seX seX seX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do Miss America

War Child
So much talk about sex in here I wanted to get people's definition of sex.

Excluding the classification of gender.

How do you define sex?

This is not a discussion about when or where sex should happen.

Just define what sex is.

Sexual intercourse involving genitalia.

And if a person can be arrested for soliciting oral copulation
Than oral copulation is a sex act. (sorry Bill)

But, then again a person can be arrested for hiring someone to undress and do things to themselves only.:huh:

Ok maybe I should make myself a little clearer.

Ok if you were abstaining from sex, what exactly are you abstaining from?

I'm talking about what defines the actual phyical aspect.

If genitals are involved does that mean any touching of genitals?

Touching of your own?

Last edited:
Well some sports advisors do include self love (abuse):wink:

John of God, the healer in Brazil includes it also. According to PrimeTime on ABC last night.

the physical union of two bodies in the joint pursuit of pleasure, passion, and connectedness.

physical penetration is, for me, a big part of what distinguishes sex from, say, "heavy petting." though i know several lesbians who would disagree with me. for me, it's penetration that enables a unique union between two bodies and that becomes the definitive factor in what is and what is not sexual intercourse. i consider "sex" intercourse; all other things, including oral sex, are "heavy petting" or "hooking up."

i like reserving the word sex for something pretty unique.

To me sex is the furthest form of physical intimacy a couple can take. For me it's intercourse. Everything leading up to intercouse is foreplay or "fooling around" and isn't sex.

It's ashame this thread wasn't taken a little more seriously. All this talk about sex in here; save it for marriage, the "act" of homosexuality is a sin, sex ed, etc. I really wanted a definition and discussion of where people drew the lines.

I see so many discussions in here about gay marriage. I see so many say how it's a sin. They quote their Bible verses and it all comes down to sex. The act of sodomy is a sin. And I don't get it, why the obsession with gay men? Honestly the church seems obsessed. I've had many discussions and I've seen many times in here and when it comes down to it, it's all about sex. They don't want men having sex with men. But then I ask them what about me, I'm a lesbian. Then they back track, um well um actually God hates all forms of homosexuality. In all of their twisting of words and misinterpretations of the Bible they forgot to include lesbians. I find that very odd.

I think in some way having such a male dominated society that somehow homosexuality between women is more accepted than between men. I honestly think if homosexuality only occured in women, we'd probably be able to marry.

And I don't get it, why the obsession with gay men? Honestly the church seems obsessed. I've had many discussions and I've seen many times in here and when it comes down to it, it's all about sex

You are right.

It is all about the sex act

"love the sinner and hate the sin"

I just don't buy it, does the sex act determine our sexuality?

If someone does not have sex does the "religious" person believe he or she is not gay?

Would they also not be straight then?

The obsession with sex is a control mechanism, used to shame people into submission.

I think sex is based on the individual or individuals. I don't believe there is one definition and I think it is different for everyone.
Basically, each person defines sex based on their personal beliefs. Those beliefs are neither right nor wrong.
As far as the sex act, I think that is also based on how each person views relationships. Some may not need a close relationship to engage in sex while others may need a more closer, loving relationship.

Back
Top Bottom