Sex: Graham Crackers and Kellogg's Corn Flakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
...were foods invented with the explicit purpose to reduce one's sex drive. Dr. Sylvester Graham, in 1834, believed that a loss of semen during sex was injurous to a man's health, and only advised men to have sex at most 12 times a year.

Dr. John Harvey Kellogg, in 1884, invented Corn Flakes to "curtail children's inclination towards masturbation." Battle Creek, MI, the home of the Kellogg's brand, was, at the time, the world headquarters for Seventh-Day Adventists.

http://www.ibiblio.org/stayfree/10/graham.htm

Interesting, isn't it?

Melon

I learned that from the History Channel a couple of weeks ago. The History Channel has permanently scarred my virgin eyes. :eek:

melon said:
... advised men to have sex at most 12 times a year.

Melon

Wow, that's a lot!

Seriously, many cultures and belief groups have had a lot of bizarre ideas about sex.

I have more confidence in medical and science opinions on the subject.

I have heard it said that without the guilt associated with sex, most religions would be out of business and therapist would have empty appointment books.

Let it be understood that I believe a monogamous, committed relationship with consensual relations is the most healthy and should be sought after

martha said:

I doubt it. My husband enjoys both graham crackers and (especially) corn flakes and is quite the...affectionate...husband. If you get my drift. And I think you do. :flirt:

Sounds like a lot of Snap, Crackle, and POP going on in Martha's house :wink:

it's the growth hormone in the chicken?

I don't think it's that I am getting old and shrinking and I'm not sure what it is like in other countries, but our adolescents in Oz seem to be reaching physical sexual maturity at an earlier and earlier age. There are some HUGE 12 year old boys...with BEARDS!! I mentioned it to one friend and he theorised " it's the fortified breakfast cereals and the growth hormone in the chicken they eat so much more of these days"
I don't know about all that...but it seems relevant....slightly
my hub has eaten homemade muesli EVERY morning since I've known him :yuck: you would never guess he's almost 50...so just in case, I'd steer clear of the Kellogs', get yourself a bag of oats. Just as women may need to top up their iron, men may need to top up their zinc.

if all else fails cass..read the instructions I just opened the link:lmao: "shy and languid " eh?:eyebrow: "fiend of darkness":lmao: :lmao: "terminal pimples"is this meant to be funny? sorry if it's not( my grandmother was SDA, she had a tough life that is for sure, so I'm not laughing at that)just the premise that sex is unhealthy. Once a month? jolly gingoes.

it's way too late now for me( or more specifically my sons) but he mentions circumcison. It was difficult to know what was the right thing to do. My sons were born in the era of change.. I have always wanted to start a topic, but feared it being misconstrued...this is getting warmer.

martha said:

I doubt it. My husband enjoys both graham crackers and (especially) corn flakes and is quite the...affectionate...husband. If you get my drift. And I think you do. :flirt:

portman2.jpg

Yeah, I definately just used this for a paragraph in the paper I'm writing. Tis about obtaining food and the development of primate society, and what it says about our own evolution.... right now I'm talking about meat and its relationship to sex. Chimps who got the meat get the chicks. Half a page devoted to corn flakes is half a page I don't have to write about bonobos :no:
Anyway, thanks melon :wave:

Kristie said:
Yeah, I definately just used this for a paragraph in the paper I'm writing. Tis about obtaining food and the development of primate society, and what it says about our own evolution.... right now I'm talking about meat and its relationship to sex. Chimps who got the meat get the chicks. Half a page devoted to corn flakes is half a page I don't have to write about bonobos :no:
Anyway, thanks melon :wave:

Uck. Bonobos. The horniest little monkeys around.

BTW--Melon, where the heck do you FIND this stuff?

Back
Top Bottom