Sen. Dick Durbin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
diamond said:

Durbin's apology was scripted and it hedged a bit. A teeny bit condscending.
It was as sincere as he could be but I think he did do irrepairable damage to our troops.

He will never fully recover from this, the majority of the country won't forget his original statements and also the majority of the country/military will never take him seriously again.

db9

I agree that politically he may have damaged his career, but come on irrepairable damage to our troops? If our troops are that easily offended then we have bigger problems than a bad analogy.

meaning irrepairable damage to our troops image and putting our troops in harm's way by emboldening the enemy w his comments.

db9

I am looking into this, but apparently of the 68,000 interrogations conducted in Iraq, Afghanistan, and GITMO....

there are less than 200 accusations of abuse.

.29% complain of abuse.....

I am wondering if anyone can come up with a verification of these numbers.......

diamond said:
meaning irrepairable damage to our troops image and putting our troops in harm's way by emboldening the enemy w his comments.

db9

Ah, the old 'giving succour to the enemy' argument. Do you honestly think that Al-Zarqawi's people will somehow hate America more than they already do because of some remarks by a senator?

For the record, I agree Durbin was wrong to use the Khmer Rouge comparison.

diamond said:

db9

Strongly doubt it. I think creating the front for the war by going into Iraq was enough...

Back
Top Bottom