Self-Evaluation Exercise - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 11-02-2006, 06:09 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 06:27 PM
It would be interesting to rank each other on this scale -- may be more accurate, or at least more enlightening.

Old 11-02-2006, 07:10 PM   #17
Forum Moderator
Local Time: 07:27 PM
That would defeat the point of getting people to reflect on their own thought processes, then take more personal accountability for how they read and post. I certainly don't think it would likely be more "accurate" to have someone else judge what goes on in your head for you, since all they ever see of that is the end result. That was definitely not the intent of the member who originally passed the exercise along to me, and I tried as best as I could to explain the original intent behind it.

Other than one person who treated the exercise as a joke, none of the responses thus far struck me as overly generous.

yolland [at]

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 11-03-2006, 08:35 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 02:27 PM
I don't think that's a good idea, no offense Nathan. We don't need any more divisiveness than we already have here, and I think perhaps people have biases about others as a result of FYM postings. Ranking and evaluating others is best left to being a private enterprise. Unfortunately you can't force people to evaluate themselves.

There is so much "ranking" of others that goes on on the rest of Interference, actually one reason I come to FYM is to avoid that.