Should women stay in the kitchen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
I make the best stuffed artichokes too..... most americans eat plain steamed artichokes with mayonaise.... ew.

My hubby and kids think artichokes are the grossest things, so I never make them anymore.
frown.gif

------------------
"See, the rock star gets his way! Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono ~ Houston, Texas 4-02-01

Oz. I think we did actually share the same views. Perhaps we said it differently or focused on slightly different things. I dont think you're a fem nazi, lol. Although I dont think the question was stupid at all! Like you said, some women DO belong in the home, cos thats where they want to be.

I guess my views come from not only the fact that I would love a family (pls ignore this sappiness
wink.gif
), but from the number f jobs I have had over the years. Small companies, big companies, stressful postions, postions of certain authority, boring jobs, very high paced ones etc etc. Mainly business I guess you'd call it. And after a while I became more than slightly jaded. I got to thinking, what are all you people rushing for? Where are you trying to go? And for what? All that. The mnost common answer is prolly cos of achievement and satisfaction. But for me, I place the satisfaction and achievements you can get that are a bit closer to home higher on the scale of importance.

Each to their own. We arent living in the turn of the century, so we all get to choose...In a way
biggrin.gif

SG,
My first post ever to you was jumping down your back. Man, did I misjudge you! You're alright!!
80s

Aww...
smile.gif
It's cool.... People need to get used to me and get to know me, then they like me.

You either love me or you hate me.

LOL !!!

deg.gif
<---- love me

hjtwofinger.gif
<--- hate me

biggrin.gif

------------------
Sicilian Women Are More Dangerous Than Shotguns

My Website

Hey Bama,
New Favorite CD is growing on me. I now like "Stars". The songs I just can't stand now are:

Let Me Teach You For Awhile
The Boy Who Wouldn't Hoe Corndogs
I'm Gonged
Dayblight

The so/so songs for me are:

Bright Sunny South
It All Comes Down To You
Take Me For Longing

My faves:
The Lucky One
Choctaw Hayride
Crazy Faith
Momma Cried
Stars
New Favorite

People's roles should not be gender based, it's a matter of individual choice. A word on motherhood...it's a privelege , not a right IMHO...and my o my, do your babies grow up quickly.Enjoy it while it lasts.

One Kitchen I would not mind being in, is in the Clarence Hotel, Dublin. THE Kitchen
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom