Setlist Party..err, I mean Debate Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
poor thing...are you volunteering for Obama? It's exceptionally fun to be around such a diverse, well-meaning folks.

I'm worried about tonight since Hillary is such a great debator...maybe even a master debater.:wink:

blueyedpoet said:
poor thing...are you volunteering for Obama? It's exceptionally fun to be around such a diverse, well-meaning folks.

I'm worried about tonight since Hillary is such a great debator...maybe even a master debater.:wink:

Yeah, I was going to be canvassing for him on Saturday but unless my fever goes away and my energy comes back I probably won't go. The primary here is the 12, so there's a lot to do.

Deep why do I get the feeling you're being sarcastic? :wink:

Oh! I might be able to take a break from work right around the start of the debate. It's at 5:00PM PST, right? Though my computer is nowhere near my TV.

Hi blueyedpoet :wave:

I've just been called by the Hillary Clinton campaign to vote for her on Tuesday. She'll offer affordable healthcare for all amongst other things he babbled to me :blahblah:

And hello to the rest of you, I just met blueyedpoet last week, so that's why the shout out, and he started the thread :wink:

So far they're both being very respectful of each other. Let's see if it lasts.

Do they have to "wing" this debate? Are they informed of the questions in advance? Do they have teleprompters?

Lila64 said:
Oh! I might be able to take a break from work right around the start of the debate. It's at 5:00PM PST, right? Though my computer is nowhere near my TV.

Hi blueyedpoet :wave:

hey, thanks for the shout out! how are you?

I realize this may be construed as superficial; however, the tone and the speaking presentation of Senator Obama is far more positive and presidential than Senator Clinton. Since the president is both head of state and head of government, one cannot overestimate the importance of appearing confidant and presidential.
His tie really is quiet nice.

I was more listening than watching. I'll check out the tie after this short break.

Seems to be going alright. This is the first debate I've watched. :shifty: :reject:

Doing alright blueyedpoet - you?

^No worries, I've been watching bits and pieces of the debates, but not usually full ones.

And, Obama's tie is nice. :wink:

I've seen most of these debates and I happen to watch them since I am a political junkie. Although I couldn't be less of a Republican, I have even seen most of their debates (I should've waited to use my debate pun). Really, this is the most important debate.
They're both trying so hard to enlist Edwards' supporters.

(I'm doing well...politics is like blue crack)

Last edited:
When I watch this, I think to myself, whichever one of the two of them is the candidate, there will be a thoughtful, articulate, brilliant person with some real ideas running for president. That is a fact.

The Republicans are old, stale and so pathetic compared to this. It is no surprise that their frontrunner hasn't raised as much money in over a year as Obama raised this month alone.

I think they're both doing a great job tonight. They're both giving intelligent and well-thought answers. Obama still seems to have a better grasp on the issues and more vision than Hillary. I am amused, yet glad, at how well they're treating each other tonight.

Both are articulating their ideas very well tonight. I have to say though, I'm really sick of seeing the celebrities in the audience...keep the cameras on the candidates please.

U2democrat said:
I'd say neither candidate "wins" tonight, but the Democratic Party looks a lot better than it did after the last debate.

I agree. I think they're "tied", so to speak tonight. They're so far ahead of the Republican candidates in terms of comprehension of reality and workable ideas that it's actually embarassing.

I agree with the general consensus that this debate is indeed head and shoulders above the ticky-tack, lack of substance, lack of intelligence debate last night.

Back
Top Bottom