Sharon Suffers a Cerebral Hemorrhage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nbcrusader

Blue Crack Addict
Sharon Suffers a Cerebral Hemorrhage

Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon suffered a cerebral hemorrhage Wednesday and was receiving breathing assistance while under general anesthetic, a hospital official said. Power was transferred to his deputy.

Sharon, 77, suffered a "significant" stroke and was brought to Jerusalem's Hadassah Hospital from his ranch in the Negev desert, an official said. Channel 2 TV said Sharon was suffering from paralysis in his lower body and was taken into the hospital on a stretcher.

"Sharon reportedly is 5-foot-7 and weighs more than 300 pounds, but doctors checking him last month said he otherwise was in good health."

Sorry, but if you're 5'7" and 300 lbs you cannot be in "otherwise good health."

edited to say I don't mean to sound cold. I just don't know what else to say.

Last edited:
I am very sorry to hear of this. I have never liked Sharon the politician, but he's a human being with a family like the rest of us. I hope he makes a full recovery from this condition and my prayers are with him, his family, and his country.

There will be a changing of the guard, the situation on each side will continue to progress and hopefully for the better.

While a lifelong hardliner he was on the verge of something that just might have worked.

Too hardline for my liking, good soldier in his day mind.

deep said:
Will Perez be the best person to lead the new Kadima party

or perhaps Mofaz

First of all, thanks for your comments at this very difficult time for our country.

The leader of the Kadima party will now be Mr. Ehud Olmert, who is now the acting prime minister. Ariel Sharon's powers were transferred to Olmert last night when it became clear that Sharon must be anesthesized and operated on, and that he would no longer be able to fulfill his duties as prime minister.

We are hoping that Ariel Sharon makes it through this ordeal, however we are very aware that his term of office effectively ended last night.

Again, thanks for your comments.

Bless his family.

Another asshole comment from PR

Robertson: Sharon punished for dividing Israel

The Rev. Pat Robertson said Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon is being punished by God for dividing the Land of Israel. Robertson, speaking on the “700 Club” on Thursday, suggested Sharon, who is currently in an induced coma, and former Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, assassinated by an Israeli extremist in 1995, were being treated with enmity by God for dividing Israel. “He was dividing God’s land,” Robertson said. “And I would say, Woe unto any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the E.U., the United Nations or the United States of America. God says, This land belongs to me. You better leave it alone.”

financeguy said:
While a lifelong hardliner he was on the verge of something that just might have worked.

Yeah, hopefully what looked like some progress won't be lost...who knows, maybe having both Sharon and Arafat out of the picture (I didn't say dead) might be good for the peace process. :slant:

(hope he recovers though, thoughts to his family, etc)

I'm starting to think a condemnation from Pat Robertson might actually be a positive boost for a politician :wink:

VertigoGal said:

Yeah, hopefully what looked like some progress won't be lost...who knows, maybe having both Sharon and Arafat out of the picture (I didn't say dead) might be good for the peace process. :slant:

I'm not sure. His change of heart (bad word choice) last year paved the way for potential peace. His absence, if it happens, will be felt throughout the Middle East, and immediately with the Palestinians and their elections.

I can't stand Pat Robertson. I am sure God is getting sick of him too and will show no mercy on him.:mad:

Justin24 said:

The President of Iran wishes him dead.

Is there anyone out there who doesn't consider this guy to be a total nutbag?

angelordevil said:

I'm not sure. His change of heart (bad word choice) last year paved the way for potential peace. His absence, if it happens, will be felt throughout the Middle East, and immediately with the Palestinians and their elections.

True, I am not all that familiar with Israeli politics so I am not sure how they will react to Sharon's imminent death...If this Kadima party can be successful & the work toward peace continues in this direction without him, it may be able to accomplish the same thing it would have, but with less suspicion from Palestinians who are bitter towards Sharon.

But again I don't know how Israelis will react to this or whether his new party can survive wihtout him.

Any uncertainty in that region will not be good for either Israelis or Palestinians.

sami0201 said:

:yes: isn't he the one who recently said that the Holocaust never happened :|

unfortunantly i think quite a few people have said that :| but i don't remember him saying that (he may have though)

he did call for the Venezuela President Hugo Chávez to be assasinated though :down:

anitram said:

Is there anyone out there who doesn't consider this guy to be a total nutbag?
I think of him more as a hard wedge being used by the mullahs to get their nuclear weapons, the international community will be dumbfounded long enough for the country to get the weapons and then, then they can go back to revolutionary basics by getting pre-medieval on their dissidents.

Back
Top Bottom