so...Hillary Clinton...or... Billary Clinton??? - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-25-2008, 07:05 PM   #91
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,234
Local Time: 08:13 AM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: so...Hillary Clinton...or... Billary Clinton?

Quote:
Originally posted by deep
"He said several times yesterday that maybe he got a little bit carried away," Hillary Clinton said on CBS' "Early Show."
I would feel more comfortable that they were actually concerned about going too far if Hillary said "I feel he went too far" instead of this he thinks maybe he got a little bit carried away political half-talk.
__________________

__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 01-26-2008, 01:05 PM   #92
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 06:13 AM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: so...Hillary Clinton...or... Billary Clin

Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen


I would feel more comfortable that they were actually concerned about going too far if Hillary said "I feel he went too far" instead of this he thinks maybe he got a little bit carried away political half-talk.
You did write more comfortable

At least you found a level of comfort.
__________________

__________________
deep is offline  
Old 01-28-2008, 05:08 PM   #93
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,451
Local Time: 08:13 AM
Now with Obama's huge blowout in South Carolina, the public disgust at the Clinton's as well as the Kennedy clan's endorsement of Obama...unless members of the Democratic party in the United States are braindead...we're finally rid of Billary. Besides, if you really want a democrat in the Whitehouse you have to pick Obama...Too many people dislike Hillary for her to have a fighting chance at becoming President.
__________________
Harry Vest is offline  
Old 01-28-2008, 06:29 PM   #94
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 08:13 AM
Quote:
the public disgust at the Clinton's
I marvel that it's taken Democrats until now to understand what Republicans have known since 1992.

But of coarse one expects "the party of ideas" to arrive at the correct appraisal first.
__________________
INDY500 is offline  
Old 01-28-2008, 06:32 PM   #95
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,474
Local Time: 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by INDY500


I marvel that it's taken Democrats until now to understand what Republicans have known since 1992.

Of coarse one expects "the party of ideas" to arrive at the correct appraisal first.


and wait until Hillary wins the nomination (maybe). and goes after the Republcian nominee like this.

it will be positively Rovian. you might even say she has it in her to Swift Boat the GOP.
__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 01-28-2008, 06:53 PM   #96
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London/Sydney
Posts: 6,608
Local Time: 03:13 PM
Party of ideas?
__________________
Earnie Shavers is offline  
Old 01-28-2008, 06:57 PM   #97
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 2,451
Local Time: 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511




and wait until Hillary wins the nomination (maybe). and goes after the Republcian nominee like this.

it will be positively Rovian. you might even say she has it in her to Swift Boat the GOP.
You're giving Hillary Clinton WAY TOO MUCH CREDIT!!!

If Hillary get's the nomination it spells doomsday for the Democrats (and so it should)...if Democrats are stupid enough and can't see the potential momentum in an Obama candidacy then they deserve what they'll get...FOUR MORE YEARS of Republicans running the country.
__________________
Harry Vest is offline  
Old 01-28-2008, 07:03 PM   #98
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 06:13 AM
Quote:
and wait until Obama wins the nomination (maybe). and the GOP goes after him

he will be positively taken apart -
you will say the Clintons and press did not work him over near enough, to prepare him
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 01-28-2008, 07:15 PM   #99
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 06:13 AM
the campaigning and primaries

should be like the entire season and play offs
before the Super Bowl

and the Super Bowl players should be tested and proven to be the most capable of competing with the best offense and defense to win


if your season consist of besting Alan Keyes in a Senate race,


and the playoffs consist of other teams and players and fans wanting and demanding that other teams be taken out of the competition to smooth the way for your guy to have a chance to play in the Super Bowl

well, don't be surprised if the other team uses all the tactics and plays that have won all the other Super Bowls




don't get me wrong

the half time is fun to see
if a regular guy can throw a football 80 yards,
through a tire

he gets a truck
not the MVP trophy
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 01-28-2008, 07:55 PM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511




and wait until Hillary wins the nomination (maybe). and goes after the Republcian nominee like this.

it will be positively Rovian. you might even say she has it in her to Swift Boat the GOP.
Karl Rove 'tis but a humble political advisor compared to James Carville and the Clinton "War Room".
__________________
INDY500 is offline  
Old 01-28-2008, 08:11 PM   #101
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 06:13 AM
you only believe that because

there is no film on Rove

GHW Bush,
was so disgusted with Rove that he refused to have anything to do with him.

and he ran the CIA
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 01-28-2008, 09:11 PM   #102
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
maycocksean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Most Important State in the Union
Posts: 4,882
Local Time: 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep
the campaigning and primaries

should be like the entire season and play offs
before the Super Bowl

and the Super Bowl players should be tested and proven to be the most capable of competing with the best offense and defense to win


if your season consist of besting Alan Keyes in a Senate race,


and the playoffs consist of other teams and players and fans wanting and demanding that other teams be taken out of the competition to smooth the way for your guy to have a chance to play in the Super Bowl

well, don't be surprised if the other team uses all the tactics and plays that have won all the other Super Bowls




don't get me wrong

the half time is fun to see
if a regular guy can throw a football 80 yards,
through a tire

he gets a truck
not the MVP trophy
And then there are those who'd like to believe our elections shouldn't be a game in the first place. The "regular" people who have been tempted to give up on the electoral process because, hey, their vote, their voice doesn't count anyway.
__________________
maycocksean is offline  
Old 01-28-2008, 09:23 PM   #103
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,474
Local Time: 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by maycocksean


And then there are those who'd like to believe our elections shouldn't be a game in the first place. The "regular" people who have been tempted to give up on the electoral process because, hey, their vote, their voice doesn't count anyway.


it is likely that much of the 45% who don't vote, do so precisely because it is such a big game to them.
__________________
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 01-29-2008, 04:46 AM   #104
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
BonosSaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,566
Local Time: 10:13 AM
Forgetting the campaign and who can or can't win or personal taste in candidate, what do you think would be the differences between an Obama or Clinton Presidency and why do you think that?
__________________
BonosSaint is offline  
Old 01-29-2008, 05:00 AM   #105
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
maycocksean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Most Important State in the Union
Posts: 4,882
Local Time: 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonosSaint
Forgetting the campaign and who can or can't win or personal taste in candidate, what do you think would be the differences between an Obama or Clinton Presidency and why do you think that?
Ideally, I don't imagine there would be much of a difference--particularly in terms of their goals and what they would want to accomplish in office.

Obama, I have a feeling, might aggravate the Democratic base. He's a lot more willing to work with the Republicans then I think the hardcore base is going to be comfortable with. But I think Obama would be able to get a lot done and I think he'd be willing to "cross the aisle" to do so. The downside is that the kinds of legislation that get passed might be less than ideal, particularly those on the further left. The moderate voters would like what he does though.

I expect that Obama would have a highly seasoned cabinet with members from both parties. I think he would surround himself with smart, experienced people that would help make up for the much ballyhooed deficit in his own experience. I don't see him as the type to run about shooting from the hip or surrounding himself with a bunch of sycophantic loyalists.

Hillary Clinton, I think would have a presidency similar to Bill's--I doubt the Republican's in Congress would be as eager to work with her but if she continues to have the Democrats in control of Congress she would get more done than he did. Perhaps others with more knowledge can speak to how she's managed with bipartisan efforts during her years in the Senate. I see "big legislation" suggested by her having a harder time passing, but a lot of the smaller stuff like Bill passed would do well.

Clinton's no slouch and I'm certain she'd have an excellent cabinet and make smart decisions. She'd be a good president, though again, I'm not sure whether she'd do much to bring the country together (through no fault of her own--talk radio will spend the next four years lambasting her every move just like they did Bill).
__________________

__________________
maycocksean is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com