Should we kill people for not killing people? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2007, 01:57 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:35 AM
Why in the hell did I go into this thread?

I'm gonna puke.

Old 08-23-2007, 02:07 PM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Snowlock
Acording to the law, apparently it does. It's kind of nice when the law works the way it's supposed to for a change, even if it's by accident.
Unbelievable.

I'm not even going to quote your other posts in this thread.

Old 08-23-2007, 02:08 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

I wonder why some people get such satisfaction from the deaths of others. Even if they are guilty and even if they are human scum, I wonder what part of you as a human being is missing in order to feel so triumphant about it. It's kind of sad to me.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:10 PM   #19
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:35 AM
Quote:
And if you have a handgun and are out on this robbery tour thing, or as it's also known, CRIME SPREE, yeah, you're gonna kill someone.
Sorry, but that's utter bullshit. Are you honestly telling me that if someone is committing a crime and has a gun, their intention is to kill someone? Or that if a group of guys are out on a crime spree and one of them has a gun, everyone has the understanding that someone will get shot? Please.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:23 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:35 PM
Quote:

Please tell me you're kidding me. "Unknowningly"!? Do you think he was on his way to church that night? Do you think he was following that couple because he saw an amusing bumper sticker? No, you don't.
Reading comprehension?

The next sentence reads: "This case is a bit different." OK, the qualifier "a bit" is misplaced, you could leave that out. Still, it indicates that I wasn't describing that very situation in the paragraph above.

Quote:
They were on a robbery tour with a handgun. Are you really so innocent of a person as to think that having a handgun during a robbery tour wasn't part of the plan? And if you have a handgun and are out on this robbery tour thing, or as it's also known, CRIME SPREE, yeah, you're gonna kill someone.
Maybe where you live, but here, in fact, guns are rarely used.
You have to differentiate between who pulled the trigger, and who was accomplice. That's how it works normally. But apparently not in Texas, which is sad.

Quote:
Oh, I'm sure he's repented many times. And I'm unsure what you are referring to by remission, but if it's that the crime can never happen again, then at least by this person, mission accomplished. As to revenge, you or I can call it that, but to the families of the victims, it's called justice or closure. And it's really easy to sit there in your dorm room and judge them on that I'm sure.
We had this debate recently here in Germany regarding the RAF terrorists and whether it's right to release them from jail.

Most people agreed that the legal system has to be independent from the wishes of the victims, as of course they will hardly forgive the murderer that easily. But even between the wifes, sons and daughters of those killed reactions were different whether the top-level terrorists should get released, yet all agreed that you can't let them decide, but the legal system.
We abolished the death penalty.
But maybe that's another philosophy, and the death penalty debate is like the abortion debate, it will never end.

I don't ask the victims for remission, but the legal system, basically for lack of a better term in English.

Furthermore it's easy for you to judge every criminal and wish him the death penalty, as long as it's no relative or friend to yourself.

Quote:
Oh, and btw, those handguns in 1 & 3 cars? That's not even remotely accurate but still I'd bet most of those guns were to protect from people exactly like our poor "victim" here.
That's the figure I've read some while ago, maybe you have another one.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:37 PM   #21
She's the One

Local Time: 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
I wonder why some people get such satisfaction from the deaths of others.
Do they high-five each other on the way to church?
Old 08-23-2007, 02:39 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Snowlock I don't understand how you find the death penalty in this case justifiable. Foster did not kill the victim here. That guy has already been executed. Why should he get the death penalty if he didn't kill anyone? Many people go to jail for charges of being an accomplice or whatever. But this is different, he is being sentenced to death! Why should he be killed when he didn't even kill. Yes he fled, but people aren't sentenced to death for fleeing.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:42 PM   #23
She's the One

Local Time: 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by unico
Why should he be killed when he didn't even kill.
Because Texas never met an application of the death penalty it didn't like.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:59 PM   #24
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

Do they high-five each other on the way to church?
That's just idiotic.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:02 PM   #25
Refugee

Quote:
Snowlock I don't understand how you find the death penalty in this case justifiable. Foster did not kill the victim here. That guy has already been executed. Why should he get the death penalty if he didn't kill anyone? Many people go to jail for charges of being an accomplice or whatever. But this is different, he is being sentenced to death! Why should he be killed when he didn't even kill. Yes he fled, but people aren't sentenced to death for fleeing.
Because the dude's a scumbag. I'm not the sort of person who believes all life is sacred. He was and is a burden on society and I'm all to happy to have him removed from it.

That's not to say I think this is how things should be done, period. This is more of a happy accident, like tripping on the sidewalk and finding a 5 dollar bill in the grass.

I hate predators, and I'm very happy to see them get theirs.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:05 PM   #26
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Because the dude's a scumbag. I'm not the sort of person who believes all life is sacred. He was and is a burden on society and I'm all to happy to have him removed from it.

That's not to say I think this is how things should be done, period. This is more of a happy accident, like tripping on the sidewalk and finding a 5 dollar bill in the grass.

so are there other criminals/scumbags you'd just assume see lined up and shot into an open grave? what other crimes do you feel are worthy of the death penalty? car theft? robbery? rape? selling pot? certainly these things are burdens on society, should we just kill these criminals too? one strike and you're out?
Old 08-23-2007, 03:06 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

What makes him a predator? How is that worth KILLING him? What did he do wrong? He didn't hurt anybody.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:11 PM   #28
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent Vega

Reading comprehension?

The next sentence reads: "This case is a bit different." OK, the qualifier "a bit" is misplaced, you could leave that out. Still, it indicates that I wasn't describing that very situation in the paragraph above.

Reading comoprehension? CAREFUL. You see where I acknowledge you don't when I say "no, you don't." Someone needs to take their own advice, perhaps.

Quote:
Maybe where you live, but here, in fact, guns are rarely used. You have to differentiate between who pulled the trigger, and who was accomplice. That's how it works normally. But apparently not in Texas, which is sad.
No that's not how it works normally, necessarily. What about conspiracy cases when the guy who hires another guy gets a longer prison term than the guy who pulls the trigger. Or what about the guy who is serving a life sentance, the same as a killer, when all they did was rob a convenience store three times and got nailed on a three-strikes-you're-out law?

Quote:
Furthermore it's easy for you to judge every criminal and wish him the death penalty, as long as it's no relative or friend to yourself.
That's just it, no one I know, and lets not be so silly as to bring race into this, does this. Decent everyday human beings do not carjack. It's the sociopaths and the psychopaths that do this, and no amount of prison time is going to fix them. It's the rabid dog principle.

Quote:
That's the figure I've read some while ago, maybe you have another one.
Dude, I don't know where you got that figure from, be it yesterday or a while ago, it's b.s. How do I prove it? I ride in cars without guns every day. All kinds of people's cars.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:14 PM   #29
Refugee

Quote:

What makes him a predator? How is that worth KILLING him? What did he do wrong? He didn't hurt anybody.
Honestly? Why do you think he was following the victims' car?
Old 08-23-2007, 03:17 PM   #30
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

That's just it, no one I know, and lets not be so silly as to bring race into this, does this. Decent everyday human beings do not carjack. It's the sociopaths and the psychopaths that do this, and no amount of prison time is going to fix them. It's the rabid dog principle.

this is an incredibly naive statement.

would that the world were actually this simple. only bad people do bad things, and only good people do good things, and good people never do bad things.

that's how it is in Simple World.