Should the U.S. Bring All the Soldiers Home? - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2005, 09:35 PM   #31
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:34 AM
The Irish immigrant are the ones you were complaining about...and you were the one who brought in hypothetical criminals into.

There are a lot of Americans in CA who are ex-convicts and rapists. There are a lot of Americans everywhere who are ex-convicts and rapists. So I don't find that to be much of an arguement.

Maybe we should start by exiling our homegrown criminals....

Old 06-11-2005, 09:41 PM   #32
War Child

yes but you were combining my 2 arguments into one and twisting it around...and maybe we should exile all the criminals and send them somewhere like what they did with australia...lol!!!!

Old 06-11-2005, 09:44 PM   #33
Acrobat

Considering how well Oz has turned out, I might just go with them.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:13 PM   #34
War Child

lol....
Old 06-11-2005, 10:15 PM   #35
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by NYRangers78
lol....
That's pretty much how I respond to your posts.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:15 PM   #36
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

That's pretty much how I respond to your posts.
im heartbroken
Old 06-12-2005, 01:32 AM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 12:34 AM
Quote:
i just said they were yelling derogatory comments about america on more than one occasion
People who've lived in America their whole lives have done the same thing.

Also, in regards to immigrants, personally, I think we should just let people come here who want to come here (immigrants have to go through so much freakin' red tape to get here, and I think that's kinda silly). If they come here and then start causing trouble, then we find an adequate way to punish them. If they come here and don't cause trouble, then hey, no problems, life is good.

Angela
Old 06-12-2005, 01:35 AM   #38
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:34 PM
Should they be entitled to any benefits? if so will that put undue pressure on your system? if not then will it create a government sanctioned underclass?
Old 06-12-2005, 01:59 AM   #39
Refugee

Local Time: 09:34 AM
hmm maybe we should just get rid of the welfare so we wouldnt have to bother
Old 06-12-2005, 02:43 AM   #40
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:34 PM
I think that that only works in frontiers; once people start living in cities then taxes and welfare become more neccessary.

Still considerations such as that are important factors in immigration, if kept unchecked immigration can lead to bad results for both the immigrants who wind up with massive unemployment and lacking integration and for the countries which risk ethnic tensions and long term economic problems with unassimilated groups.
Old 06-12-2005, 10:34 AM   #41
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel

People who've lived in America their whole lives have done the same thing.

Also, in regards to immigrants, personally, I think we should just let people come here who want to come here (immigrants have to go through so much freakin' red tape to get here, and I think that's kinda silly). If they come here and then start causing trouble, then we find an adequate way to punish them. If they come here and don't cause trouble, then hey, no problems, life is good.

Angela
yes but at least theyre born here...what i dont get is why people would go out of their way to move to america and then badmouth it all over the place. if u dont like it, then go back to your country...if i moved to ireland or germany, i for sure wouldnt be yelling F GERMANY or F SCHROEDER on the street...or F IRELAND or F MCALEESE..
Old 06-12-2005, 10:36 AM   #42
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by all_i_want
hmm maybe we should just get rid of the welfare so we wouldnt have to bother

we should to an extent fix the welfare program ..years ago it was created for people who couldnt get a job and had a family...now? its for people to go out and have sex with 10 different people, have 9 babies with 9 different fathers and then my tax dollars go to pay for them while the mother does nothing all day but be a baby factory. nowadays, it just seems like way too many people take advantage of it..
Old 06-12-2005, 04:39 PM   #43
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:34 PM
Quote:
GOP Congressman Wants Troops Out of Iraq

By Associated Press

June 12, 2005, 4:39 PM EDT

RALEIGH, N.C. -- A Republican congressman who voted for the Iraq war said Sunday that "we've done about as much as we can do" in the country and that the reason for invading Iraq has proven false.

Rep. Walter Jones of North Carolina will be among the lawmakers introducing legislation this week calling for a timetable for the withdrawal of American troops in Iraq.

"When I look at the number of men and women who have been killed -- it's almost 1,700 now, in addition to close to 12,000 have been severely wounded -- and I just feel that the reason of going in for weapons of mass destruction, the ability of the Iraqis to make a nuclear weapon, that's all been proven that it was never there," Jones said on ABC's "This Week."

President Bush has said any timetable for withdrawal would encourage insurgents to wait for the foreign troops to leave, but Jones said he believed Iraqis can defend their own country.

His stance leaves Jones sided with Sen. Ted Kennedy of Massachusetts, the most prominent Democrat calling for a timetable to leave Iraq. Jones said he had not discussed the issue with Kennedy.

Two years ago, Jones helped lead an effort to make sure Capitol Hill cafeterias retooled their menus to advertise "freedom fries" instead of french fries to protest France's opposition to the war.

Jones said he began changing his mind about the war after attending the funeral in April 2003 for Sgt. Michael Bitz, 31, who was killed in the southern city of Nasiriyah. He recalled that Bitz's widow read the last letter she received from her husband.

"And that really has been on my mind and my heart ever since," he said.

Jones, whose district includes Camp Lejeune and Cherry Point, has written condolence letters to the families of more than 1,300 service people killed in Iraq, and posters outside his congressional office show the faces of those killed.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:28 AM   #44
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

we should to an extent fix the welfare program ..years ago it was created for people who couldnt get a job and had a family...now? its for people to go out and have sex with 10 different people, have 9 babies with 9 different fathers and then my tax dollars go to pay for them while the mother does nothing all day but be a baby factory. nowadays, it just seems like way too many people take advantage of it..

I believe a statement like this is based on prejudices and ignorance handed down from your elders.
Is it based on any real observations or knowlege?
Old 06-13-2005, 11:37 AM   #45
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by deep

I believe a statement like this is based on prejudices and ignorance handed down from your elders.
Is it based on any real observations or knowlege?
Is the evaluation of his statement based on prejudice and ignorance?