Should he be allowed Clemency?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060119/ap_on_re_us/american_taliban

John Walkers parents are asking President Bush to Pardon their son John Walker Linh(American Taliban) to be set free. They claim he was on a spiritual Journey.

No way Bush would give clemency. As far as reducing his sentence I would mabey if he was being a model inmate and has given much vital info. Bush also probably will not reduce his 20 year sentence.

Clemency - or a desire to renegotiate his deal? John Walker Lihn was represented by a powerful Bay Area attorney. There must have been quite a case against Lihn for them to agree to a 20 year sentence.

He was young and looking for himself and happen to be very impressionable. He never actual raised arms or took action against the US, I think his conviction was a little bloated to begin with...

I figure any debate here is useless, considering Bush would never commute or reduce his sentence in a million years. It would come across as a sign of weakness.

Melon

:scratch:

1) doesn't clemency require some new evidence?

2) isn't clemency a mute point if the guy plead guilty?

Clemency is not the same as a reduced sentence. I don't have a problem with a reduced sentence, but clemency...I don't think so.

Back
Top Bottom