Sept. 11, 2001 ... Today, find your strength in "Love"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trash Can

Acrobat
Today, as we see and feel what has taken place, I ask and encourage all of you to take this opportunity to reject any feelings of hate that might swell up inside of you.

Sure, feel anger, rage, sadness, and maybe despair. We are all entitled to our feelings, but know, ... please know that if you choose to feel and harbor feeling of hate toward these unseen terrorists; toward the Islamic community; toward that dark skinned, big-nosed Arab guy who can't speak our language right... Then you have fallen victim to those attackers of today. You have let them affect you and you have allowed them to win.

Please don't let them win!

Let Love win! Love always wins!
I encourage you to be with loved ones. Talk about your feeling and talk of HOPE.

I hate to tell you this, but I'm SURE these are NOT the Biblical "end of times". We, here in the U.S. are a bit self-centered, and feel the Universe revolves around us. We have tragedy... "That's it!!! "Revelation"!! Pack your bags!"

How many died in Hiroshima from OUR atomic bomb?
How many died in the Concentration Camps?
How many die in N. Africa.. N. Ireland... Yugoslavia... It goes on and on.

Today is just yet another moment in time. This nation may NEVER be the same again, but I have a feeling we will continue.

Pray for the dead. Pray for the injured... Pray for the terrorists... Pray for those throngs of happy Muslims dancing in the streets of the Middle East.

Today, defy evil and hate... and look toward's Love for strength.

May each of you accept God's blessings.

Peace on earth.

------------------
My love for you
It's in the things I do and say
If I wanna live I gotta
Die to myself someday.
Surrender.

I'm not sure what to say...that was so eloquent...

I am feeling so much anger right now...I don't want to pray for terrorists and for those cheering...I want to wish them horrible deaths...but I know that what you are saying is true, even if it is hard to feel right now.

I'm praying for all.

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Hey... It's the next day now, and I'm really hurting.

It's so overwhelming, isn't it??

All these emotions have surfaced.
"Frustration" and "anger" being the two most prominent.

I can't help but see how this horrific act is a "rubbernecker's" wet dream. It seems we don't just love to slow down on the highway to gawk at a wreck's carnage, but we love to have our eyes glued to the set and see the horror.
My co-workers had a TV on yesterday and they couldn't get enough of all this. I was close to throwing up, ... or throwing a fit many times yesterday.
I was soooooooo tired last night. I guess, from all the suppression of my feelings.

Today, I walk in ... and the TV is on again. It's now all "Media Vulture" time. I got into an ugly confrontation with my manager because I asked for the TV to be turned off.

I guess we are ALL stressed out. I know I am.

Depression sucks. But thank God, I KNOW what is going on in my head and with my emotions and I will deal with it. I will ride this out. I will blow off steam, here, and with friends.

I'd like to know how all of you feel today.
I know it always helps to share feelings and hear other people out... and know that I am not alone.

Thanks guys.

------------------
My love for you
It's in the things I do and say
If I wanna live I gotta
Die to myself someday.
Surrender.

..well, I just "lost it" in two other threads... "I must be an Acrobat..."

I STILL dont want to hate!!!

ANGER is there, yes. But it doesnt have to mean "hate".

God help us all.

Originally posted by Trash Can:
..well, I just "lost it" in two other threads... "I must be an Acrobat..."

I STILL dont want to hate!!!

ANGER is there, yes. But it doesnt have to mean "hate".

God help us all.

Better that the anger is here where you can vent your words in a forum and not "hurt" anyone.

It's okay TC! We'll all be okay!

------------------
If they knock you down get right back up. That's the only way to do it. ~ Elvis Presley

Back
Top Bottom