Small Plane Crashes into Manhattan Building

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bet the police and firemans memories of 9/11 are popping back in their minds.

i'm not positive, but i believe my friend's parents live in that building. it looks very familiar, and i know they lived on York. and i've spent the night there once or twice.

hope all is okay, and i hope i'm wrong about the building and my memory is faulty.

Appears to be an accident, not that that makes it any easier for anyone injured or suffering a loss. My thoughts are with everyone who will be jolted back to September 11. This must be so hard emotionally (not that any incident wouldn't be, but something like this even moreso).

very strange and VERY scary.

I have to go into manhattan in an hour. should be quite a scene.

this is the building... 524 east 72nd st. & york ave.

25847155.jpg

CNN confirmed with the FAA that it was a fixed wing aircraft with visable flight rules. CNN also said that they had talked to an official at NORAD and several unnamed US cities will immediately have CAP(combat air patrols) by military jets over them. Most officials, as reported, have said there is no connection to terrorism with this crash so far.

Bono, if flying around NYC, would be in a helicopter and not a fixed wing small aircraft. So it's safe to say he's ok.

I don't know if this was mentioned, the building is called The Bel-Air (sp?) Just saw a brief special report on ABC News (TV)

ETA: The plane hit the Belaire Condominiums, built in 1989 at 524 E. 72nd Street near the East River. More than 150 firefighters are on scene of a four-alarm fire in the building

Headache in a Suitcase said:

who... CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I don't really give a flying f**k, but I was replying back to people talking about him somehow being in that aircraft. Of course that was in the other 2 threads about this subject which I thought I was on by mistake. In any case, I completely agree with your sentiments.

Slipstream said:
Bono, if flying around NYC, would be in a helicopter and not a fixed wing small aircraft. So it's safe to say he's ok.

LOL. Wow.

Anyway, this is awful stuff. I saw the headline on Yahoo!News and my heart sank. I can't even imagine what people in that area are going through... talk about bringing back painful memories... :(

Back
Top Bottom