Silly Mrs. Clinton - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-13-2007, 08:41 PM   #181
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,337
Local Time: 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bluer White
Madelyn Iris, let the folks in this thread label you as hateful and a "dodger" of the issue. They will be running to the ballot box to cast a vote for Clinton or Obama, who have an opinion that is basically equivalent to yours.
Nice assumption.

I like Kucinich because he's the only one for actual marriage.
__________________

__________________
martha is offline  
Old 08-13-2007, 08:42 PM   #182
Refugee
 
MadelynIris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Craggy Island
Posts: 1,504
Local Time: 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bluer White
Madelyn Iris, let the folks in this thread label you as hateful and a "dodger" of the issue. They will be running to the ballot box to cast a vote for Clinton or Obama, who have an opinion that is basically equivalent to yours.
Ah, nicely brought back on topic. Thanks!
__________________

__________________
MadelynIris is offline  
Old 08-13-2007, 08:45 PM   #183
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,687
Local Time: 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MadelynIris


Because it would be cheaper (in most cases) than him getting health insurance on his own, if he were unemployed. A benefit of marriage.
So I'm going to get "married" because my brother is temporarily unemployed?

See, I still don't see why?
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 08-13-2007, 08:45 PM   #184
Refugee
 
MadelynIris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Craggy Island
Posts: 1,504
Local Time: 03:11 PM
Seriously Martha, why should romantic involvment or sexual orientation have to come into play. Why shouldn't it be about a human partnership?
__________________
MadelynIris is offline  
Old 08-13-2007, 08:48 PM   #185
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,337
Local Time: 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MadelynIris
Seriously Martha, why should romantic involvment or sexual orientation have to come into play. Why shouldn't it be about a human partnership?
Because the issue is romantic involvement. Two people want to be married. Let them.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 08-13-2007, 08:48 PM   #186
Refugee
 
MadelynIris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Craggy Island
Posts: 1,504
Local Time: 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


So I'm going to get "married" because my brother is temporarily unemployed?

See, I still don't see why?
They gain the rights and benefits bestowed upon married couples.
__________________
MadelynIris is offline  
Old 08-13-2007, 08:49 PM   #187
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,687
Local Time: 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bluer White
Madelyn Iris, let the folks in this thread label you as hateful and a "dodger" of the issue. They will be running to the ballot box to cast a vote for Clinton or Obama, who have an opinion that is basically equivalent to yours.
Poor assumption.
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 08-13-2007, 08:49 PM   #188
Refugee
 
MadelynIris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Craggy Island
Posts: 1,504
Local Time: 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha


Because the issue is romantic involvement. Two people want to be married. Let them.
I thought the issue is rights?

And what is the Jesus excuse?
__________________
MadelynIris is offline  
Old 08-13-2007, 08:51 PM   #189
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,337
Local Time: 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MadelynIris


I thought the issue is rights?
The right to get married.



Quote:
Originally posted by MadelynIris


And what is the Jesus excuse?
It's what some frightened people use. You haven't used it yet.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 08-13-2007, 08:52 PM   #190
Refugee
 
MadelynIris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Craggy Island
Posts: 1,504
Local Time: 03:11 PM
I'm ok with calling it 'marriage' instead of a union or partnership too. As long as it's not limited to romantic involvement about sexual orientation.
__________________
MadelynIris is offline  
Old 08-13-2007, 08:53 PM   #191
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,687
Local Time: 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MadelynIris


They gain the rights and benefits bestowed upon married couples.
So? You still haven't shown one instance where it would be nothing more than a temporary fix. I mean honestly who cares, there are other ways to fix these problems.

Show me a group that actually wants this.
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 08-13-2007, 08:55 PM   #192
Refugee
 
MadelynIris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Craggy Island
Posts: 1,504
Local Time: 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha
The right to get married.

Sounds more like a symantic/religious thing with you, not a legal rights issue. Fair enough. Go and fight the church. I'd like to neurtralize the religious aspect of it, and take it out of the argument. Let churches do whatever they want.
__________________
MadelynIris is offline  
Old 08-13-2007, 08:56 PM   #193
Refugee
 
MadelynIris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Craggy Island
Posts: 1,504
Local Time: 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


So? You still haven't shown one instance where it would be nothing more than a temporary fix. I mean honestly who cares, there are other ways to fix these problems.

Show me a group that actually wants this.
BVS, what do 'they' want?

I'd say just about every gay couple that I know would want this if it were offered tomorrow. They want those rights.
__________________
MadelynIris is offline  
Old 08-13-2007, 08:56 PM   #194
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,337
Local Time: 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MadelynIris


Sounds more like a symantic/religious thing with you, not a legal rights issue.
You've never heard of a wedding at the courthouse!
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 08-13-2007, 08:57 PM   #195
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,337
Local Time: 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MadelynIris
As long as it's not limited to romantic involvement about sexual orientation.
And now you fear and bias comes out.

Why?
__________________

__________________
martha is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com