Sen Boxer official signs the challange to contest the Ohio vote

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Political sour grapes. She knows it won't change the outcome.

To use a familiar phrase, shouldn't we get back to the business of running the country?

we have a word for ppl like this..

"loser".
a sore loser.

that the state of Wisc was only lost by 5000 by Bush are the GOP demanding an audit?

:hmm:

db9

diamond said:
that the state of Wisc was only lost by 5000 by Bush are the GOP demanding an audit?

*LOL* Only a nascar-watchin, mini-van drivin, gun-totin, Foxnews-watchin, Limbaugh-lovin, come-to-my-royal-blue-city-from-the-suburbs-and-drive-too-slow-in-the-left-lane, red-state republican would use this kind of logic. :)

verte76 said:
This won't change anything, so why are they doing it? It seems like a complete waste.

At this point I think it's more about future elections.

LPU2 said:

*LOL* Only a nascar-watchin, mini-van drivin, gun-totin, Foxnews-watchin, Limbaugh-lovin, come-to-my-royal-blue-city-from-the-suburbs-and-drive-too-slow-in-the-left-lane, red-state republican would use this kind of logic. :)

:ohmy:

You've met Diamond???

:p (Kidding hon, kidding...)

SD

joyfulgirl said:

At this point I think it's more about future elections.

Yes. I think a lot of people are missing this point.

Elections are not a football game. There's more to it than simply who won and who lost.

The U S election process is broken
it is an embarrassment-

sure, if your guy wins its fine,
so much for integrity and values

a two hour delay won't change outcome

but every bit of light shone
should help

Now, we are trying to measure the balance of power by the "quality" of the win.

This has nothing to do with fixing the process, only making a claim on this new form of power.

I think elections should be as honest and as fair as we can make them, I think that's the point :shrug:

I got this in an e-mail from True Majority-you can go to their site if you want to send an e-mail to your Senator

"The whole world now knows what went on in Ohio and other states on Election Day, and we simply can't let it happen anymore.

We know that many Americans in inner cities were prevented from voting by eight-hour lines. We know that local officials changed the rules on which votes they counted. We know that technicians from computerized voting companies were allowed to tamper with balloting machines unsupervised.

Elections with those sorts of problems are not honest.

The winners of these tainted elections assert that their outcomes didn’t depend on the fraud. But in sports, referees don’t wait until the outcome of the game is in jeopardy before calling penalties and enforcing the rules. Nowhere in the Constitution does it describe some acceptable level of denying Americans their votes. When Congress meets this Thursday, January 6, we’ll have a good opportunity to make it clear that Americans want every vote counted, period.

That same Constitution also directs Congress to ratify the result of the presidential election in order to make it official. This Thursday, Representative John Conyers (D-Michigan) plans to challenge the voting tally from his state, and if even one senator joins him, Congress will be compelled to debate the widespread problems that have been exposed. This Congress isn’t going to overturn the election, but it would be forced into a debate that would serve as a national teach-in on voting rights, computer voting that can’t be audited and the continued suppression of minority votes. In short — Honest Elections or not? "

deep said:
a two hour delay won't change outcome

but every bit of light shone
should help

Well put. Thanks.

If Ohio election officials, especially SOS Blackwell, had shown a bit more integrity during the last two months, the outcome would almost certainly be the same but we wouldn't be at this point today. These people need to be held accountable for their unethical (and clearly illegal in some cases) actions, and if this is what it takes, so be it.

LPU2 said:

violinplayer.jpg
:wink:

U2democrat said:
ok even i have moved on. they need to move on too. there are other battles to be fought.

glad to see some of the brighter stars are being realistic.
db9
:)

Gina-
It took me 1 hour to vote.
Guess what time I woke up?
5:00 a/m.
The polls opened up at 6:00a/m
It was worth the one hour wait in 40 degree weather.

My friends who voted who got to the polls at noon waited 3 hours.
They didn't complain.
Guess what Gina, voting is a privilge not a right.
Once you accept that concept, you're on the road to enlightenment:up:

db9

Last edited:
my main problem is that people are doing this with the false hope that the outcome will be changed. it won't there aren't enough votes there. if there were, it'd be different. but there aren't.

U2democrat said:
my main problem is that people are doing this with the false hope that the outcome will be changed. it won't there aren't enough votes there. if there were, it'd be different. but there aren't.

Suppose it were only a 15,000 vote swing.
With all the carping that went on in 2000 about GW not having the popular vote wouldn't it be hypocrtical for the Dems to clamor to a electoral college victory, or does it not count if the electoral college puts your man over the top, esp when GW won by THREE-MILLION MORE popular votes not 500,000 like "Al Im so Boring I could never be President-Gore"?:hmm::sexywink:

db9

Last edited:
diamond said:

Guess what Gina, voting is a privilge not a right.
Once you accept that concept, you're on the road to enlightenment:up:

db9

Ah yes, I think I remember this explained in the Voting Privileges Act of 1965.

Gosh, and to think, people complain about liberals being elitist. I can hardly think of anything "enlightened" about that statement, as all it does is justify pretty much any disenfranchisement I can think of.

Poll taxes, anyone?

Last edited:
strannix said:

Ah yes, I think I remember this explained in the Voting Priviliges Act of 1965.

Gosh, and to think, people complain about liberals being elitist. I can hardly think of anything "enlightened" about that statement, as all it does is justify pretty much any disenfranchisement I can think of.

Poll taxes, anyone?
strannix,

you can go ahead and try and split hairs on meanings of words, but let me ask you if you're a convicted felon do you lose your right to vote?

it's a "right" sure, but most also see it as a privilige, mr wordsmith.:wink:

db9

diamond said:

strannix,

you can go ahead and try and split hairs on meanings of words, but let me ask you if you're a convicted felon do you lose your right to vote?

it's a "right" sure, but most also see it as a privilige, mr wordsmith.:wink:

db9

Well, let's be precise here, shall we?

Actually, not that much precision is even necessary. There's a big difference between a "right" and a "privilege". Once you accept that concept, you're on the road to enlightenment.

nbcrusader said:
Political sour grapes. She knows it won't change the outcome.

To use a familiar phrase, shouldn't we get back to the business of running the country?

Well, for instance......having a vote that gives equal acess to all by proper number of voting booths in each precient -in heavily democratic/esp African-American communities voting booths were NOT at proper levels of X-machine per /# of voters in fact in some districts they had half the number of booths WITHOUT a subsiqent drop in population that would initiate a reduction in # of booths.......

That action forced lines hours long instead of the speedier voting done with the PROPER amount of votes
in the same state in precients where it was a Republican majority.

guess what nbc, that IS a foundation of Our Constition!

Your side, nb, lied & cheated & stole :madspit: it's way to the Presidency, again!

NOw there will at least be another asterick to *'s 2nd Residency, unlike in 2000's shame where not one of the Senators stood up for Real Democracy by joining with the house's people who protested Florida's severe iregulariies.

Last edited:
YAVRWC (With appologies to Headache)

Yet Another Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

I guess too much indy media/blogs can distort your view of reality.

diamond said:

strannix,

db9

do you mean once convicted felon?

in the over whelming majority of states you do not lose your right to vote

only in backward states,

the same states that disenfranchised minorities in the past

yes, they are for the most part red, too.

U2democrat said:
ok even i have moved on. they need to move on too. there are other battles to be fought.

hi, U2d.

I know you got your plate full:hug: ...but seriously- read some of the stuff on truthout.org, free press.org [not the detroit FP etc, it's an on-line 'newspaper/mag'. And/or flip through some of Rep John Conyers new report and you will really see {any one here} how severe the irregualriies were in Ohio, tho a few other States had some nearly as bad.

Here's another statistical analisist....

it's known that when you toss a coin the odds are 50/50 that it will go either way........
When it's actually done ...it can often vary from 51/49 to 53/47....... {as well as 50/50 at times} but it atays withint this range......

You see in the Ohio and perhaps the other states almost ALL the voter descrepencies occured on the Democrats side.

Statisticians say that it is an astronomically high figure [i have to consult my hardcopy on the exact numbers tommorow] that these voter problem decrepencies were due to chance.

:hug: strannix, SD, joyfulgirl & deep.......
see I was being kicked out oif the room where I was using the computers because of another meeting in there-- so I had to set this thread up super-quik.!

anyway i didn't even get back till now to read it, I was begining to as I read the first few...oh, where are my comrades-in-democracy here? thanks for :wave: showing up.

Last edited:
nbcrusader said:

deep said:
The U S election process is broken
it is an embarrassment-

sure, if your guy wins its fine,
so much for integrity and values

I guess fox news and clear channel will validate your view of reality, why change the channel

nbcrusader said:

With due respect, that's a woefully inadequate way to address the situation. This isn't the alien autopsy we're discussing; there are actual facts at issue here, which are facts regardless of which side brought them up. If you'd care to address them, I'd welcome your thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom