Sex Without Restrictions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any sex without the presence of love is definately against my code of conduct.

"Anything goes

Anytime

With anyone"

A code of conduct such as this does not lead to a happy life.

While STD's and pregnancy are considered, people often fail to balance the emotional costs against the physical benefits.

My code - it is for my wife and only my wife.

There's an area of my town I drive thru each day going home and there are several prostitutes working that area. I really never think about it but yesterday, I saw a truck pull over and a young asian girl get in. I thought what might happen to her, what kind of a man needs a prostitute, how lonely both really are. Sex without love is just not good. I remember when I was young, once you gave in to your partner, they quickly lost interest. They got what they wanted & moved on.

sex is sex.

love is love.

sex does not need love; love does not need sex

sex with love is best. for some it is the only way. for others, both are experiences to be relished, the good and the bad, for they are at the very core of our human-ness.

we are all different, and to assume that one way works for all is as foolish as thinking that no one need to think twice about their sexual decisions. all we can do is, as a society, equip people with as much knowledge as possible; as parents, to instill whatever values we believe our chidlren will need.

and then, we need to let people make their own decisions, to forgive when they screw up, and to celebrate when they are happy.

my standard of conduct is a constant evaluation of factors that inform my ultimate decision to have sex or not. what matters most is that both partners enter into the act with the same set of expectations. that, and protection is always, always used.

For myself, I can only imagine sex with someone I care for. Until recently I'd also add, "and only someone I see myself with for a long-term run", but some time ago realised that I may make exceptions to that rule.

shart1780 said:
With my wife and my wife only (when I get one that is).

Hippies annoy me.

I didn't realize that everyone on Jerry Springer and Maury Povich looking for paternity tests are "hippies."

Melon

Irvine511 said:
sex is sex.

love is love.

sex does not need love; love does not need sex

sex with love is best. for some it is the only way. for others, both are experiences to be relished, the good and the bad, for they are at the very core of our human-ness.

we are all different, and to assume that one way works for all is as foolish as thinking that no one need to think twice about their sexual decisions. all we can do is, as a society, equip people with as much knowledge as possible; as parents, to instill whatever values we believe our chidlren will need.

and then, we need to let people make their own decisions, to forgive when they screw up, and to celebrate when they are happy.

my standard of conduct is a constant evaluation of factors that inform my ultimate decision to have sex or not. what matters most is that both partners enter into the act with the same set of expectations. that, and protection is always, always used.

:applaud: Well done, irvine... extremely well expressed. Couldn't agree more.

melon said:

I didn't realize that everyone on Jerry Springer and Maury Povich looking for paternity tests are "hippies."
:lol: Maybe "sexies" is a better word.. or "heaters"... I dunno. There's no officially nice way to refer to those types.

shart1780 said:
With my wife and my wife only (when I get one that is).

Hippies annoy me.

this is what i don't get.

in describing my own sort of sexual attitude, which many agreed with, your belief that it is only for marriage is fully embraced. if that's what you feel you need to be happy, and if that's what you feel sex is for, and only for, i embrace that. but people who don't share your highly specific viewpoint "annoy" you, and then you mis-label them with the convenient word "hippie."

what's the deal? why can there only be one way?

Irvine511 said:

but people who don't share your highly specific viewpoint "annoy" you, and then you mis-label them with the convenient word "hippie."

what's the deal? why can there only be one way?

Absolutely. And if that's the case I know a lot of staunch Republican wall street types that are "hippies" and all this time they've been calling other people hippies. Interesting I'll have to tell them that word is reserved for everyone who has sex outside marriage.

Talk about annoying.:rolleyes:

sex is created for marriage. love grows out of it in that relationship. if our relationship to God is like a marriage, this is why God is known as a "jealous God" when we have other idols and gods in our life. God knows He is the source of the best good for us and wants the best for us. If we are looking outside of Him, we get cheated. It's the same way if you're married. Your wife wants you for her only. She'd cheapen herself if she passively let you go off with anyone else. She knows she's the best and the only one for you :)

seankirkland said:
sex is created for marriage. love grows out of it in that relationship. if our relationship to God is like a marriage, this is why God is known as a "jealous God" when we have other idols and gods in our life. God knows He is the source of the best good for us and wants the best for us. If we are looking outside of Him, we get cheated. It's the same way if you're married. Your wife wants you for her only. She'd cheapen herself if she passively let you go off with anyone else. She knows she's the best and the only one for you :)

oh yes, this must be right. for everyone. no exceptions. it's great that you know what God wants, and intends, and knows. thanks for clearing all this up -- and to think, without god, i'm sure i would have lost my self in a moral abyss of cheap sex and STDs because i am totally incapable of thinking for myself and making sound judgments based upon experience, knoweldge, trial and error, and learning from the experiences of others.

it's also great that you know what all wives want as well.

some of us, however, are highly unlikely to ever have wives.

but i guess we'll just become priests, because the repression of sexuality works really well.

whoa, dude. I didn't claim any of that tripe. I'm just saying what's in the Word and what I've learned from life and from a good, kind God who wants the best for us all. And that's not to say that you couldn't make sound judgements. Common sense is a blessing, for sure.

Sorry, I was just trying to add some wisdom from what I'd learned. Didn't know I was going to get the sarcastic smack-down that I got.

And what wife wouldn't want a husband only for herself? That's the whole point.

I actually know women who would prefer not to be tied down to one man. Which doesn't mean they sleep with just anybody, they just prefer not to be in a committed relationship. I even have a woman friend who is my parents age (70) and she says she wishes her husband would find someone else to sleep with. She loves him, she wants to stay with him, but she can't accomodate that part of their relationship anymore and wants him to be happy in that area. There are many different approaches to sexuality as long as people are considerate and open it seems to work out fine.

There are also people who are afraid to commit to one person because it's such a great risk and there might be some major, past hurt in a relationship that makes it difficult to do so easily. It's not at all easy, by any means, to keep yourself committed to one person for your whole life (in fact, I believe it's impossible without the help of God). That's not our nature to give ourselves selflessly, time and time again, to forgive, to see the best in another person. Marriage, including sex in marriage, is all about giving of yourself to another, in trust, putting that other person ahead of yourself in consideration.

I also know that when you have sex with a person, you're joined to them in a complex way, forever, on a number of different levels: physically, emotionally, and spiritually. That's the way it was created. So, when you've chosen to touch that level of someone else's spirit, mind, and body, you form a "soul tie" with that person. It's extremely powerful, as it should be. Our society has sold us out, making sex out to be a surface recreation that has no lasting parameters beyond what you feel in the moment.

I love the idea of a "soul tie" unfortunately, in my experience that is not always what occurs. Also, my parents have stayed committed for forty-eight years without a belief in God. I don't think that God is what keeps people committed, anymore than God is what is behind all "good works". But, if she helps you, I say you should believe in her.

I do see many of God's characteristics as being "feminine." However, I don't think God is a "she" just as much as God is not a "he." God is the embodiment of both, as both are created by him. So, he or she would fit, although neither truly does God justice. It doesn't mean that God couldn't have masculine characteristics (because we all know that men are bad and evil ;) . I think we call God "he" because it's a personal pronoun as opposed to "it." Plus, if God is a Father then "he" would fit with this. However, I don't think God doesn't have the maternal side to His character. He has both!

As much as I'd like to have anoymous sex with lots of people I don't think it'd be so great. I mean, I can fantasize about having a booty-call with certain attractive women, but when it's a real possibility I find myself wanting more...feeling guilty, and basically losing the attraction. However, if there's time for love to grow, then the sex is even more desirable and more fun. :)

Back
Top Bottom