Silly Mrs. Clinton - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2007, 05:29 PM   #121
Refugee

Local Time: 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

You can't possibly be a Republican.
I can say that I am nothing like this new brand or Republicans (neo-cons) that have overtaken the Republican party. I consider myself a "True Republican" who believes in keeping taxes to a minimum and spending to a minimum. That is why I support Ron Paul for President. He believes in the free markets and is against policing the world.

I understand that people might say that a free market economy with low taxes works against the middle class. But I don't think the problem with the middle class is low taxes on the rich. The problem is that Americans are the worst savers and spenders in the world. We have more than a trillion dollars in credit card debt alone. I believe that lower capital gains/dividend taxes will provide a greater incentive for all these people to invest instead of overspend. And one more thing, people may think that I support lower taxes for only the rich, but I think the middle and lower classes deserve tax cuts too.

Old 08-13-2007, 05:30 PM   #122
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:22 PM
Mon Aug 13, 2007 at 08:33:35 AM PDT

Silly Democratic candidates, that they couldn't foresee this poll.

Old 08-13-2007, 05:42 PM   #123
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Infinitum98

I can say that I am nothing like this new brand or Republicans (neo-cons) that have overtaken the Republican party. I consider myself a "True Republican" who believes in keeping taxes to a minimum and spending to a minimum. That is why I support Ron Paul for President. He believes in the free markets and is against policing the world.

Yeah it's odd when someone like Ron Paul is the truest "Republican" on the ballot.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:45 PM   #124
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ramblin rose
Here's the link to the story/poll.

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/8/13/03723/8431
Ah OK, thanks. Strange. That entry was just posted today, which explains why I wasn't finding it (and also renders any expectation that the candidates at last week's convention would've known about it senseless). At any rate, as I guessed, that isn't one of their main-page diarists, nor a very active one either, judging from his small number of entries over a year-and-a-half. Again, 61 out of 178 respondents indicating 'don't care' to one entry in one minor diary on an open site with more than 100,000 members and hundreds of diarists strikes me as a pointless thing to get worked into a huff about.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 08-13-2007, 05:53 PM   #125
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

The term strawman comes to mind.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:58 PM   #126
She's the One

Local Time: 10:22 AM
Yeah. I wonder exactly how many people really do care if a candidate has had anything to do with a website?

Or do they care more about how the candidate is going to handle the war, the economy, the healthcare catastrophe, education, civil rights, etc.?

It's a tough call. Very very tough.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:01 PM   #127
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:22 PM
It's not even the rude comments and pictures themselves that are the problems. It is the fact that they are not taken down. Any blog in the world will have people posting hateful things, but most of those sites have supervision and will delete such posts. Kos does nothing. Therefore, the operators (or lack of) at the Kos are just as much at fault as are the people who post the rude material. Any website that wants to be taken seriously needs to be responsible and have standards of behavior. I see none there.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:06 PM   #128
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by martha
Yeah. I wonder exactly how many people really do care if a candidate has had anything to do with a website?

Or do they care more about how the candidate is going to handle the war, the economy, the healthcare catastrophe, education, civil rights, etc.?

It's a tough call. Very very tough.
No, of course those things are important, but attending Kos tells me what kind of person they are, and who they are trying harder to appeal to.

Need more? Here's Dodd looking like a fool-
Old 08-13-2007, 06:11 PM   #129
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2
It's not even the rude comments and pictures themselves that are the problems. It is the fact that they are not taken down. Any blog in the world will have people posting hateful things, but most of those sites have supervision and will delete such posts. Kos does nothing. Therefore, the operators (or lack of) at the Kos are just as much at fault as are the people who post the rude material. Any website that wants to be taken seriously needs to be responsible and have standards of behavior. I see none there.
Free speech is a bitch isn't it?
Old 08-13-2007, 06:15 PM   #130
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

Free speech is a bitch isn't it?
I'm not saying they cant say it. I'm saying that it should be taken down. They can go wish Tony Snow ill elsewhere. There is a responsibility factor involved. The site should take a stand and create standards. Dont start to feel sorry for the people who want Tony Snow dead.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:16 PM   #131
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

No, of course those things are important, but attending Kos tells me what kind of person they are, and who they are trying harder to appeal to.

Need more? Here's Dodd looking like a fool-
Old 08-13-2007, 06:17 PM   #132
Blue Crack Addict

Some people say awful things online about Elizabeth Edwards' cancer too. Unfortunately people have the right to be completely insensitive and inhuman and heartless.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:18 PM   #133
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

Why is it you have no problem with Republicans associating themselves with religious hate groups, do they get a free ride because they are "religious"?
First off, I never said I didnt have a problem with it. Second, please give me an example of such hate group.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:19 PM   #134
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I'm not saying they cant say it. I'm saying that it should be taken down. They can go wish Tony Snow ill elsewhere. There is a responsibility factor involved. The site should take a stand and create standards. Dont start to feel sorry for the people who want Tony Snow dead.
I don't feel sorry for anyone. That's the hard part about free speech, sometimes you won't agree with it.

Look this website argument has failed.

Why don't you go back to trying and defining "far-left" and examples of pandering.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:22 PM   #135
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Yet look, you are condemning Republicans for going to "hate groups", yet not Democrats. Be consistent.

I have explained how they have pandered. You just ignore it.