Sharon Suffers a Cerebral Hemorrhage - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2006, 05:21 AM   #31
Refugee

Local Time: 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sami0201

isn't he the one who recently said that the Holocaust never happened
Yep, he called it a "myth", and said that if Europe and the USA believed so strongly in the Holocaust's occurence then they should take in the Jewish people, and get them out of the Middle East .

That guy enrages and scares the crap outta me.

Old 01-08-2006, 07:41 AM   #32
Refugee

Local Time: 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by VertigoGal

True, I am not all that familiar with Israeli politics so I am not sure how they will react to Sharon's imminent death...If this Kadima party can be successful & the work toward peace continues in this direction without him, it may be able to accomplish the same thing it would have, but with less suspicion from Palestinians who are bitter towards Sharon.

But again I don't know how Israelis will react to this or whether his new party can survive wihtout him.
Again, thank you very much for all your comments. I can't speak for all Israelis but I can say personally that I would be devastated if Sharon should die (G-d forbid).

You may either like or hate him but one thing cannot be disputed - he was the ONLY Israeli prime minister to actually dismantle settlements - a thing that not even Yitzchak Rabin did.

When he first came to power in 2001, I was deeply frightened of him because I saw him as a hardliner who would get us involved in another middle-Eastern war. Therefore, I didn't vote for him.

Throughout the years since, I have seen Sharon lead this country and deal effectively with the terrorists (although the first years of his term were some of the bloodiest in Israel's history). Sharon systematically went after the terrorist leaders and the rate of bombings in our country has gone down significantly due to his agressive policy.

That, combined with the building of the security fence, helped give Israelis a renewed sense of security - thanks to Sharon.

Israelis have accepted the fact that he will no longer be our prime minister, however we DO hope that he comes out of this with as little damage as possible.

The fact is that Sharon is one of our most popular prime ministers ever. Whatever he did he did for the good of our country.

Old 01-08-2006, 11:29 AM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Someone stick a sock in Pat Robertson's mouth.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:35 AM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by sami0201

isn't he the one who recently said that the Holocaust never happened
Yes, the President of Iran recently said the Jews made up the Holocaust story. The guy's a complete nutjob.