Senator Obama

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If he stays on course, meaning if he doesn't change...He will be one of the best presidents in history.

But it won't be next election.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
If he stays on course, meaning if he doesn't change...He will be one of the best presidents in history.

But it won't be next election.

He will be...and I wish it could be this next election.

Obama sees the light.

Obama: Democrats Must Court Evangelicals

Sen. Barack Obama chastised fellow Democrats on Wednesday for failing to "acknowledge the power of faith in the lives of the American people," and said the party must compete for the support of evangelicals and other churchgoing Americans.

"Not every mention of God in public is a breach to the wall of separation. Context matters," the Illinois Democrat said in remarks to a conference of Call to Renewal, a faith-based movement to overcome poverty.

"It is doubtful that children reciting the Pledge of Allegiance feel oppressed or brainwashed as a consequence of muttering the phrase `under God,'" he said. "Having voluntary student prayer groups using school property to meet should not be a threat, any more than its use by the High School Republicans should threaten Democrats."

Common sense instead of outrage?!? I hope Barack continues with this type of influence in the party.

nbcrusader said:
Common sense instead of outrage?!? I hope Barack continues with this type of influence in the party.

Obama mentioned leaders of the religious right briefly, saying they must "accept some ground rules for collaboration" and recognize the importance of the separation of church and state.

I have to wonder what will come first: this or Hamas recognizing that Israel has a right to exist? Or maybe hell will freeze over first.

Melon

:lol:

To think...Obama was nothing more that a State Senator/Lawyer just two years ago. I think he needs some time still.

I heard about Obama's comments NB posted above. Very powerful. I'm thinking he could make a fine president, but yes, it will be quite a while.

melon said:

I have to wonder what will come first: this or Hamas recognizing that Israel has a right to exist? Or maybe hell will freeze over first.

Melon

Hopefully hell will freeze over first so a certain group of people will stop condemning others to there.

U2democrat said:
He'd make a good VP, and President later on. He needs more experience for people nationwide to take him more seriously.

yeah, I doubt he'd win if he ran for president in 2008 simply from lack of experience.

but I do think he shouldn't stay in Senate too long, because the longer you're in Senate, the more bullshit they can pull up about you voting one way on one thing and another way on a similar thing that really isn't the same at all. you know.

if he could become VP that'd be fantastic.

Gore said he wasn't running for president... I'm guessing Hillary will end up being the Democratic candidate. Who else do they have, really?

To be sure, Obama still needs some “seasoning” before he can really approach the national stage. What I appreciate from this news story is the healthy and rational understanding of separation of church and state. Rather than taking outraged exception to any public utterance of the word “God”, we see a balanced approach. His examples of the Pledge of Allegiance or student prayer groups meeting on school property are both Constitutionally permitted and are not twisted through the “someone might get offended” looking glass.

Back
Top Bottom