Sexual Roulette

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
Americans playing risky game of sexual roulette: survey

Americans are playing a risky game of sexual roulette, according to a new poll that found only 39 percent of respondents always ask a new lover if they are infected with HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.

The new poll by Zogby for MSNBC.com also found that 73 percent of respondents were involved in a monogamous relationship and 66 percent of those surveyed had had unprotected sex while under the influence of alcohol.

Just 39 percent of respondents to the online survey, conducted between September 12 to 16, said they always asked whether a new partner is infected with HIV or other sexually transmitted diseases.

Thirty-one percent said they never discuss the touchy issue with a new partner, according to a summary of the survey findings published on MSNBC.com.

The same survey also found that 15 percent of Americans had paid someone for sex, and 25 percent of those surveyed anonymously in the online poll had sex three times a week or more, while 20 percent made love fewer than twice a month.

Some 35 percent of respondents said they had been with between one and five sexual partners, while 19 percent said they had gone through more than 25 partners.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/10/10/051010210156.p09fnvda.html

[Q]while 19 percent said they had gone through more than 25 partners. [/Q]

I cannot fathom having 25 or more partners......

Dreadsox said:
[Q]while 19 percent said they had gone through more than 25 partners. [/Q]

I cannot fathom having 25 or more partners......

Well, I have fathomed it....just cannot picture it in reality...:D

i ask. every time.

i use a condom. every time.

i don't do drugs. and when i drink, i do not have intercourse.

i'm also suspicious of online surveys. people tend to exaggerate. trust me when i say that 8 inches is not always 8 inches.

(kidding! kidding!)

Dreadsox said:

Americans are playing a risky game of sexual roulette, according to a new poll that found only 39 percent of respondents always ask a new lover if they are infected with HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.

I'm slightly curious as to what the significance of asking is.

I mean, the type of person who would choose to be dishonest will be dishonest one way or another, whether you ask or you don't. :huh:

Irvine511 said:

i'm also suspicious of online surveys. people tend to exaggerate. trust me when i say that 8 inches is not always 8 inches.

Especially when using the metric side of the ruler.:mad:

^ :laugh:

I'm not surprised. American's don't care about a lot of things :shrug: what else is new. They're not all U2 fans... but even then............

Well, I guess this is another reason to justify doing things the way I choose. And also, I suppose this is just one more "pro" for monogamy.

:rockon:

it's a pity there aren't more U2 fans in the world, or america, as this applies only to you lot, to even up this morality imbalance!

Angela Harlem said:
it's a pity there aren't more U2 fans in the world, or america, as this applies only to you lot, to even up this morality imbalance!

:lmao::love:

Maybe this is evidence that U2 don't tour the US enough.

Anyway, I would always question the accuracy of a survey about sex.

U2 could probably do a lot to help you morally constipated people. infact, i'm sure they could.

:hug: :angel: :bono:

oh...except bono is being influenced by australians and has begun throwing phones in fits of tantrum. and he expected a nobel!
:tsk:

I think he should have busted out that crobar like he said on Conan. That would show them that he means busines; :angry:

For Honor said:
I think he should have busted out that crobar like he said on Conan. That would show them that he means busines; :angry:

:rockon:

"When Bonos Attack" -comming to a theater near you!

:wink:

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Ignorance is bliss:|

and AIDS kills.

I agree w/ many of you on here, that I don't trust these random on-line s@x polls. I don't think the results can be accurate.

Irvine511 said:
i ask. every time.

i use a condom. every time.

i don't do drugs. and when i drink, i do not have intercourse.

(kidding! kidding!)

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom