Should We Prove Him Wrong - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2004, 06:32 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:56 PM
Should We Prove Him Wrong

Al-Sadr Says U.S. Can't Defeat Militia

Sounds like a guy who wants to negotiate peace.

I say we show him to his 72 virgins.....or whatever he is suppose to get.

Old 09-03-2004, 06:53 PM   #2
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 11:56 PM
White doves, this virgin-thing is a translation error

This whole thing is pretty out of context.

Anyway, it's a situation where the US troops can only loose. If they win it's incredible how long Al-Sadr was able to play with them and every day they don't win Al-Sadr gets more and more sympathisants because he's able to defend the US high-tech-troops with a hand full of kalashnikovs.

Let's hope that this *** won't become the next president of Iraq

Old 09-03-2004, 07:01 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:56 PM
Re: Should We Prove Him Wrong

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
I say we show him to his 72 virgins.....or whatever he is suppose to get.
Yeah! Let's kill the bastard! I mean, that's what Jesus would do, right??
Old 09-03-2004, 07:08 PM   #4
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 11:56 PM
Calluna

exactly,

we can learn this from

Luke 6
Quote:
27"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31Do to others as you would have them do to you.
32"If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. 33And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. 34And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. 35But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.
But huh this jesus even forgive the men who killed him? maybe he was just another liberal "girlie man"

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?lan...e=Luke+23:1-34
Old 09-03-2004, 07:21 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:56 PM
Amen to that, Klaus!
Old 09-03-2004, 07:32 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:56 PM
This guy is complicated, to say the least. Let's see, he's a Shi'ite Muslim. But (unlike Sistani, who's also a Shi'ite Muslim) he's got this obsession with a "holy war", a la the Sunni Wahhabists. These two groups don't like each other, to put it mildly. But there have been reports of Sunnis and Shi'ites working with each other, at least in Iraq. It could be that Iraq is an even bigger mess than I thought, which is saying something considering that I have something of a notoriety as a pessimist on the Iraq issue. How depressing. I'm not feeling well anyway due to a stomach virus. This sucks!
Old 09-03-2004, 07:43 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:56 PM
I'm not sure using those Bible quotes in this context is entirely fair, but then again, I never viewed the book as the final authority on life.

The problem is that this man has absolutely nothing positive to contribute to a lasting peace in Iraq, nor does he hold any respect for his fellow citizens, whom he is supposed to be liberating from the oppressor or whatever it is that he believes. I do not believe peace can be made with this man, and although I don't think this Iraq war should have been carried out the way it was, if we are in it now for the freedom and peace of the people, then I'd like to know why we are allowing scum like him to dictate the terms.

It is nice to think we should turn the other cheek. Sometimes, I believe there are people who only understand the language of force.

I'm as left as they get, but I do believe he should be removed one way or another from the equation. Enough is enough, he's hurting his own people immensely, and we've let this fool fun around rampant for far too long.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:18 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:56 AM
Well Sadr uses the name Medhi army for his gang of thugs, this alludes to a Shiite doomsday school of thought. I doubt very much that Sadr can become a real force in the future, he cannot win millitarily becaues the US army giving support to the Iraqi army beats his millitia's, he cannot win politically because he is a mere cleric without the authority of Ayatolla Sistani whp holds more sway over the Shiite population. It is interesting to note the animosity held by many Shiites against Sadr after he took the gutter trash from Baghdad into the Imam Ali Mosque and started shooting from it. The worst development was letting him get (yet another!) pass for his actions, I would not shed a tear if the man was on the recieving end of bullet.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:47 PM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:56 PM
Klaus,

You're right. I got frustrated with Sadr's continual game playing with peace talks. I guess I shouldn't take the "burning coals on his head" literally.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:38 PM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:56 AM
I thought one standard NATO 7.62mm round would do the trick a bit quicker than the "coals on the head".
Old 09-04-2004, 08:45 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:56 PM
I'm getting tired of this guy's head games too. And anitram, I agree, I'm a lefty, but this doesn't mean a damn thing when you're getting tired of bloodshed. This guy has nothing to offer Iraq, he's just on some power trip. Some people in the press claimed that the government made a mistake when they negotiated with him. I say take the out, before he causes more pain and suffering.