She Did it For Love - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2005, 04:17 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:27 PM
She Did it For Love

Throw anything at the wall and try to make it stick as a defense I guess Yes people do bizarre and totally inappropriate things because they are in love, but abusing and degrading other human beings is not one of those usual things. It embarrasses me as a woman to to see another woman say something like this as a defense for such horrific behavior. Yes I am completely sympathetic about women who have abusive and controlling boyfriends and do certain things as a result, but this is not the same thing..not that I can see by any possible stretch of the imagination. Even if he was controlling and abusive, how could she turn around and participate in the abuse of others like that?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/09/22/ab....ap/index.html

"Lynndie England's lawyer said the Army private was a lovestruck woman who posed for photos of detainee abuse at Abu Ghraib prison to please her boyfriend, an older soldier who outranked her."

Old 09-22-2005, 07:29 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:27 PM
Re: She Did it For Love

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Even if he was controlling and abusive, how could she turn around and participate in the abuse of others like that?
I just see a girl who isn't too bright.

Old 09-23-2005, 06:51 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:27 PM
It's the most stupid reason she could give to explain what she did...

Mixing love & this is a dirty world against love.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:41 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by lady luck

Mixing love & this is a dirty world against love.
Yes indeed, and one pathetic excuse for horrific behavior. Now she's naive too..

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/09/22/ab....ap/index.html

Frederick said England was naive and completely devoted to Graner, who was convicted in January and was sentenced to 10 years in prison.

"Did she do everything he asked?" Capt. Jonathan Crisp, lead defense lawyer, asked during cross-examination.

"Pretty much, yes," replied Frederick, a former staff sergeant.

Graner, who testified for the defense, said England was generally compliant and trusted him. She had no reason to believe he would do anything "illegal or inappropriate," he said. England has said Graner fathered her son while they were deployed.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:28 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

now it's the school psychologist's fault

Psychologist: I Failed Abu Ghraib Soldier

By T.A. BADGER, Associated Press Writer

A West Virginia school psychologist said Friday that he realized he had failed Lynndie England when he saw the Army private posing in prisoner abuse photos at Abu Ghraib.

Thomas Denne, who had worked with England since early childhood, testified that he and other educators focused too much on getting the mild-mannered girl through school and not enough on providing her with real-life skills.

"Maybe I thought, 'I didn't shoot high enough for Lynndie England,'" said Denne, who works for the Mineral County school system. "Maybe I thought, 'We should have taught her how to think.'"

Denne's testimony supported England's core defense that she was overly compliant and she did what her soldier boyfriend, Pvt. Charles Graner, told her.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:50 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:27 PM
Now, please tell me how's possible that a soldier passes a training for the army and still he/she is naive and has a weak personalities??