seX seX seX - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2005, 03:23 PM   #16
Acrobat

Local Time: 10:55 AM
Re: has such a nice ring to it

Quote:
Originally posted by deep
areola
Well I was going with the Seinfield definition but ok...

Old 02-12-2005, 12:14 PM   #17
War Child

Local Time: 09:55 AM
It's ashame this thread wasn't taken a little more seriously. All this talk about sex in here; save it for marriage, the "act" of homosexuality is a sin, sex ed, etc. I really wanted a definition and discussion of where people drew the lines.

I see so many discussions in here about gay marriage. I see so many say how it's a sin. They quote their Bible verses and it all comes down to sex. The act of sodomy is a sin. And I don't get it, why the obsession with gay men? Honestly the church seems obsessed. I've had many discussions and I've seen many times in here and when it comes down to it, it's all about sex. They don't want men having sex with men. But then I ask them what about me, I'm a lesbian. Then they back track, um well um actually God hates all forms of homosexuality. In all of their twisting of words and misinterpretations of the Bible they forgot to include lesbians. I find that very odd.

I think in some way having such a male dominated society that somehow homosexuality between women is more accepted than between men. I honestly think if homosexuality only occured in women, we'd probably be able to marry.

Old 02-12-2005, 12:25 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:55 AM
Quote:
And I don't get it, why the obsession with gay men? Honestly the church seems obsessed. I've had many discussions and I've seen many times in here and when it comes down to it, it's all about sex

You are right.

It is all about the sex act

"love the sinner and hate the sin"

I just don't buy it, does the sex act determine our sexuality?

If someone does not have sex does the "religious" person believe he or she is not gay?

Would they also not be straight then?

The obsession with sex is a control mechanism, used to shame people into submission.
Old 02-12-2005, 02:43 PM   #19
The Fly

Local Time: 03:55 PM
I think sex is based on the individual or individuals. I don't believe there is one definition and I think it is different for everyone.
Basically, each person defines sex based on their personal beliefs. Those beliefs are neither right nor wrong.
As far as the sex act, I think that is also based on how each person views relationships. Some may not need a close relationship to engage in sex while others may need a more closer, loving relationship.