Senator Lieberman's Domestic Violence Plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/01/02/elec04.prez.lieberman.domestic.ap/index.html

This is an extremely important issue for me, and I think he has some wonderful ideas here, if only they could truly be implemented. It's so frustrating to see silence on the part of the President on this issue-someone correct me please :), but I have to agree that he has been virtually silent about it.

I haven't heard any of the other candidates say anything about this issue either :eyebrow:

This isn't made more of an issue because battered women aren't a big demographic. They don't vote. This may be the cynical side of me speaking but I would be surprised if any politician ever made this a big issue on their running platform.

I think it's very important, and I'm proud of Lieberman's stance.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
This isn't made more of an issue because battered women aren't a big demographic. They don't vote. This may be the cynical side of me speaking but I would be surprised if any politician ever made this a big issue on their running platform.

Well, that's surely sickening if that is the case. The idealistic side of me thinks that all men and women should care about domestic violence, and consider it an important issue for politicians.

Back
Top Bottom