Should She Live or Die

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This case brings home the importance of making your wishes known, both legally and by talking with your loved ones. As sorry as I feel for this woman's parents, I can't help but think the money being spent on her care might better go to help someone who has a chance of recovery.

Sure, I'll try to do that :)

I think they might have transcripts available, but maybe they're not free :grumpy:

I will try my best to keep an open mind about him, but :hmm:

OK, I watched it..I'm a person who goes on intuition about people. I didn't like the guy, more accurately I guess, the way he came across on that show...

Laughing and w/ a smug smirk, inappropriate I thought considering the subject matter (he didn't seem nervous to me)

I didn't know he has a girlfriend and a child w/ her :|

Accdg to him, the ONLY reason her parents are fighting him is to "make his life a living hell" (it's all about him I guess and not because they can't give up hope that their daughter could improve).

Her Father is mad because he didn't get any money from the malpractice payout, and that's his sole motivation for fighting this

Larry asked him if he would take a lie detector test re Terri's statement that she wouldn't want to be kept alive, and he started to say maybe, until his lawyer said something to him.

I will read the transcript when they post it. There are many things that stood out that I can't recall right now.

Ugh, its difficult for me to feel sorry for this guy.
Thanks Mrs Springsteen. I'm going to keep checking the transcript link. Hopefully it will be up soon.

This case troubles me...As I understand it the husband has power of attorney and is entitled to make decisions concerning his wife. While I respect her parents desire to keep thier daughter alive they do not have power of attorney.
However, it kind of bothers me that the husband won't divorce her. I know he would be seen as a heartless bastard if he did but what is the real story about the settlement and life insurance?

I suppose I am sympathetic to both sides. If it were my sister/mother I would want the tube removed. ( I do not have children and don't plan on having any so I can not comment on how I would feel if it were my child)

I was wondering too what the real story is with these payouts he has been awarded or is entitled to. In the last link Mrs Springsteen posted he said there is only $50,000. Is that what is left or what he has been awarded so far? If it is what he has left he has something to answer for if none of this has gone toward keeping her medical costs paid as I was under the impression was her parents are saying.

It doesn't matter to us here, but by the sounds of it someone in her family cares and it seems to be a factor in what is fuelling this debate between them all anyway. Depending on who we are to believe, monetary gain has come up all too often in all these articles. If the husband by having power of attorney has ultimate control over her estate, his possible greed could be clouding this whole case. With any amount of $$$ you can buy a lawyer and doctor to back up your claim there is no hope for recovery.

Back
Top Bottom