Slobodan Milosevic Found Dead in Cell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pearl

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Slobodan Milosevic Found Dead in Cell
AP - 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
AMSTERDAM, Netherlands - Slobodan Milosevic, the former Yugoslav leader, who was branded "the butcher of the Balkans" and was on trial for war crimes after orchestrating a decade of bloodshed during the breakup of his country, was found dead Saturday in his prison cell. He was 64. Milosevic, who suffered chronic heart ailments and high blood pressure, apparently died of natural causes and was found in his bed, the U.N. tribunal said, without giving an exact time of death.

Here's the link:
http://news.yahoo.com/fc/world/hague_war_crimes_tribunal

I think its a shame for the Kosovars and everyone else Milosevic tormented. Because he died before getting a sentence, I wonder if they'll ever feel a sense of justice

He got to die a much easier death than the people buried in the fields of Croatia, Bosnia and Kosovo.

He did indeed die a much easier death than the people whose massacre he was directly responsible for. Bosnia and then Kosovo changed my mind about pacifism. I was a pacifist before we were dealing with Milosevic's crimes. I'm not now, sometimes we have to have war to stop fascist killers like him. Now justice will never really be served. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
To bad the people of Kosovo did not see real justice happen to this murderer!

Justin24 said:
To bad the people of Kosovo did not see real justice happen to this murderer!

Well, if certain theories of the afterlife are true, then Milosevic will recieve a one way ticket to hell thanks to the blood on his hands.

Since I believe that God has infinite compassion and love, all I can say is that I hope that Milosevic now understands how his actions have affected the world and that if there's such a thing as reincarnation that his next lifetime learns from the horrendous mistakes he made in this one.

Melon

Se7en said:
how did i know this thread would be a grocery list of insults and damnation?

Because most people consider him guilty of war crimes and crimes agains humanity?

A_Wanderer said:

i've known that some people think that the wars and nato interventions in bosnia/kosovo weren't all that they appeared to be on the surface but i don't know enough about the situation. i've been meaning to read up on it for some time but have failed to get around to it. my comment was really more about how useless threads like these are.

It's called goutrage, Se7en. I think Milosevic was a ghastly criminal (obviously)... and yet I find myself leaning toward your perspective.

Se7en said:
i've known that some people think that the wars and nato interventions in bosnia/kosovo weren't all that they appeared to be on the surface but i don't know enough about the situation. i've been meaning to read up on it for some time but have failed to get around to it. my comment was really more about how useless threads like these are.

But we need our daily 'two minute hate' fix.

financeguy said:

But we need our daily 'two minute hate' fix.

Perhaps you should consider there are people posting on this thread who were personally affected in the worst way by this man and move along. :|

Se7en said:
how did i know this thread would be a grocery list of insults and damnation?

We're merely commenting on a guy who was guilty of truly horrific crimes against humanity. If there's anyone who *deserves* damnation, it's Milosevic.

anitram said:

Perhaps you should consider there are people posting on this thread who were personally affected in the worst way by this man and move along. :|

You are Croatian-born, correct? Not trying to be nosey, just trying to clarify.

Last edited:
I'm Croatian born although ethnically only my paternal grandmother is a Croat. Otherwise we are ethnically Italian/German mixes, which isn't terribly uncommon there, particularly in the border regions.

anitram said:

What about the NATO bombings, there have been reports of civilian facilities being targetted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom