Should homosexual couples be able to adopt kids? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2002, 01:55 PM   #46
War Child

Local Time: 08:54 AM
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

oh and yes

Old 11-14-2002, 02:24 PM   #47
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:54 AM
Normal

Old 11-14-2002, 02:27 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:54 AM
martha, please remain respectful of pr0digy's opinions in here, they are respecting opposing points of view, please extend the same curtesy back.

And I really want to congratulate everyone on this thread, I'm getting a lot of good points in here we didn't think of in class, and we are, for the most part, being respectful.
Old 11-14-2002, 02:29 PM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs. Edge
I also can't believe people still think that being gay is a "choice of lifestyle".
While off the main topic, it was widely held by the gay community through the 60's and 70's that homosexuality was a lifestyle choice.
Old 11-14-2002, 03:01 PM   #50
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
But I honestly dont know if ALL homosexual couples should be able to adopt.
Well, my response here should be a given. Just as not ALL heterosexual couples are allowed to adopt for whatever reason, the same exact criteria should be given to prospective homosexual couples. Sexual orientation should be blind. And to assume that gays are all anti-God is ignoring the entire gay Christian movement, which is fairly prevalent. To ban gays from adopting simply because some people view it as going against their beliefs...well, then why can't I ban Protestants from marrying and adopting? In a conservative Catholic sense, Protestants could be seen as heretics themselves.

Melon
Old 11-14-2002, 03:17 PM   #51
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by pr0digy
it's called an opinion, look it up
but opinions don't make an argument. you have to have facts to back it up.

the one thing about homosexuality, is that no one's really sure how someone "gets it." are gays born that way or do they become gay? i myself am not sure which one it is. i suppose if someone were to put a gun to head and make me choose, i'd say it's something you're born with. those who may switch sexual orientations throughout their lives (david bowie, anyone?) were either confused or experimenting. even gays themselves have differing views as to how they became gay.

in my opinion, i think gay couples should be allowed to adopt. however, they need to make sure they understand that every child needs positive role models for each gender, so if it's two men raising a child, they'll need at least one positive female in the child's life, and vice versa. single parents have been doing it longer (raising children in a single-sex environment, and hopefully having a positive role model of the opposite sex) and they're still allowed to keep their children, or even in some cases adopt, so i don't see why two people of the same sex can't have this opportunity as well.
Old 11-14-2002, 03:50 PM   #52
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilly
martha, please remain respectful of pr0digy's opinions in here, they are respecting opposing points of view, please extend the same curtesy back.
I'm trying to. I am. Really.
Old 11-14-2002, 03:58 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by pr0digy
Well I'll probably get flamed for this, but

Hell no!
That's evil and wrong!

Children need a mother and a father, because both offer different things to a child!

They can be loved, raised well etc etc but it's still wrong, it wasn't Gods intention.

I find that extremely disgusting, and I feel sorry for the child!
Lilly,

To label people evil and extremely disgusting is not respectful.

Prodigy's second post was tolerable.
Old 11-14-2002, 04:00 PM   #54
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

While off the main topic, it was widely held by the gay community through the 60's and 70's that homosexuality was a lifestyle choice.
That may be true. But it's the 21st century. Anyone who thinks that sexuality is a 'choice' need only imagine trying to 'choose' being other than what they are. If you are straight, imagine 'choosing' to be gay. Imagine 'choosing' to be sexually attracted to the same sex.
Old 11-14-2002, 04:03 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
I like what The_Sweetest_Thing, Mrs. Edge, and FizzingWhizzbees said in particular. They're absolutely right.

Angela
Old 11-14-2002, 04:54 PM   #56
ONE
love, blood, life

Kudos to all on both sides....

This is a good thread.......

I can only speak of my experiences as a teacher.
I would love for all of my students to go home to a safe and loving environment. The reality is that many of the kids I see on a daily basis are not going home to this situation. It is sad. It saddens me to see so many children, who, with a little love and guidence could have a future so bright.

The reality of the job of teaching is, that within two years of leaving my classroom, any positive influence I have made on the child, is gone in most cases. I wish I could find the study I read that in, or I would link it to you all here.

The home is where it has to come from. Being Gay/Straight/Lesbian has nothing to do with your ability to raise and parent a child. I would love to see some of these children in homes where LOVE and guidance are given on a daily basis. they would soar.

Pax wants to start a by having a nation where we have ethics we can be proud of. What is wrong with being proud that we want people who will love and nurture a child to be a parent?

I try not to bring work home with me.....but today was a particularly bad day for me at school. As concervative as some of you think I am......This topic is near and dear to my heart..........

In most cases.....it is easy to create a life.......That does not make you a parent, a father or a mother. There are plenty of people who would make excellent parents...that could provide a home for a child.

Peace
Old 11-14-2002, 06:05 PM   #57
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:54 PM
[ignorant white trash]

Them homo-sexuals is filthy disgusting perverts, all tryin to take over the world! Any homo-sexual couple tryin to adopt a kid is tryin to corrupt his young mind! They's all goin ta hell!

[/ignorant white trash]

In reality homosexuality is not a learned behavior. There has never been any study establishing that as fact. Most studies, however, show that homosexuality is like left-handedness. It's not the norm, but it happens. It's not a bad thing.

Studies also have shown that children raised by homosexual parents tend to be more loved and more well-rounded than adopted by married couples.

Furthermore, heterosexual white males make up the vast majority of child molestors, not homosexuals, as some may have us believe.

It is my belief that it is better for a child to be raised by a gay couple than to be bounced around in a foster home or aborted. If you ask me, I think the world would be a much better place if homosexuality was the norm.
Old 11-14-2002, 06:09 PM   #58
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by Not George Lucas

If you ask me, I think the world would be a much better place if homosexuality was the norm.
There are some things I would miss.
Old 11-14-2002, 06:15 PM   #59
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:54 PM
I wouldn't have everyone be gay. There'd be some heteros, but they'd be the minority.

IMHO, that's where God went wrong.
Old 11-14-2002, 06:15 PM   #60
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

There are some things I would miss.

Me too.....

This one time at band camp.... there was this girl named Ma.....

:::: DUCKING FOR COVER::::::