so...Hillary Clinton...or... Billary Clinton??? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2008, 09:38 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 07:43 PM
so...Hillary Clinton...or... Billary Clinton???

I've tried to bring this up once before in a thread but was shut down and placed (lost) in the general campaign/debate section. According to the Interference rules and I quote "Basically, the only campaign related threads we have going besides that one are threads about specific states' primaries, or threads for general discussion (both positive and negative) OF ONE PARTICULAR CANDIDATE"

So here it goes again...
What do you all think of what is becoming clear as the Two Headed Beast called Billary. Do you feel that Hillary Clinton and her campaign are benefitting by Bill's outbursts? Will it backfire??
What's your opinion on what I see as a two headed beast, hungry for power and fueled by entitlement. The "first black president" getting in the way of the First Black President. I think it sucks and have no respect left for either Hillary or Bill.
What's your take on this????

Old 01-24-2008, 09:44 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:43 PM
Re: so...Hillary Clinton...or... Billary Clinton???

Quote:
Originally posted by Harry Vest

Do you feel that Hillary Clinton and her campaign are benefitting by Bill's outbursts?
I think so. I think they know what they're doing. I don't think the party is benefitting, though

Quote:
Will it backfire??
Not in the primary, but probably in the general. Hillary is already very unliked, this can only add to her/their unpopularity.

Quote:
What's your opinion on what I see as a two headed beast, hungry for power and fueled by entitlement.
Doesn't surprise me. They'll probably do whatever it takes to get elected. They have no shame.

Quote:
I think it sucks and have no respect left for either Hillary or Bill.
Join the club.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:58 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:43 PM

Quote:
I've tried to bring this up once before in a thread but was shut down and placed (lost) in the general campaign/debate section. According to the Interference rules and I quote "Basically, the only campaign related threads we have going besides that one are threads about specific states' primaries, or threads for general discussion (both positive and negative) OF ONE PARTICULAR CANDIDATE"

So here it goes again...
What do you all think of what is becoming clear as the Two Headed Beast called Billary. Do you feel that Hillary Clinton and her campaign are benefitting by Bill's outbursts? Will it backfire??
What's your opinion on what I see as a two headed beast, hungry for power and fueled by entitlement. The "first black president" getting in the way of the First Black President. I think it sucks and have no respect left for either Hillary or Bill.

I think "in your mind" your candidate is washed up and done.

I think you are right.

Obama will win less primaries and caucuses than Jesse Jackson did in 1988.
btw, Jackson was a better candidate and more deserving

If a candidate can't battle through a primary and get the nomination without whining

than he is not ready for prime time.

One might take a lesson from McCain, a legitimate politician and viable candidate.

The "dirty" politics done to him in 2000 by his own party are about 4-5 times worse than anything that has happened to Obama

McCain learned from 2000, did not whine, (too much) and is respected and running a smarter and more successful campaign 8 years later.

I guess Obama is too old to wait and has so much experience that, now is his only chance.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:03 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:43 PM
Re: Re: so...Hillary Clinton...or... Billary Clinton???

Quote:
Originally posted by deep

I think "in your mind" your candidate is washed up and done.

I think you are right.

Obama will win less primaries and caucuses than Jesse Jackson did in 1988.
btw, Jackson was a better candidate and more deserving

If a candidate can't battle through a primary and get the nomination without whining

One might take a lesson from McCain, a legitimate politician and viable candidate.

The "dirty" politics done to him in 2000 by his own party are about 4-5 times worse than anything that has happened to Obama

McCain learned from 2000, did not whine, (too much) and is respected and running a smarter and more successful campaign 8 years later.

I guess Obama is too old to wait and has so much experience that, now is his only chance.

Well, I would celebrate if I were you. You just won a first class trip to a country divided in two for another four years.

How did Einstein define 'insanity' again?
Old 01-24-2008, 10:03 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
So here it goes again...
That your questions are clearly quite loaded.

I quite hesitantly say that Obama supporters are now becoming as rabid and hysterical as Ron Paul supporters. No candidate is going to be our Savior.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:05 PM   #6
Refugee

Local Time: 07:43 PM
O.K. but here's the difference...it was Bush and co. that attacked McCain - no real surprise there...and he lost!!! This time it's Billary and they'll give McCain the Whitehouse because of it.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:07 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Here's a loaded question, do you use a crayon to write the phrase "Billary" or are you forced to use finger paints?
Old 01-24-2008, 10:08 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Re: Re: Re: so...Hillary Clinton...or... Billary Clinton???

Quote:
Originally posted by Dalton

You just won a first class trip to a country divided in two for another four years.

You really think Obama is so magical that he can make the country less divided? It's not like he's going to get 100% of the popular vote and everyone will just be ecstatic over him. Sorry pal, the country's going to be very divided regardless of who wins.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:09 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
O.K. but here's the difference...it was Bush and co. that attacked McCain -

yes

that is what happens in primaries

candidates compete and fight within their own group
Old 01-24-2008, 10:11 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
This time it's Billary and they'll give McCain the Whitehouse because of it.

Just like Bush and Co attacks on McCain gave Gore the Whitehouse
Old 01-24-2008, 10:18 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Re: Re: Re: Re: so...Hillary Clinton...or... Billary Clinton???

Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2

You really think Obama is so magical that he can make the country less divided? It's not like he's going to get 100% of the popular vote and everyone will just be ecstatic over him. Sorry pal, the country's going to be very divided regardless of who wins.
Ah cynicism. I love it cause it keeps me warm in the winter. Do I think that Obama will heal all the partisan wounds in our country? Absolutely not. Do I believe that he has a better shot to do so than Hillary? Absolutely.

I feel bad for Hillary. I think she is a smart, capable candidate and one hell of a politician. In fact, she I believe she (behind Romney - who feel has too many douche like qualities) is the most qualified prospect. However, we know this thing for sure, if she is elected one half of the country will dig in their heels an fight her every step of the way. Is it right? No. Is it sensible? No. Is it fact? Yes.

At this point, Obama, Edwards, McCain, or Romney do not elicit those sort of strong emotions in the general public. I'm willing to trade a little bit in qualification for a president who will at least have a fresh slate to start from. I also believe that Obama, Edwards, and McCain are smart enough to decentralize presidential powers to a level they were at pre-W days. So, the presidency becomes more about the ability to bring a large part of the country together. Pal.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:20 PM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by melon
I quite hesitantly say that Obama supporters are now becoming as rabid and hysterical as Ron Paul supporters. No candidate is going to be our Savior.
Unfair, and insulting on both counts. To be honest, taking into account everything you've been saying on here with regard to the Presidential election, I'm starting to wonder what precisely you have to offer in terms of guidance and/or your own opinions, because I've seen you slam the choices of others, but I haven't seen you put forward your own choice.

Has it ever occured to you that many people have done their research on Obama and Paul and have rationally come to the conclusion that Obama or Paul is the candidate for them (just as you (hopefully) have done your research and concluded something different?)

Melon, with all due respect to you, maybe instead of posting threads like 'Why should I care about Iraq?' and 'Why should I care about Obama?', YOU should do YOUR own research and tell us what candidate YOU prefer (and then we can all proceed with ridiculing your choice, just as you've ridiculed the choices of others.)
Old 01-24-2008, 10:26 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: so...Hillary Clinton...or... Billary Clinton???

Quote:
Originally posted by Dalton

Ah cynicism. I love it cause it keeps me warm in the winter. Do I think that Obama will heal all the partisan wounds in our country? Absolutely not. Do I believe that he has a better shot to do so than Hillary? Absolutely.

I live in CA
and the Democrat nominee will win our 55 electoral votes (period)

Dalton

Harvey

what states do you live in

is your vote even relevant?

my vote means nothing in CA.

Most likely all this pissin' and moanin' we are going on about - is a waste

most likely this election will turn on one, maybe two, no more than three states.

So please, list a state or two that Obama takes that Hillary loses? OK?
Old 01-24-2008, 10:28 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

:O

I live in Michigan. So no, my vote meant (literally) meant nothing. But are you really arguing the relative value of arguing on the internet when you have so many posts in FYM?

Seriously, I once had to wash out a kettle's mouth because it called a pot 'black'.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:30 PM   #15
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by deep

because we've had a former president beat up on a primary candidate in each and every single news cycle since christmas before.

the Clintons are only interested in dynasty, in getting Bill another 8 years, and they don't care who they have to destroy, or what party they have to destroy, in order to get it.

and the difference is that the general election won't be nearly as swayed by the Clintons as the democratic primary voters.

look forward to more Republican judicial appointments.