Should we kill people for not killing people?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Irvine511 said:
Snowlock, i never mind what you actually say, but the manner in which you type is incredibly offensive. you really need to tone it down.
Irvine is right Snowlock, your level of condescension is really over the top and only likely to breed ill will towards you (not to mention it doesn't help your argument). I can see where a couple other posters have made unnecessarily snide remarks in this thread, and am asking everyone to stay calm and civil, but you in particular are really straying out of line here.

i'm just really torn apart by this. people know he is not guilty of killing anyone. why does he have to die? the guy that shot and killed him was already executed.

he hasn't even ever touched his daughter. not a hug, not a kiss. and he didn't do anything!!!!!

Sounds like a very sad mess: "...Kenneth Foster Jr. is scheduled to be executed in Texas later this month for the 1997 murder of Michael LaHood, though everybody — even prosecutors — concede that Foster was at the scene of the crime, but did not pull the trigger...." :huh:

O Canada.

Vincent Vega said:

So Europe has to get out more?

I can't help but think that some people look over at Europe and see the antichrist...though it's kinda cool to be the antichrist:wink:

I really can't get my head around any of the thinking for sentencing this man to death, it just isn't moral or even logical.

LJT said:

I can't help but think that some people look over at Europe and see the antichrist...though it's kinda cool to be the antichrist:wink:

I wholeheartedly agree. :D

:mac:

0_61_marijuana.jpg

or

kafka1.jpg

anyone?

So should we make robbery punishable by death for everyone, or just for black people?

CTU2fan said:
So should we make robbery punishable by death for everyone, or just for black people?

only if we already know that they're scumbags and would probably kill someone in the future.

"... never EVER take a life!" to quote a great man. And this goes both ways, for the criminal and the government.

I don't like pot and didn't read Kafka, yet. But I've once seen "The Metamorphosis" in a tiny theater in my former hometown, if that counts. :)

Irvine511 said:

only if we already know that they're scumbags and would probably kill someone in the future.

Gotcha. Adding "scumbaggery" to the list of capital offenses.

From what I've read about this he's apparently exhausted all of his appeals, so his only hope is a stay/pardon from the governor (not likely). I believe his date is August 30.

Not sure. I don't think so, but that's a total guess.

Mia - im with you It actually sickens me to think that people in places that could do something are like 'well.... have you signed all the paperwork? no? oh im sorry, its too late now, he'll just have to die'

As most people here know i am vehelmently against the death penalty in ALL situations. Nothing is learnt, nothing is gained, and as i've said again and again we live in a world where not everything is 100% right, and not everyone is a non judgemental person etc
This man was convicted to death because he rode in a car with another guy who killed someone? WTF? Seriously... how can that even BE??

Snowlock - i know you're trying to be all contrversial and that, but you are so far off the mark it isn't funny. Truth be told i'd rather live in a world with the guy in the story then in a world with someone like you. :shrug:

Snowlock said:
I know it's fun to be anti establishment, but you need to grow out of it sometime. You all do.

To make anger over one case into anti-establishment in general is a much bigger leap than any "leap" you claim for every single other person in this thread to have made.

There's a point when after 20-25 other people have posted, maybe they aren't all completely nuts and making huge leaps to be "anti-establishment."

Most of your comments have been very offensive. I don't desire to address them.

The key here is that there is no evidence. Your and a few others' hunches are what you have. The law that you claim "worked for once" here isn't based on hunches.

I know you're pro-DP, and that's your opinion, but sometimes you need to "grow out of" your blood thirst and actually see that there's no reason to kill this man.

Snowlock said:

Because the dude's a scumbag. I'm not the sort of person who believes all life is sacred. He was and is a burden on society and I'm all to happy to have him removed from it.

That's not to say I think this is how things should be done, period. This is more of a happy accident, like tripping on the sidewalk and finding a 5 dollar bill in the grass.

I hate predators, and I'm very happy to see them get theirs.

I haven't looked at this thread until now (because I knew where it would go), but Snowlock, you are one very creepy dude. :ohmy:

Snowlock said:
I know it's fun to be anti establishment, but you need to grow out of it sometime. You all do.

I question the maturity of anyone who still says "anti-establishment."

Death Penalty -

China
Iran
Pakistan
Somalia
Iraq
Sudan
Bangladesh
North Korea
Syria
United States of America

Last edited:
Slipstream said:
Death Penalty -

China
Iran
Pakistan
Somalia
Iraq
Sudan
Bangladesh
North Korea
Syria
United States of America

I'm anti-DP, but this is a little disingenious.

Singapore....Japan......

Correlation between DP and Homicide rate ? None

"I am concerned about Texas law that allows capital murder defendants to be tried simultaneously, and it is an issue I think the legislature should examine."

Good idea. :)

This was great news to come "home" to. However, I'm still alarmed at why he should even be given a life sentence. He's already served time for not doing anything. Time to set the man free!

Well...I dunno about that. Personally I think Mumia deserves another, and FAIR trial. I don't know if I'm at liberty to say whether I think he is innocent or guilty. But I like your enthusiasm :)

Mumia might actually be guilty, but that trial was a complete circus...guilty maybe, but beyond a reasonable doubt? No way.

My ex was a staunch republican, no holds barred pro-DP, the whole thing...until she read my copy of "Live from Death Row". Poof, no more republican, anti-DP, complete 180. It was amazing to see actually.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom