Silly Mrs. Clinton - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2007, 06:25 PM   #136
War Child

Local Time: 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

I'm going to play "devil's advocate" for a second. Didn't Jesus say, "sale all your jewelery and give it to the poor"? Why is it that you push for certain Biblical teachings in government but not others?
No, Woodie Guthrie said that. Jesus said a few things like "Build a fence on thy border so that thy neighbor shall covet thy ox," and "render unto Caesar the things which are Caesars, but render unto the wealthy thy deepest tax cuts." It was something like that anyway. He also said "greed is good." Or was that Gordon Gekko? Gordon Gano? Nevermind.

Old 08-13-2007, 06:31 PM   #137
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2
Yet look, you are condemning Republicans for going to "hate groups", yet not Democrats. Be consistent.

I have explained how they have pandered. You just ignore it.
This website is not a hate group. You cannot judge a group by a few of it's members, especially when the membership is a free website. You can judge if something is a hate group by what their mission statement is.

If this website is your only example, even though you haven't even defined "far-left" yet, then you have failed.

Old 08-13-2007, 06:35 PM   #138
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

First off, I never said I didnt have a problem with it. Second, please give me an example of such hate group.
Well there are many such as Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson's crowds and many anti-gay groups that Bush pandered to by hinting at trying to get an ammendment banning gay marriage.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:55 PM   #139
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:46 PM
Quote:
Giuliani continues his conservative shift
Favors fewer rights for same-sex unions

By Brian C. Mooney, Globe Staff | August 13, 2007

Former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani continues to discard the moderate and liberal positions of his past. The latest is civil unions for same-sex couples, which the Republican presidential candidate has been backing away from in recent months.

A campaign aide told the Globe this weekend that Giuliani favors a much more modest set of rights for gay partners than civil union laws in effect in four states offer.
...as posted in the Rove thread.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:59 PM   #140
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:46 AM
Quote:
It's not even the rude comments and pictures themselves that are the problems. It is the fact that they are not taken down. Any blog in the world will have people posting hateful things, but most of those sites have supervision and will delete such posts. Kos does nothing. Therefore, the operators (or lack of) at the Kos are just as much at fault as are the people who post the rude material. Any website that wants to be taken seriously needs to be responsible and have standards of behavior. I see none there.
Do you feel the same way about Free Republic and other right-wing Web sites? I've seen some of the stuff posted there. It's every bit as bad as Daily Kos, if not worse.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:04 PM   #141
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 12:46 PM
Quote:

Then, of course, there are pictures like this:

Oh, I'm sorry. That's hateful. Completely hateful.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:04 PM   #142
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

many anti-gay groups that Bush pandered to by hinting at trying to get an ammendment banning gay marriage.
Yikes.

You think opposing gay marriage is "hate?" You think that is the same as the Tony Snow poll, which is real hate? You cant be serious. If so, you dont know the meaning of hate, sir.

But you are right in one regard. I have failed. I am failing to convince you all that the Democrats attending Kos is an important issue, and says a lot that they will attend that but not go on FNC.

Seriously though, I'm getting bored with this topic. I think I'm done posting in here, so you all can say whatever you want. It ain't much fun being the "1" in a "20 against 1" discussion/debate/whatever you want to call it, regardless of which side is "correct".
Old 08-13-2007, 07:14 PM   #143
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Yikes.

You think opposing gay marriage is "hate?" You think that is the same as the Tony Snow poll, which is real hate? You cant be serious. If so, you dont know the meaning of hate, sir.

But you are right in one regard. I have failed. I am failing to convince you all that the Democrats attending Kos is an important issue, and says a lot that they will attend that but not go on FNC.

One is an example of poor humor, the other actually wants to deny rights. Apples and oranges.

One is harmless the other IS hate. Sorry you can't see that.

You failed because you never even attempted to define what you started. And your constantly bringing up FNC is hilarious, you've been shown why they pulled out.

Quote:

Seriously though, I'm getting bored with this topic. I think I'm done posting in here, so you all can say whatever you want. It ain't much fun being the "1" in a "20 against 1" discussion/debate/whatever you want to call it, regardless of which side is "correct".
I'm sure it's difficult to have a minority opinion, but the only reason if feels like it's "against" is that you never back anything up. You say a lot of things but you never show sources, apply logic, or actually define anything. So of course you're going to get a little flack. If you did back things up things would be a lot different.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:17 PM   #144
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:46 PM
Apparently you have never seen hate.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:18 PM   #145
She's the One

Local Time: 08:46 AM
Quote:
You think opposing gay marriage is "hate?"
YES.

Opposing rights for people based on their sexual orientation is far far far far more hateful than a lame, meanspirited internet poll about Tony Snow's cancer.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:33 PM   #146
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

YES.

Opposing rights for people based on their sexual orientation is far far far far more hateful than a lame, meanspirited internet poll about Tony Snow's cancer.
If I were to oppose heterosexual marraige, does that mean I hate heterosexual people?

I like this reasoning. I'm seeing a line of t-shirts.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:37 PM   #147
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by MadelynIris

If I were to oppose heterosexual marraige, does that mean I hate heterosexual people?

I like this reasoning. I'm seeing a line of t-shirts.
You may not hate heterosexual people, but denying a person rights just because of who they are is a hateful action.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:40 PM   #148
Refugee

Right, inalienable rights.

I agree on that part. That's why, I think we should remove the 'sexual orientation' aspect of it from all law whatsoever. I think anyone should be allowed to form a civil union/partnership with anyone else. Question is, do you limit it to 2 people?
Old 08-13-2007, 07:43 PM   #149
Refugee

Quote:

You may not hate heterosexual people, but denying a person rights just because of who they are is a hateful action.
For that matter, we do deny a lot of people a lot of rights for a variety of reasons. Citizens enjoy certain rights over non-citizens. Felons are denied a variety of rights, as are children.

There are more examples, but the basic human rights, I think are generally protected well in this country.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:46 PM   #150
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by MadelynIris
Right, inalienable rights.

I agree on that part. That's why, I think we should remove the 'sexual orientation' aspect of it from all law whatsoever. I think anyone should be allowed to form a civil union/partnership with anyone else. Question is, do you limit it to 2 people?

Maybe you can ask Moses if having more than one wife was a good idea in hindsight.