Should Obama accept McCain's idea of the two of them visiting Iraq???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
I personally think he should. First, he would learn more about what's happening there. Second, he would look more Presidential by accepting this invite. Third, it would be cool to see him and McCain together on a fact finding mission to Iraq. Fourth, it's simply the right thing to do and if he does not accept this it will haunt him in the fall. I see absolutely no negatives in him accepting this trip. Do you???

He should definitely go to Iraq once the primaries are over. Following McCains invite and going with him, however, wouldn't be a good idea as it would look like Obama is getting lectured by McCain. This why McCain did this stunt inviting Obama.

There were risks in the offer from McCain for McCain.

and there would be risks in Obama accepting for both McCain and Obama.

If Obama does not go at all
there is a lot of down side for him.

He should definitely get his body over there.

You're right, he alsmost HAS to go...what better a way to show you are willing to work with the other side than going with McCain. While he's at it he can talk to the soldiers over there about the G.I. Bill that McCain is voting against.

While he's at it he can talk to the soldiers over there about the G.I. Bill that McCain is voting against.

the Dems can make some hay with this

it is a bit dishonest

create a bill that is too expensive, and that will have enlisted men getting out much earlier than they are now.

we could have a bill that says GIs get $50,000 cash after serving one year

how many would opt out at one year?

Obama should go with some credible Dems that are strong on defense.

He should invite Lieberman, that worthless sack, it would be almost like going with McCain if he goes. :shrug:

And it wouldn't surprise me if he did say that.

but he didn't. so ... where do you go from here? is there more Red Army work you'd like to credit in order to stymie the landslide that's coming your way in the fall?

shall we talk about how Ronald Reagan told Yitzchak Shamir that he personally helped liberate the death camps -- through making a propaganda film? or the fact that McCain doesn't know who the head of Iran is? or that he doesn't know who we're actually fighting in Iraq?

his grandmother's brother helped liberate a Buchenwald sub-camp in April 1945. how this somehow plays into Obama's supposed inherent dishonesty -- he's a Muslim! he's a Communist! he's a radical black liberation christian! -- is beyond me.

but he didn't. so ... where do you go from here? is there more Red Army work you'd like to credit in order to stymie the landslide that's coming your way in the fall?

shall we talk about how Ronald Reagan told Yitzchak Shamir that he personally helped liberate the death camps -- through making a propaganda film? or the fact that McCain doesn't know who the head of Iran is? or that he doesn't know who we're actually fighting in Iraq?
OMFG Obama thinks that Hugo Chavez came to power because of Bush, what a retard.

:yawn:

Many conservative blogs say Obama is your next President.

And I do think Obama should go to Iraq and meet with the troops. This way he could get a real idea of what is going on, and hopefully, make reasonable decisions on the Iraq situation once he's in office.

Keep telling yourself that. All electoral college projections I've seen so far give McCain the victory.

it's June. Ross Perot would have been president in 1992.

and if all you can come up with is a few factual errors based on stories an uncle told him, it will be a tsunami.

at least the GOP nominated the only electable Republican. and, so far, i have been impressed by McCain's campaign insofar as he's denounced Bush and won't use Rovian tactics (thus far).

It is "small potatoes"
that he mixed up the death camps.

i've been to Auschwitz.

i felt no need to see Dacahu, or Buchenwald. it's not so much that you've seen one, you've seen them all, but more that if you've seen one, there's no need to see another.

i still have nightmares.

Which conservative blogs?

Here's one

Obama beat the Clintons like a drum tonight. And then he beat their sorry [deleted] again in this magnificent victory speech. Watch the speech. Really, watch: if this man gets his party's nomination, he's going to be the next president. By a landslide

Crunchy Con - Rod Dreher, Conservative blog, Beliefnet conservative politics and religion blog

From what I've heard, even Pat Buchanan is saying Obama is it.

it's June. Ross Perot would have been president in 1992.

and if all you can come up with is a few factual errors based on stories an uncle told him, it will be a tsunami.

at least the GOP nominated the only electable Republican. and, so far, i have been impressed by McCain's campaign insofar as he's denounced Bush and won't use Rovian tactics (thus far).

And remember all you Clintonites if it wasn't for Ross Perot there would never have been the "Clinton Years" - he stole most of the 18 - 19 million votes from George H.W. Bush. That's a helluva lot of votes considering how close Bush vs Gore was.

And remember all you Clintonites if it wasn't for Ross Perot there would never have been the "Clinton Years" - he stole most of the 18 - 19 million votes from George H.W. Bush. That's a helluva lot of votes considering how close Bush vs Gore was.

that is just a flat out silly claim

jesus, I was there in 92, I was 36

I know who the Perrot supporters were

I don't care what the right-wing AM radio talkers say.

Back
Top Bottom