Should we kill people for not killing people? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2007, 04:00 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

There's no evidence the driver had anything to do with this. There's no evidence of knowledge or intent.

Deal with that.

I haven't really mentioned anyone in this thread, so I really see no irony anywhere. The concept of mourning and true justice can be separate issues, sorry you can't see that...
BVS I know you're in Texas. Do you happen to know of other cases where people have been given the DP because of this particular law?

Old 08-23-2007, 04:03 PM   #47
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Snowlock

Decent everyday human beings do not carjack. It's the sociopaths and the psychopaths that do this, and no amount of prison time is going to fix them. It's the rabid dog principle.
This has to be the dumbest statement I've seen in FYM in a long time.

Sociopaths and psychopaths? So you don't think it's possible that a desperate misguided non sociopath is capable of carjacking? And no one can be "fixed" eh? Well then why not kill all criminals.

Like I said, I hope you never get caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Old 08-23-2007, 04:05 PM   #48
She's the One

Local Time: 12:16 AM
Quote:
karma's a bitch
Indeed. It does tend to work all ways, not just both. Advocating the state-sanctioned deaths of criminals because you don't like what they did does affect your karma, you know.

Or does karma only enter the conversation to make a point for you?
Old 08-23-2007, 04:07 PM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Sociopaths and psychopaths? So you don't think it's possible that a desperate misguided non sociopath is capable of carjacking?
Because teenagers never make mistakes.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:07 PM   #50
She's the One

Quote:
Decent everyday human beings do not carjack. It's the sociopaths and the psychopaths that do this, and no amount of prison time is going to fix them. It's the rabid dog principle.
Care to back this up with anything other than your wishful thinking and blood-lust?
Old 08-23-2007, 04:07 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Yes they robbed that night, but nobody was killed at any of those robberies. How does that make grounds for the death penalty???
Old 08-23-2007, 04:11 PM   #52
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by unico

BVS I know you're in Texas. Do you happen to know of other cases where people have been given the DP because of this particular law?
There was a case that caused some controversy a few years ago that fell under this law but it got overturned. I'd say I was suprised that the law itself didn't get changed after that, but there are too many like Snow that just don't care and are quick to paint all criminals with the same brush.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:13 PM   #53
She's the One

Quote:

That's just idiotic.
Yet most of the death penalty supporters here and in real life are self-described Christians.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:30 PM   #54
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

Snowlock, i never mind what you actually say, but the manner in which you type is incredibly offensive. you really need to tone it down. it's only because i'm able to read past your histrionic melodramatics and see the fact that you are an intelligent person that i respond to your posts.

yes, when the rule of law is applied differently to different people, then this is one of the signs of a totalitarian state. when individual rights are swept aside because people represent "burdens on society," then you have the beginnings of a totalitarian state. the price of liberty is eternal vigilence.

go read some Kafka and then we'll talk, sweetpea.
Actually I meant absolutely no offense. I'm just blown away by your attempt to make that leap. It demonstrates a severe lack of perspective that getting outside your normal boundries can help with somewhat. Smoking grass and reading Kafka may make you feel like you're a deep thinker; but you're not. You need out of the apartment or condo or house or whatever you're in.

I know you in particular have the brain power, but you're misusing it. Call it arrogant or whatever, I don't give a shit, but not enough people are left in this "world" who will call someone talking like you are foolish.

I know it's fun to be anti establishment, but you need to grow out of it sometime. You all do.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:35 PM   #55
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

I know it's fun to be anti establishment, but you need to grow out of it sometime. You all do.
Why, so we can all be as s-m-r-t and as well informed as you?

No thanks.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:41 PM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

It is not a matter of being anti-establishment. It is a matter of seeing injustices and calling the gov't out on them. We're not all anarchists here. If there weren't people like us who see this for what it is and are willing to stand up for it, well then, I'd probably be picking cotton for you right now.

PROGRESS.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:49 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:16 AM
Quote:

Actually I meant absolutely no offense. I'm just blown away by your attempt to make that leap. It demonstrates a severe lack of perspective that getting outside your normal boundries can help with somewhat. Smoking grass and reading Kafka may make you feel like you're a deep thinker; but you're not. You need out of the apartment or condo or house or whatever you're in.

I know you in particular have the brain power, but you're misusing it. Call it arrogant or whatever, I don't give a shit, but not enough people are left in this "world" who will call someone talking like you are foolish.

So Europe has to get out more?
Old 08-23-2007, 04:58 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

That's all so offensive and rude and such stereotypical thinking. Maybe if you made even a small attempt to see shades of grey in your neat little black and white world you might grow out of that sometime too.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:07 PM   #59
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Why are you being such an ass?
Old 08-23-2007, 05:44 PM   #60
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

if you think that calling all carjackers sociopaths and psychopaths is evidence of a clear perspective and deep thinking, then you need to start smoking some grass, my friend.

i don't see how an expectation that punishments meet crimes and that each individual is entitled to the same treatment under the law is evidence of my being sheltered or naive. in fact, it's because i live in the inner city that i know how poor people get screwed, time and time again, by the law and the courts and the police -- and no one cares, because so many people have the privileged "they're trash anyway" attitude -- that i'm actually keenly aware of situations like the one presented in the article.

but i guess that makes me anti-establishment?