September 11, 2001: What We Saw (500yds from WTC) - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2006, 03:53 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by tpsglick2424
What I was saying with other things that they ARE rumors..I am taking this seriously but I'm just thinking about it....
But why would you take a rumor like that seriously? If you'd spend as much time researching the source of this rumor as you have trying to believe it, you'd see how rediculous it is.

It's one thing to have military officials, pilots, or architects arguing that the planes were not the only cause of the destruction, but you have nothing of the sort. The rumors were started on some French website with an obvious bug in their bonnet regarding the US military.

Trust me, it's not worth thinking about.

If you're still not convinced, then what about the 757s black box that was found at the Pentagon? What about the experience pilot that saw the plane hit and even identified it as a 757? What about the damaged that the wings did to the outside wall of the Pentagon? What about the pieces of the plane's fuselage found in the wreckage and scattered on the lawn?

My problem is that these rumors were not started because someone actually found scientific data pointing towards something other than the 757, they were started because people were already biased against the US military and went looking for a way to stirr up shit. 9/11 is just a scapegoat here. By giving these rumors even two seconds of your thought, you're just doing exactly what they want - believing false information and then trying to pass it on to others.

Old 09-16-2006, 10:04 PM   #47
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic

But why would you take a rumor like that seriously? If you'd spend as much time researching the source of this rumor as you have trying to believe it, you'd see how rediculous it is.

It's one thing to have military officials, pilots, or architects arguing that the planes were not the only cause of the destruction, but you have nothing of the sort. The rumors were started on some French website with an obvious bug in their bonnet regarding the US military.

Trust me, it's not worth thinking about.

If you're still not convinced, then what about the 757s black box that was found at the Pentagon? What about the experience pilot that saw the plane hit and even identified it as a 757? What about the damaged that the wings did to the outside wall of the Pentagon? What about the pieces of the plane's fuselage found in the wreckage and scattered on the lawn?

My problem is that these rumors were not started because someone actually found scientific data pointing towards something other than the 757, they were started because people were already biased against the US military and went looking for a way to stirr up shit. 9/11 is just a scapegoat here. By giving these rumors even two seconds of your thought, you're just doing exactly what they want - believing false information and then trying to pass it on to others.
Exactly, guys, never question authority!

Old 09-17-2006, 12:16 AM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by financeguy

Exactly, guys, never question authority!
Did you not even read the post? I said, it would be one thing if these rumors stemmed from scientific findings, but the fact is that they were created by people who were already biased against the U2 military, way before 9/11 occured, they simply used it as a way to stir their shit.

Questioning authority is fine with me, in fact I think it's often necessary, but no one in a position of any "authority" (meaning a qualified scientist, pilot, military official, architect, etc) was the one starting these outrageous claims.

To me, it's more of an urban legend than even a conspiracy theory.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:23 AM   #49
Refugee

Local Time: 11:01 PM
Yes, I personally think it isn't such a bad deal that we question authorites...This is America and we have the right to have freedom to doubt and question authorities.

And sometimes in the end, you are still doubting authorites fine with me and if in the end you agree with the authorites then awesome.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:52 AM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

One of the saddest things I've learned recently was that the building that held a command center suppose to deal with terrorist attacks exactly like 9/11 was one of the WTC buildings that was demolished (the 7 WTC building, maybe? Can't remember which one).
Old 09-17-2006, 06:18 PM   #51
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:01 AM
For fuck's sake -

I have about as much respect for people who form sweeping opinions based on slickly-editied flash movies from internet bloggers, as I do for Fox news and its reputable coverage.