Should homosexual couples be able to adopt kids? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2002, 07:42 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:24 AM
In my hometown in New Jersey, there is a very well-known gay couple who have two boys (adopted). I believe they were once voted co-fathers of the year for fathers day. I come from a fairly conservative town too.

Yes, to answer your question.

Old 11-13-2002, 07:43 PM   #17
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 07:24 AM
Yes they should. No details, but I'm going to agree with what Gina Marie said.

Love, stability and an actual desire to raise children is more important to me than sexual preference.

I know several people who were raised by gay parents and they are normal, well adjusted human beings with no major problems due to their parents sexual orientation.

Old 11-13-2002, 08:46 PM   #18
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Sweetie pies.......

Quote:
Originally posted by deep
BLSlave,

A lot of children are reared in less than ideal situations.
The question was not, Is this the most ideal?
Many singles are adopting now.

I don't want to live in a country were laws are made by what some people think *God's* intentions are.

I do want to live in a world with BLSlave and the freedom for her to express her opinions.
Thanks deep - sorry honey, but I can't wait to get to heaven (not exactly a country, I guess) when everything will be as it should be because God's ideals will finally be in place, all of the time, with no more orphans, no more tears, no more hate, no more bad anything.
I know that alot of kids grow up in less than ideal situations - mine was one of them, and my parents were actually together 'til I was 16. I know that singles are adopting as well, and as I said at the bottom of my post, as long as the child's needs can be met, and the adult is not a child molester etc., I think any child is better off in a personal relationship rather than being just a number in the orphanage or foster care system.

Quote:
Originally posted by RavenStar
[ramble]
And about the "god's intention" thing. If God is so "powerful" why are there homosexuals in the first place. If God "doesnt want" homosexuals cos they go against God's intentions then why are there homosexuals in the first place? If God wants children to have a mother and a father then why doesnt he wriggle his nose and make it so? Some people call homosexuality "unnatural" and such but what is natural?
Raven, my darling sweetheart, unfortunately that is a whole 'nother hornet's nest, but let me just say this:
God is powerful, but He gives us choice. If He didn't give us choice, we would be nothing more than robots. I don't know precisely why God allows there to be widows and orphans and all sorts of bad things that happen in the world, but I do know that we are only seeing a very teeny-tiny piece of the puzzle - everything happens for a reason. God had a grand and perfect plan when He created the world, and alot of things changed when Adam and Eve made their choice way back when. There are so many things that happen in this world that absolutely break His heart, and sometimes (many times) I don't understand why He allows things to happen. But as a Christian, He has promised me that all things work together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. I may not understand alot of things, but I am trusting that He is still in control and even if it seems really bad, it's all gonna work out in the end.

*waits patiently with fire extinguisher*
Old 11-13-2002, 09:29 PM   #19
She's the One

Yas, gay people should adopt children and raise them in a loving, stable home. It doesn't matter if it's a couple or one person. As long as the child is loved, fed, loved, sheltered, loved, helped with homework, loved, defended, loved, disciplined, and loved, it just doesn't matter.
Old 11-13-2002, 10:03 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:24 AM
Normal

No.
Old 11-13-2002, 10:12 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 09:24 AM
Why do you say "no", diamond? Just curious.

I definitely support homosexual couples adopting children. I don't see any reason why they can't. Your being a good parent shouldn't be based on your sexual preference.

To BLS, you mentioned something about a strong male and female influence in a child's life-homosexual couples can find friends that will help aid that influence for the child-a lesbian couple can have a close guy friend there for the male influence, and vice versa, there's a solution to that problem.

Angela
Old 11-13-2002, 10:23 PM   #22
The Fly

Local Time: 01:24 AM
Well I'll probably get flamed for this, but

Hell no!
That's evil and wrong!

Children need a mother and a father, because both offer different things to a child!

They can be loved, raised well etc etc but it's still wrong, it wasn't Gods intention.

I find that extremely disgusting, and I feel sorry for the child!
Old 11-13-2002, 10:44 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by pr0digy

Hell no!
That's evil and wrong!

Children need a mother and a father, because both offer different things to a child!

They can be loved, raised well etc etc but it's still wrong, it wasn't Gods intention.

This is why I hate these threads. I was waiting for the rabid heterosexist response.

I find you extremely disgusting. God told me so.

Melon
Old 11-13-2002, 11:02 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

What does it take for good people to support evil?---Religion
Old 11-13-2002, 11:02 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by melon

This is why I hate these threads. I was waiting for the rabid heterosexist response.

Melon
Ditto (go, Melon!).

Angela
Old 11-13-2002, 11:20 PM   #26
She's the One

I don't think this a flame. But I may be wrong.

Quote:
Originally posted by pr0digy

Hell no!
That's evil and wrong!

You're right. Kids should get shuttled from foster home to foster home to group home, then put out to fend for themselves when they turn 18 and the state is no longer responsible for them. That is preferable to years of love, caring, and nuturing. And yes, prodigy, EVERY child in my class has a mother and a father. Sure! Since that's the way your God intended it, that's the way reality is!! Yep, and these perfect parents love and respect their children, too! Yeah, and they don't mistreat them or abuse them, either, because your God told them not to! Everything's perfect here.
Old 11-13-2002, 11:22 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Re: I don't think this a flame. But I may be wrong.

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

EVERY child in my class has a mother and a father.
Martha....where are you teaching? Every child in my class over 7 years has come from the perfect two parent home. The fathers are especially supportive, and attend conferences...

And I think to myself.....

What a wonderful world!!!!!!

Peace
Old 11-13-2002, 11:24 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by melon

Melon
Melon, I find you extremely disgusting. The Edge told me so.

But to answer the question--yes, I think it should be legal. It's better than having one parent (I should imagine that even the most conservative person's objections to gay parenthood should pale in comparison to his objections to absentee parenthood, which is legal) and a hell of a lot better than having zero parents (which the child to be adopted currently has).

Well, back to work. See you all next month/year/whenever.
Old 11-13-2002, 11:28 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Hey, speedracer!
Old 11-14-2002, 12:41 AM   #30
Kid A

while I wish every child could have a wonderful, safe and happy family experience with a mother, a father and pet dog, the simple fact is there are millions of mother/father combinations that have no business raising children; there are also millions of kids out there who desperately need caring, loving, supportive homes/families -- homosexual couples have proven they are perfectly capable of filling this urgent need in a responsible and nurturing way