in on this issue?

Clearly the religious are out, because they are biased.

Babies, no, they should be out because they are biased.....

I should stop drinking scotch and posting......

Only Bar owners and Beer distributors should be able to vote on hours of operation

Only smokers should be able to vote on smoking.....

Or how about, people can voice an opinion without having to identify themselves as being gay, straight, religious, conservative, female, male, ect.....and feel like they are welcome in this place.

Free your mind my ass.....That is not what this place is about.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:27 AM   #278
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Assuming that someone who's been on this website for 6 years already knows my gender and is using a rhetorical question is hardly a "silly" assumption.
Honestly, I haven't really noticed you at all on this site and I hardly venture off a couple of boards. I had no idea what gender you are, I have no idea where you live, how old you are, or anything. I've never had any kind of conversation with you, PM or anything else personal I can recall. Believe it or not, I have a busy life and don't make it a habit to make a note of everyone's details around here.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:30 AM   #279
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

Honestly, I haven't really noticed you at all on this site and I hardly venture off a couple of boards. I had no idea what gender you are, I have no idea where you live, how old you are, or anything. I've never had any kind of conversation with you, PM or anything else personal I can recall. Believe it or not, I have a busy life and don't make it a habit to make a note of everyone's details around here.
Fair enough. I'm sorry if I offended you in any way.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:31 AM   #280
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
So are women who disagree with you somehow misguided?

Just curious. How do they fit into your world view?

Are women only allowed to voice an honest opinion about this?
Who are you talking to?

If it's me, I never insinuated any of the things you are talking about in your circular ways. I really just find it curious when a man makes a priority of this issue - maybe because in my personal life I've never known men who have cared that much about this area. Certainly my brother and father are as pro-choice as can be and I've never dated a man who wasn't very explicitly pro-choice.

If you're talking to martha, then disregard this post.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:36 AM   #281
The Male

It's a fair enough question, really. I just think many men take moral offense to it, which is what causes them to get so bent out of shape over it.

Me, I just get bent out of shape when I'm being pegged as a "let the baby live, and if the mother dies, she dies" type, when that's not what I am at all.

Now.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:37 AM   #282
ONE
love, blood, life

I am just talking....I am quite honestly drunk off my ass....having put down a few glasses of scotch in the last hour. If you feel like responding fine....

I just do not see why someone's sex matters in a forum called Free Your Mind.....

Maybe the forum should be renamed....

To fuck you if your opinion does not match mine?

Personally I like Free Your Mind....

Mike Huckabee, the person this thread is allegedly about, does not match up to the picture I have for the next president....

But I enjoy reading and learning about his stance on the issues....I do not feel it necessary to poll if someone is male, female, gay lesbian ect to get their opinion.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:38 AM   #283
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
It's a fair enough question, really. I just think many men take moral offense to it, which is what causes them to get so bent out of shape over it.

Me, I just get bent out of shape when I'm being pegged as a "let the baby live, and if the mother dies, she dies" type, when that's not what I am at all.
But there cannot be any middle ground. You will be labeled as a fence sitter.

It is black or white in FYM with no shades of grey.....
Old 12-20-2007, 12:40 AM   #284
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:38 AM
Quote:

Abortion prevents parenthood. They're definitely linked.
All you have to do is make sure to only knock up an anti-abortion chick and you're all good for all the parenthood you could possibly want.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:41 AM   #285
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

But I enjoy reading and learning about his stance on the issues....I do not feel it necessary to poll if someone is male, female, gay lesbian ect to get their opinion.
Well, good for you. I absolutely feel that on this topic, viewpoints do differ from the point of gender. Surely there are women at FYM who have had an abortion - I think their feelings will be different than mine as a woman who hasn't had one and different than a man's who will never have one.

I wasn't polling him in order to evaluate his opinion, I was merely curious. There are a number of times you've asked questions that I didn't think are necessary to extract a person's opinion - I just don't generally see what the value of pointing such a thing out would be. To each his own.