Sins of our Father - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2004, 12:08 AM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:44 PM
Normal

While 'the media' does tend to go for controversy, there still is all kinds of media--even if it's not the biggest mainstream one
{ media super-consolidation ? }.

I am troubled by MG's lack of some kind of public disclaiment with his father on the anti-semetic statement--in a quiet, respectful way.

Hes's made this Big Film which has a difficult issue in there {of possible anti-semitism}. If you are creating something So Big like that and family staeemnts come to light- well, i think there is a relatively reasonable request to ask him {MG}. Right now MG is ina *very public position* on this.

And as a radio host i respect said, if MG's father has been spouting off this kind of atitude all MG's life, isn't it at least possible to suggest MG *might* have internalized some *little bit* of anti-semitism- even if he's not conciuosly aware of it.

--------------------------------

As for "theological 'Truths' " , nb,i ewant to get your position clear

Are you saying that anyone that doesn't follow Catholism/or Christianity will end up with a bad afterlife {how ever that person conceives it}? Even if they have been good practitioners of "...do unto others....& ...as for the least of these, you do to me"....?

Old 02-25-2004, 10:28 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by dazzledbylight
As for "theological 'Truths' " , nb,i ewant to get your position clear

Are you saying that anyone that doesn't follow Catholism/or Christianity will end up with a bad afterlife {how ever that person conceives it}? Even if they have been good practitioners of "...do unto others....& ...as for the least of these, you do to me"....?
I would not say you need to follow a certain religion. But Jesus' own words make it clear that the path to salvation is through faith in Christ alone. How we deal with Jesus' words is for each individual to decide (we can accept or reject).

Those who do put their faith in Christ should demonstrate their faith through their love of their neighbors (i.e., everyone).

Old 02-25-2004, 01:02 PM   #18
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
No offense Scarletwine, but I don't believe Mel Gibson is ever going to state publicly if he has any views of that sort. Of course I take him at his word, but I have some doubts considering what I have read. Mel comes across as being a bit of an arrogant man, but of course that's just my take on him.
I don't disagree with you. I was just stating his expressed views.

Who can see into a man's heart
Old 02-25-2004, 04:11 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Of course you are right about that I certainly can't..like I said, I have to take him at his word, because obviously I have no personal knowledge about him. I just have some doubts and questions, that's all

I guess the point I was possibly thinking of was that for professional reasons, I would think he wouldn't say so publicly, but of course that's just pure conjecture on my part.