Should Osama Be Innocent Until Proven Guilty?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
back to Osama and Terrorism...the laws on the books specifically deal with other nations, which was my point...not terrorist organizations that know no boundaries or governments. It is a totally different battle, and I am not trying to diminish one War crime from another.

melon said:

What the hell are you talking about? Of course, it is valid, and, of course, "innocent until proven guilty" DOES work for Osama bin Laden.

In fact, I think we have plenty of evidence to PROVE his guilt--audio tapes, video tapes, etc. So this question, in many ways, is a non-issue, if only because he's given us PLENTY of evidence to PROVE his GUILT.

Melon

Hmm, what I meant to say is that he's so GUILTY that the statement, "innocent until proven guilty" does not work because he is not innocent to begin with, and we all know that.
So what the hell are you talking about?

The answer is simple:

Beat osama bin laden to death with the remains of the world trade center.

slowly.

Northeast said:
:up: sounds grusome but thats what should be done......may he burn in hell

There is no doubt in my mind that that's what will happen. I normally shy away from calling God's shots, but it's tough to think of anything else happening to a :censored: :censored: :censored: like bin Laden.

Northeast said:

:up: sounds grusome but thats what should be done......may he burn in hell
Sometimes it is very tempting to sit down on the seat of God, i guess.

Rono said:
Sometimes it is very tempting to sit down on the seat of God, i guess.

I guess......thats they way I feel about it though
If I could have sat in the seat of god he would have been wiped off the face of the earth long ago....

I'm reminded why I stopped coming here.

I don't think he'll ever get caught alive if he can help it but-

yes, he should stand trial to international court. International law punishes the crimes, it does not concentrate so much on what the position of the person is or where the crime happened. If we can trial people who commited horrible acts (far worse than any terrorist attack) like the Nazis or ex-dictators and state leaders I don't see why the same can't happen to Bin Laden.
Yes terrorists don't follow the rules but we do, and until the world puts some acceptable-for-all list of rules on how to handle these things Rule of Law is all we've got.
(considering his Saddam comment, I think we all know where Bush stands as to what the punishment should be)

Bunbury said:
Hmm, what I meant to say is that he's so GUILTY that the statement, "innocent until proven guilty" does not work because he is not innocent to begin with, and we all know that.
So what the hell are you talking about?

:eyebrow:

He's only guilty, thanks to the mountain of evidence that proves the contrary. He isn't guilty, merely because Generalissimo Bush says so.

Melon

Moonlit_Angel said:

Nicely put.

If we do capture him, I say we throw him in jail for the rest of his life instead of put him to death. Let's see how tough he feels when he's with some of the other hardened criminals.

Angela

he's a wild beast, he wouldn't understand nothing

Back
Top Bottom