Silly Mrs. Clinton - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2007, 01:10 PM   #91
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by unico

I feel like you see your conservative right side, and the "diversity" in opinion there,
I think you give him too much credit, I don't think he even recognizes this.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:10 PM   #92
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k
I have never heard of Yearly Kos but if Bill O'Reilly is condemning it, it must be awesome!!!!!!!
that's why i'm surprised too! i've never heard of it either, and i tend to have some very progressive views.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:12 PM   #93
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Changing the status quo and taking the power away from white conservative males is a hateful value, didn't you know?

Old 08-13-2007, 01:12 PM   #94
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k
I have never heard of Yearly Kos but if Bill O'Reilly is condemning it, it must be awesome!!!!!!!
I'm sure this is why he is making it an issue, because he was told that it is evil.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:22 PM   #95
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
2861, I challenge you to back this up.

First give one example of how YearlyKos is hateful.

Second, define the "far-left" and give one example of how these canidates are pandering to them. Just one, hell I'll give you all day to come up with something too. For you'll need it.
Gladly.

1) I found this poll on one of their pages:

DO YOU CARE THAT TONY SNOW HAS CANCER?

a) Yes. I unconditionally feel sympathy for anyone who is suffering.
b) Yes, but it is harder to feel sympathy for a man who has so much damage to our nation.
c) No, but I don't want to see his family suffer.
d) No. He's the public face of a thieving, murdering government. He deserves no mercy.
e) Can't decide either way: ambivalent.
f) Don't care at all.

Option "a" was winning- by one vote. Truly, truly disrespectful. If that isnt a demonstration of passionate hate towards someone, I really dont know what is. It is inexcusable, yet I know you or someone else here will defend the poll.

Then, of course, there are pictures like this:

I could find more examples I'm sure, but I really dont like being on that site.

2) Nice try. In terms of world politics, far-left implies communism, anarchy, things like that which arent much found in the US. But I'm talking about the American political spectrum. These people are the extreme left wing- the left of the left. The Democratic candidates are pandering to them because if they dont, they will become Joe Lieberman (who is a moderate) in the above picture.

Pander: to appeal to, so as to achieve one's purpose.

The candidates attending YearlyKos shows that they endorse the hate so easily found on the site. Each one of them owes Mr. Snow and Senator Lieberman an apology for supporting the extremely rude postings that the Kos traffics in.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:23 PM   #96
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:00 PM
Quote:

Second, define the "far-left" and give one example of how these canidates are pandering to them. Just one, hell I'll give you all day to come up with something too. For you'll need it.
It must be radically different from what we understand as far-left in Germany.
But since Hillary is left, far-left probably is what we would refer to as center-left to left.

And I'm still curious about the tax thing. Or deficit spending, a great example for the private economy as you can see with the mortgage sector.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:29 PM   #97
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2

Gladly.

1) I found this poll on one of their pages:

DO YOU CARE THAT TONY SNOW HAS CANCER?

a) Yes. I unconditionally feel sympathy for anyone who is suffering.
b) Yes, but it is harder to feel sympathy for a man who has so much damage to our nation.
c) No, but I don't want to see his family suffer.
d) No. He's the public face of a thieving, murdering government. He deserves no mercy.
e) Can't decide either way: ambivalent.
f) Don't care at all.

Option "a" was winning- by one vote. Truly, truly disrespectful. If that isnt a demonstration of passionate hate towards someone, I really dont know what is. It is inexcusable, yet I know you or someone else here will defend the poll.

Then, of course, there are pictures like this:

I could find more examples I'm sure, but I really dont like being on that site.
First of all links are a great way to site your sources. Secondly, the website is open, have you seen images and opinions on here that you don't agree with? Does that make this site hateful?

Watch what you are condeming.

Quote:

2) Nice try. In terms of world politics, far-left implies communism, anarchy, things like that which arent much found in the US. But I'm talking about the American political spectrum. These people are the extreme left wing- the left of the left. The Democratic candidates are pandering to them because if they dont, they will become Joe Lieberman (who is a moderate) in the above picture.

Pander: to appeal to, so as to achieve one's purpose.

The candidates attending YearlyKos shows that they endorse the hate so easily found on the site. Each one of them owes Mr. Snow and Senator Lieberman an apology for supporting the extremely rude postings that the Kos traffics in.
Wow, you didn't define a thing or give one example of how they are pandering. Am I suprised? No.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:41 PM   #98
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

have you seen images and opinions on here that you don't agree with? Does that make this site hateful?
Interference is different. DailyKos is a political blog publishing news with a liberal viewpoint. Interference is a forum with no specific purpose. In other words, there are sub-forums on here to talk about whatever you want to talk about. If someone in here printed the Tony Snow poll above, and a presidential candidate came to a Free Your Mind convention, I would have a problem with that unless that candidate condemned the poll and any other hateful material. Zero of the candidates acknowledged that there are some pretty bad things on the Kos. No mention. BVS- wasnt that a bad move? What do you think of the Tony Snow poll?

Quote:
Wow, you didn't define a thing or give one example of how they are pandering. Am I suprised? No.
Incorrect. I condemned each candidate for going to the convention and endorsing the site which thrives in hateful material. That's how they are pandering- by working to get the support of people who publish the Tony Snow poll. The people who constructed that poll (as well as everyone who voted for options "b" through "f") are not fair, moderate, everyday Americans. They are the extreme wing of the Democratic Party.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:44 PM   #99
She's the One

Local Time: 01:00 PM
Quote:
The person who constructed that poll ... are not fair, moderate, everyday Americans. They are the extreme wing of the Democratic Party.
I don't care about the poll or the website, but I'd like you to prove this statement please.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:45 PM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:00 PM
I still want to know what "far left" is...
Old 08-13-2007, 01:52 PM   #101
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

I don't care about the poll or the website, but I'd like you to prove this statement please.
At the time I checked the poll, there were 166 votes. 116 of them were not for option A. Do you think if you took that same poll nationwide you would get the same result? Do you really think two-thirds of Americans are apathetic about Snow's cancer and/or want him to die and are happy about it? You cannot say whoever thought "Hmm... I'll make a poll about Tony Snow's cancer and have most of the choices wish him ill" (or whoever voted in it) is a fair human being. How can the candidates go to a convention attended by the people that wish Snow ill, but they wont go on Fox News? That is absolute pandering.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:56 PM   #102
She's the One

Local Time: 01:00 PM
Quote:

At the time I checked the poll, there were 166 votes. 116 of them were not for option A. Do you think if you took that same poll nationwide you would get the same result? Do you really think two-thirds of Americans are apathetic about Snow's cancer and/or want him to die and are happy about it? You cannot say whoever thought "Hmm... I'll make a poll about Tony Snow's cancer and have most of the choices wish him ill" (or whoever voted in it) is a fair human being. How can the candidates go to a convention attended by the people that wish Snow ill, but they wont go on Fox News? That is absolute pandering.
You didn't answer my question. Go back and reread it.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:02 PM   #103
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Interference is different. DailyKos is a political blog publishing news with a liberal viewpoint. Interference is a forum with no specific purpose. In other words, there are sub-forums on here to talk about whatever you want to talk about. If someone in here printed the Tony Snow poll above, and a presidential candidate came to a Free Your Mind convention, I would have a problem with that unless that candidate condemned the poll and any other hateful material. Zero of the candidates acknowledged that there are some pretty bad things on the Kos. No mention. BVS- wasnt that a bad move? What do you think of the Tony Snow poll?
We had a member in here that gave a 1 star rating to a thread about Mrs Edward's cancer. Now I'm not going to judge conservatives or Mormons as a whole due to that incident, but it was a poor move. Just like I'm not going to judge Kos by some of it's members.

By your logic I can say Christianity is a hateful religion due to the fact that many of it's followers abuse the religion and are full of hate.

Quote:

Incorrect. I condemned each candidate for going to the convention and endorsing the site which thrives in hateful material. That's how they are pandering- by working to get the support of people who publish the Tony Snow poll. The people who constructed that poll (as well as everyone who voted for options "b" through "f") are not fair, moderate, everyday Americans. They are the extreme wing of the Democratic Party.
You started this far left nonsense before you even mentioned the Kos website. Forget that for awhile and actually define "far-left" and show me how they pander.

I swear it's like talking to a child.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:04 PM   #104
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Do you really think everyone takes internet polls like this seriously? Look at the polls we've had in here.

Come on, give me a break.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:09 PM   #105
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

Do you really think everyone takes internet polls like this seriously? Look at the polls we've had in here.

Come on, give me a break.
I dont think you can compare that poll with "Vote for your favorite Beautiful Day artwork." I would think that with the former, people would take that a little more seriously and be a tad more considerate and humane.

I would love to respond to the rest of these points right now, but I really dont want to spend all day on Interference. I leave for school in a few days, and I have a million things to do. Adieu.