Secretary Paul O'Neill press "DISTORTS"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
[Q]"People are trying to make a case that I said the president was planning war in Iraq early in the administration," O'Neill said. "Actually, there was a continuation of work that had been going on in the Clinton administration with the notion that there needed to be regime change in Iraq." [/Q]

Maybe because everyone is forgetting Bill Clinton signed a bill authorizing the United States to take steps to remove Saddam from power. So why wouldn't the NSC meet to talk about this early on in the administration.

[Q]But Tuesday O'Neill said, "I'm amazed that anyone would think that our government, on a continuing basis across political administrations, doesn't do contingency planning and look at circumstances." [/Q]

Yes, Mr. O'Niell contingency plans.......

So who is MISREPRESENTING THE TRUTH?

[Q]WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill said Tuesday his account of the Bush administration's early discussions about a possible invasion of Iraq has been distorted by a "red meat frenzy." [/Q]

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/01/13/oneill.bush/

Hmm...I'm kind of confused. they all seem to be saying that Bush inherited the Iraq thing from Clinton.

The NSC dropped alot of things when the administration changed. They were warned about terrorist attacks and al Qaeda by the Clinton administration as well and by the time they paid attention to the Clinton admin's report, it was after 9/11.

These discussions are getting interesting. I'm off to Barnes&Noble to go buy the book and see what's really in it.

Someone at the Republican Party has probably threatened him. I'd be curious as to what capacity, but, as they say, "curiosity killed the cat." :|

This often reminds me of how Alan Greenspan would say derisive comments about Bush's tax cuts for months and months, and then, all of a sudden, he's joined the bandwagon too. This is all too convenient, and I would not rule out the possibility of behind-the-scenes threats within this party.

Melon

Melon,

The comments about Bush's tax cuts were made when the economy was still strong, I believe. Bush's tax cuts did not make economic sense until the economy was in recession.

Back
Top Bottom