Silly Christofacsists on CNN burning Harry Potter books - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2005, 08:00 PM   #256
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:41 AM
One of my friends read me the very last line of a book she had been reading. It went something like...

"The existence of God," said the Devil, "is the biggest joke of all".

That scared the living daylights out of me... still does. Whether that's purely a result of my early Church of England education, I don't know. I heard that line 6 years ago and it still seriously freaks me out!

Old 07-19-2005, 08:09 PM   #257
The Fly

Local Time: 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

He's not an invention of the Christian religion if he really does exist.

He doesn't control my life, Irvine, and it's precisely because I DO keep a look out for him. I know his tricks; I know what my weaknesses are, and i know his seductions and the way he tries to take advantage of my weaknesses. I am bought with the blood of Jesus, and in his strength and power alone do I trust. He is able to deliver me from evil, and he does.

Maybe you don't give a s*** about the devil, but don't you realize that if he does exist, you're playing right into his hands? Don't you see that if he does exist, he doesn't want you to believe in him?

Next to believing that Christ is not the son of God, the greatest thing that Satan can get you to believing is that he himself is not real. If you don't believe in Satan, you will not see the need for a savior named Jesus Christ.
LOL, someone's been brainwashed.

Old 07-19-2005, 08:12 PM   #258
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

get over yourself.

just because i mentioned how i try to live my life does not mean that you do not do the same. i speak for myself, not for you.

again: grow up.
Irvine, you won't get away with this. If you did not intend it that way, you did not word it all properly.

Example:
If I said "While you're sitting here twiddling your thumbs, I'm gonna go out and do some work"

The majority of people would assume that I am presuming that you are not doing any work, but I am.

In the same exact way, when you say

"for now, while you're looking under the bed and behind the couches for Satan, i am going to get up each and every morning and try my best to be the best person i know how to be",

the natural assumption based on the way it is worded, is that you are comparing what I am doing (looking under the bed for Satan) with what you are doing (trying to be the best eprson I can be). Now, which one has the negative connotation? Not what you say you are doing, but what you say I am doing!

Look, if you don't wnat people to "misunderstand what you're saying", express yourself properly.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:13 PM   #259
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Ladera Heights
LOL, someone's been brainwashed.
Or just has a different perspective to you, which would have been a nicer way of putting it.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:14 PM   #260
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Old 07-19-2005, 08:16 PM   #261
Blue Crack Addict

Old 07-19-2005, 08:18 PM   #262
The Fly

Local Time: 05:41 PM
Quote:

And I think you are deceived by the devil. But I don't think it's a laughing matter, so you'll get no LOL from me. I wish you would come to a relationship with Christ, I really do.
I wish you would come to a relationship with reality.

I need to bust a Jedi mind trick on your feeble mind so you can fetch me my beer when I'm thirsty.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:21 PM   #263
New Yorker

Quote:
Irvine, you won't get away with this. If you did not intend it that way, you did not word it all properly. [...]
Pure pedantry.

Quote:
And I think you are deceived by the devil. But I don't think it's a laughing matter, so you'll get no LOL from me. I wish you would come to a relationship with Christ, I really do.
I see it this way: your relationship with Christ has nothing whatsoever to do with anyone else; it is between yourself and your maker. Same applies to the lot of us. I realise that is stating the obvious, but some seem to forget.

Hello starsgoblue! welcome back!
Old 07-19-2005, 08:22 PM   #264
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by sallycinnamon78
I see it this way: your relationship with Christ has nothing whatsoever to do with anyone else; it is between yourself and your maker.
Not necessarily, because many Christians would feel that they are called to win converts also.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:23 PM   #265
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Ladera Heights,
I edited out what I wrote because I didn't want anything to think that I am insulting you when I said you were deceived by the devil. I am not insulting you, and it was not a tit for tat statement. I do believe that if you do not believe in the saving power of Jesus Chist, you are decieved by the devil. And I take absolutely no joy in saying that; I say it as a warning, because I hate the devil and I don't want him to deceive you.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:25 PM   #266
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by sallycinnamon78

I see it this way: your relationship with Christ has nothing whatsoever to do with anyone else; it is between yourself and your maker. Same applies to the lot of us. I realise that is stating the obvious, but some seem to forget.

Hello starsgoblue! welcome back!
Christ told his followers to share the Gospel.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:25 PM   #267
Blue Crack Addict

Doesn't the gospel itself say that one can't come to Christ unless He Himself calls them? Therefore, I don't see it's really anyones responsibility to judge otherwise.

Old 07-19-2005, 08:27 PM   #268
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue

Doesn't the gospel itself say that one can't come to Christ unless He Himself calls them? Therefore, I don't see it's really anyones responsibility to judge otherwise.

It sure does say that, but in Timothy, the Bible says that God desires that all men come to a saving knowledge of the truth. God calls everyone. Not everyone listens, but God calls them.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:30 PM   #269
Blue Crack Addict

My point was that you shouldn't really worry bout others salvation to the extent that it seems you may.....you can share what you know but judging is something else entirely.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:35 PM   #270
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue
My point was that you shouldn't really worry bout others salvation.....you can share what you know but judging is something else entirely.
Ladera Heights said I was "brainwashed" when I made my post about the Gospel. Can there be any doubt that Ladera Heights does not believe in the Gospel?

As for judging, I didn't say Ladera Heights was an evil person. I said Ladera Heights is deceived by the devil. I am not judging Ladera Heights as a person, I am simply stating my beliefs.

I don't want Ladera Heights to be deceived by the devil.