Sd.368

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the iron horse

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Sunday Dispatch .368

December 2nd

"Donate and volunteer."

Somehow, some people believe that the poor and needy are that way because they've done something to deserve it. They figure God would solve the problem if it was supposed to be solved. They don't realize that God is trying to solve the problem, but that the solution involves us. We are God's eyes, hands, and feet. He has blessed us with the resources needed to solve the problem. All that remains is for us to find the love and compassion within ourselves to make God's plan a reality. As we prepare to share in the blessings of Christmas, it is good to think of ways we might repay the Lord for the greatest gift ever given. How better can we return thanks for the life of Christ, than to share and care for those less fortunate than us? Volunteer some time at a food kitchen or shelter, or donate food, clothes or money to your local charities if you can spare some this year. Bless you!

I know that the Lord will maintain the cause of the afflicted, and the right of the poor.

Psalm 140:12

Heaven

~From Daily Bread / posted online every sunrise

the iron horse said:
Somehow, some people believe that the poor and needy are that way because they've done something to deserve it. They figure God would solve the problem if it was supposed to be solved. They don't realize that God is trying to solve the problem, but that the solution involves us.

Very true.

My church has a giving tree every year for gifts for various people through charities, they are always my favorite gifts to buy. You don't have to spend any money either, your time is just as valuable. Little things mean everything.

Back
Top Bottom