Should Illegal Aliens Be Allowed to get Driver's Licenses? - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Should Illegal Aliens Be Allowed to get Driver's Licenses?
YES 5 22.73%
NO 17 77.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2003, 10:25 AM   #31
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:32 PM
the key term is illegal. there's a fine line between national security and "bring me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breath free." we're all decsendants of immigrants when it comes down to it, and this nation was built on immigration. but now immigration and our open society is also what's aiding those who are trying to bring us down. it's a hard thing to decide... like do we not make violent movies and video games because a handful of kids AND adults who have a few screws loose might try and emulate what they see? even though 99.9% of america can take it as just entertainment and not want to go out and pop a cap in somebody afterwords? do we close off our borders to immigrants in order to stop a miniscule number of people who are trying to destroy us? even though 99.9% of the people who come in will be honest, hard working people? to me, the answer to both is obviously no. but just like you've got ratings on movies and video games to restrict certain people from seeing the content, you have to have some sort of regulations or restrictions on immigration... and that has to begin with making sure that people enter this country legaly. sure, that's not an end all. some of the 9/11 hijackers were here on legal student visas. but that's more an intellegence failure than an immigration failure. but to start, and i know it's easier said than done, we have to start ensuring that the people who come into this nation do it in a legal manner, going through some sort of screening process. giving benefits to illegals only encourages more illegals to come over the border. frankly, i open any person who wants to come to america in order to taste our freedoms and privliges with open arms. but they should do it legally, and go through a screening process. long rambling answer i know... sorry.

Old 09-10-2003, 03:44 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:32 PM
Headache, you made some valid points.

Lost in this debate or discussion is whether this is a California only problem? How have other states and governors dealt with it?

What did W do when he was Gov of Texas and what does Texas do with this issue? The GOP controlls Texas state Government.

Old 09-10-2003, 04:42 PM   #33
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:32 PM
This is a problem in Texas as well, especially south Texas.
Old 09-10-2003, 04:51 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Davis' DL handout will create new problems for those legally trying to cross the border.

To re-enter into the US, a CA driver's license was all you needed for proof of citizenship.

Legal border crossings will take much more time next year.
Old 09-10-2003, 04:52 PM   #35
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:32 PM
Somehow it double posted, just ignore this....

LOOK AWAY, LOOK AWAY!
Old 09-12-2003, 03:07 AM   #36
Refugee

I voted yes, because it allows law enforcement personel to keep track of who is and isn't supposed to be here. It's a small step toward the aiding of traffic regulation, while not granting full-fledged citizenship.

It's important to remember that this doesn't include naturalization rights, welfare rights, or anything of that nature. It's simply a way of keeping track of people who drive automobiles. It may cut back on traffic accidents.
Old 09-12-2003, 10:43 AM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Danospano
I voted yes, because it allows law enforcement personel to keep track of who is and isn't supposed to be here. It's a small step toward the aiding of traffic regulation, while not granting full-fledged citizenship.
Actually, the DMV cannot share the information they receive. It will actually make it harder for law enforcement to determine "who is and isn't supose to be here."
Old 09-14-2003, 10:32 PM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
I tried to be more PC when I posted this thread in war by accident. Did this prevent you from voting?
yes it prevented me from voting, because i have no idea if aliens are supposed to have licenses for driving a UFO.
Old 09-14-2003, 11:46 PM   #39
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75

yes it prevented me from voting, because i have no idea if aliens are supposed to have licenses for driving a UFO.
I understood what you meant the first time...without the sarcasm
Old 09-15-2003, 12:09 AM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.

good
Old 09-15-2003, 12:12 AM   #41
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75

good
Old 09-15-2003, 12:26 AM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

oh come on. the mad spit is all you have!?
Old 09-15-2003, 11:21 PM   #43
Blue Crack Addict

here is a nice email joke

my Republican friends sent to me.

Old 09-17-2003, 11:24 AM   #44
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:32 PM
Con su permiso (with your permission)

I sent that photo to all of my Republican friends S/O the border. Each said "tell Deep WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' LICENSE"

Old 11-22-2003, 10:38 PM   #45
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:32 PM
Disciplined for E-mail Incident !!

Orange County Register - Nov. 22, 2003.. News page 16

"Workers Disciplined in E-mail Incident"

Salinas, CA -- Two Monterey County workers have been disciplined for an incident in which a racially disparaging cartoon about Mexican immigrants was sent on the county's e-mail system.

County officials said that that confidentiality rules prevent them from revealing their names or their punishment.

The e-mail was sent on 11/03/03 to about 3,200 county employee computers. It featured a bogus "Mexi-Fornia" driver license belonging to a sombrero-wearing bandit and it contained disparaging personal information about the "driver".

The incident drew widespread media attention and brought a hasty apology from county officers within minutes after the e-mail was posted on the county's internal system.

Hmm.....wonder where that came from??????